Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any interest in JFKU?
So I was highly disappointed when Patten University was bought by JFK University. After a few emails I decided to sign up for a term. It's a 6 month term at the monthly price Patten charged.
I was wondering if anyone is interested in how it goes for me. Maybe give some insight if anyone is on the fence with them.
[-] The following 2 users Like xjarhead1999's post:
  • quigongene, ROYISAGIRL
I would be interested.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

Sure I'd be interested

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

Definitely let us know.

I hope they've significantly improved the program/content since my Patten days, but it seems like they've just taken on all the staff and rebranded it over at JFKu so I'm not holding my breath for a much different setup. I'd like to go back for an MBA eventually way in the future but I doubt I will.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
I have a feeling it may just be a rebranding of Patten. I never started at Patten, but a couple of things seem like something I have read here while researching them. I also saw the Patten name in one of the readings in the orientation class.

I haven't done much yet so it may seem boring. I'll give a quick rundown of what I know now and how I got to JFK.

Several months ago I had reached out to Patten about their Psychology in Industrial Organization degree. I wanted to start around June or July. The advisor said I should wait until my graduation from Pierpont in August. This was at the beginning of June. I was really disappointed when they were bought out.
Last week I received my degree from Pierpont in the mail. I went through my email to find the ones between Nancy and me. I happened to see the emails from the advisor at Patten. I replied basically venting my frustration and didn't expect a reply. The same advisor replied. So it appears that JFK did keep the same staff. She is my student advisor. I was told as long as I started by Oct 2nd I could get the Patten price of $350 a month.
We started the registration process on Wednesday and by Thursday I had access to my student area. Friday morning when I got up there was an orientation class ready for me to take. This class doesn't count towards my GPA or degree path but is required. It's more or less just to show me how classes work at JFK.
When I finish this orientation I will be able to tell more about how everything works. So probably Wednesday or Thursday I can update more.
[-] The following 2 users Like xjarhead1999's post:
  • Life_One, mudball
I'm interested. They had some degrees that were offered that WGU didn't - the AA, and the BA in Psych. Looks like they've changed their offerings though.

Were you able to bring in your Pierpont AAS without a transcript? And did you get a waiver of gen ed's or anything like that? I'm curious how courses come in, and how flexible they are.

Please keep us posted!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(09-10-2018, 02:44 PM)jsd Wrote: I hope they've significantly improved the program/content since my Patten days, but it seems like they've just taken on all the staff and rebranded it over at JFKu so I'm not holding my breath for a much different setup. I'd like to go back for an MBA eventually way in the future but I doubt I will.

Yeah, they probably wouldn't have had time to make real changes. Maybe later. I also think it'd be nice to get an MBA, but will probably be busy with other things.  I think I'd go with WGU or Purdue Global instead of JFKU.

(09-10-2018, 04:12 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I'm interested. They had some degrees that were offered that WGU didn't - the AA, and the BA in Psych. Looks like they've changed their offerings though.

Were you able to bring in your Pierpont AAS without a transcript? And did you get a waiver of gen ed's or anything like that? I'm curious how courses come in, and how flexible they are.

Please keep us posted!

Right now I'm still in the process of having my transcripts sent over. I have asked my advisor about my Pierpont degree and asked Nancy what can be done from her end.
I'm wondering what all will transfer. A few months ago, they had accepted some of my Shmoop courses in the unofficial evaluation. I hope they will take them. If, and that's a big if, they take everything I hope they will then I should be very close to the 90 maximum transfer credits.
(09-10-2018, 04:12 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Looks like they've changed their offerings though.

They still have the AA, BA Psych, BA Management, and MBA all with various concentrations. Looks like they just got rid of their BA Leadership w/ concentrations, but that was done under Patten shortly before the move. That makes sense, as they were basically duplicates of the Management paths under a different name. 

It'd be nice if they would add a MA in Psych, but I have a feeling they're not going to expand too much on what's already there.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Here is something that I got that shows the comparison/results of the merger. Maybe it will help.

Sorry, uploaded the wrong file, I'll try again.

Attached Files
.pdf   Patten+Online+Transition_+Summary+of+Changes+for+JFKU.pdf (Size: 306.49 KB / Downloads: 36)
.pdf   Patten+Online+Transition_+Frequently+Asked+Questions.pdf (Size: 252.81 KB / Downloads: 13)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interest Rate Conversions, DSST P. of Finance mstcrow5429 1 842 04-16-2008, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Farmerboy