Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any of the big three accept ITT-Tech credits?
Excelsior and UMPI accepted all of my NA credits, WGU did not take any
(07-25-2021, 02:11 PM)tdubx Wrote: Excelsior and UMPI accepted all of my NA credits, WGU did not take any

Really? That's very interesting. I knew Excelsior accepts (some) NA credits but I thought that UMPI didn't accept any. And WGU definitely says that that (some) NA credits are accepted.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(07-25-2021, 02:11 PM)tdubx Wrote: Excelsior and UMPI accepted all of my NA credits, WGU did not take any

What did UMPI accept? I've been told by UMPI that they only accept RA credit. That's even in their catalog so this is very interesting!
tdubx Wrote:Excelsior and UMPI accepted all of my NA credits, WGU did not take any

That's awesome for UMPI, I noticed you went with Excelsior though: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid342239

I assume all the NA credits were from Full Sail, UMPI might have done an evaluation on their end, they accept "some NA": https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid340342

Here's the link for "non RA" at UMPI, they accepted from BEAL College : https://www.umpi.edu/academics/prior-lea...titutions/
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(07-25-2021, 03:29 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
tdubx Wrote:Excelsior and UMPI accepted all of my NA credits, WGU did not take any

That's awesome for UMPI, I noticed you went with Excelsior though: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid342239

I assume all the NA credits were from Full Sail, UMPI might have done an evaluation on their end, they accept "some NA": https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid340342

Here's the link for "non RA" at UMPI, they accepted from BEAL College : https://www.umpi.edu/academics/prior-lea...titutions/

Beal University is in Maine so they may have an agreement with them especially since many of the courses cover 2 majors at UMPI - criminal justice and environmental science. Reciprocity is common in state. 

Full Sail would be interesting as they are on the quarter credit system which always stinks when you transfer because you end up short on credit often times. 

Seems like finishing WGU would have been the best option. 42 credits already done at WGU and they know the system. Not sure how EC or UMPI would have been faster or cheaper. Doesn't surprise me that WGU doesn't accept NA credits as most schools don't.

It may be that they just didn't accept any because of the courses you took vs the ones you needed for your degree.  They tell you why the courses won't come in, did that give you any clues?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(07-22-2021, 02:03 PM)texsec Wrote: I have a Associates degree from ITT-Tech in Computer Network Systems and about 30 additional credits from CC, CLEP, and University.

I'm looking for the quickest path to a Bachelor degree with the intent to enroll in an MBA program.

Do any of the big 3 or UMIP accept ITT-Tech credit transfers? Anyone have any experience with this?
UPDATE:

I've enrolled at TAMUC and they have accepted all of my ITT credits, as well as my CLEPs and other institutions. I'm still waiting to hear from the assistant director of admissions as to whether or not I'll receive any credits from Sophia.

However, even without Sophia I'll be bringing in 88 credits and have 45 to go using their 7-week, selfpaced semester system. I'm hoping to finish in in a year or less, as I will be trying to knock out at least 3 classes per 7-week period.
[-] The following 4 users Like texsec's post:
  • allvia, FastTrackDegree, rachel83az, sanantone
Awesome! Let us know how the TAMUC program is.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • FastTrackDegree, texsec
Cool Cool Cool Cool

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI BABA Project Management with Zero Starting Credits ChickenEnjoyer 37 1,928 03-18-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Racking up Sophia Credits - What's Next? Ljanelle 5 282 03-17-2024, 02:11 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Degree Plan, potentially transferring ~50 Credits chrsghs 17 785 03-14-2024, 06:05 PM
  I finished my degree but still need 26 credits to graduate??? jesssem 8 568 02-26-2024, 12:04 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Good amount of credits, what to do next? khon 2 333 01-23-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: Ghostwill
  Need Help On How To Get Credit for ACE/NCCRS Credits eyrobinson 4 393 01-19-2024, 01:36 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson
  Associate degree in CJ: easiest path with no prior credits? CM1999 2 236 01-11-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  A lot of credits trying to get a quick degree! Aehsahs 3 564 01-04-2024, 05:31 PM
  European seeking advice for a tech degree to study a master's in Europe unfinesredondo 5 658 01-04-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  Hi! Prospective law school student. Need 30-ish credits to graduate within 6 months. CaughtInTheRye12 23 1,653 12-28-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12