Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any one ever dealt with these pests
Hello  Smile ,

I was scared out of a sound sleep (well almost there) by a house centipede. I couldn't believe how quick that joker moved across my room. it's dead but I'm still shaken up and cannot sleep. What can I do to make sure I don't run into this problem again?
(05-25-2019, 01:56 AM)2L8 Wrote: Hello  Smile ,

I was scared out of a sound sleep (well almost there) by a house centipede. I couldn't believe how quick that joker moved across my room. it's dead but I'm still shaken up and cannot sleep. What can I do to make sure I don't run into this problem again?

Yes, I had house centipedes when I lived in Ohio.  Big, fast, bushy things.  Generally attracted to damp basements or other sources of moisture in the home.

Try some food grade Diatomaceous Earth.  Or Ortho Home Defense. Sprinkled around baseboards, etc.
Western Governor's University
MSCSIA - Completed 2020.  Program completed in 8 months.
Cybersecurity Scholarship Recipient
Thomas Edison State University
B.A.L.S 2019 
ASNSM - Computer Science - 2018 
Pierpont College
Board of Governor's AAS, AOE Information Systems - 2017

[-] The following 1 user Likes ChilliDawg's post:
  • 2L8
(05-25-2019, 04:14 AM)ChilliDawg Wrote:
(05-25-2019, 01:56 AM)2L8 Wrote: Hello  Smile ,

Yes, I had house centipedes when I lived in Ohio.  Big, fast, bushy things.  Generally attracted to damp basements or other sources of moisture in the home.

Try some food grade Diatomaceous Earth.  Or Ortho Home Defense. Sprinkled around baseboards, etc.

Thank you very much Smile
Yep I 2nd the diatomaceous earth. Get a pitcher with a spout (like a plastic lemonade pitcher) and pour a steady stream all around your base boards. Even along the carpet line in carpeted rooms. Leave it for a week, come back in a week and enjoy your brand new insect graveyard. it's terrifying to see all the creepy crawlies you never knew you had.
[-] The following 2 users Like saraholson's post:
  • 2L8, hsfamfun
If I could post a picture I'd show you the 6in centipedes I find every morning at work
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

(06-02-2019, 03:51 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: If I could post a picture I'd show you the 6in centipedes I find every morning at work

Lol I'd die if I saw a centipede again those things are weird Sick
Quote:House centipedes feed on spiders, bed bugs, termites, cockroaches, silverfish, ants, and other household arthropods
Might be beneficial to just keep the house centipedes Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nixi's post:
  • jsd
get a couple of pet tarantulas
let them loose right before you go to bed and they will take care of all the bugs
[-] The following 1 user Likes bluebooger's post:
  • TacticalTechie
(06-03-2019, 01:23 PM)bluebooger Wrote: get a couple of pet tarantulas
let them loose right before you go to bed and they will take care of all the bugs

[img]http://www.achievement-maker.com/xbox/Make%20fear%20of%20bugs%20greater?header=It's%202L8&email=.png[/img]
Watch monster bug wars lol it'll cure your fear
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics