Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any suggestions for an Online MBA Program that accepts University of Phoenix Credits
Look to finish my MBA. I am a 20 year employee of a major bank. I have completed 5 of the neccesary 12 classes. I am finding the UOP is very expensive and was wondering if anybody has any suggestions. UOP is charging about $2,350 per class. I cannot lose any credit hours and must do all online. Thoughts ? Please help!!!!
You will likely find that other schools will accept a maximum of 6 credits in transfer, so only two of your classes. Ashford is one exception, theu take up to 9 or 12 depending on degree pursued.Transfer Up to 90 Credits Towards Your Bachelor's Degree | Ashford University I don't know what they are charging these days, but I would bet its half of UofP.

You could consider one of the self paced programs such as WGU or Patten...they won't accept the transfer but you can test through their programs at your own pace, many finish in 12-18 months so the whole degree is soemthing like $6-10K (if you can get it done fast).Online MBA | WGU College of Business
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
I cannot say this with 100% certainty, but I doubt that you will find a school that will give you 15 transfer credits towards an MBA, especially a one-year online MBA. At this point, you probably have to think about what you're willing to lose in terms of time/money/credits and make your decision from there. Your best option will depend on your priorities.
CPA (WA), CFA Level III Candidate

Currently pursuing: ALM, Data Science - Harvard University, Cambridge, MA (12/48, on hold for CFA/life commitments)
MBA, Finance/Accounting - Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, 2015
BSBA, General Management - Thomas Edison State College, Trenton, NJ, 2012

Although WGU doesn't accept transfer credit, I would look toward WGU for the MBA. With 20 years of experience in banking, you should be able to rock out the finance classes. You should be able to easily finish in under a year (two terms), thus spending under $7k for the MBA. You could also try Patten University for your MBA. For the low cost and ability to finish quickly, going with either WGU or Patten might be worth ditching your five UoP classes and chalking it up to a bad decision.

dmjacobsen http://donaldjacobsen.com
Author, nurse, and all-around awesome guy
MSN Executive Leadership - The University of Memphis - 2016
MBA Healthcare Management - Western Governors University - 2015
AMU will accept 50% transfer credits towards a graduate degree.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
Same with just about any DEAC school also.
MA in progress
AAS & AGS
I have heard that Patten has been very flexible for some programs.
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

What courses have you completed?
MA in progress
AAS & AGS
rebel100 Wrote:You will likely find that other schools will accept a maximum of 6 credits in transfer, so only two of your classes. Ashford is one exception, theu take up to 9 or 12 depending on degree pursued.Transfer Up to 90 Credits Towards Your Bachelor's Degree | Ashford University I don't know what they are charging these days, but I would bet its half of UofP.

You could consider one of the self paced programs such as WGU or Patten...they won't accept the transfer but you can test through their programs at your own pace, many finish in 12-18 months so the whole degree is soemthing like $6-10K (if you can get it done fast).Online MBA | WGU College of Business

Patten will accept 6 transfer credits.

videogamesrock Wrote:AMU will accept 50% transfer credits towards a graduate degree.

APUS accepts up to 15 transfer credits. Their MBA is 39 credits.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:Patten will accept 6 transfer credits..
Does that include the Sl organizational theory course or would that bring the total to 9?
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 193 3 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 244 4 hours ago
Last Post: armado
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 15 1,043 Yesterday, 09:18 AM
Last Post: PaperAssistant
  Czech 100% online MBA and DBA for 3k/5k David1477 7 285 03-25-2024, 08:34 PM
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 3 268 03-23-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Wnt2BLPC
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 491 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,451 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 261 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 546 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 31 6,837 03-08-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: HogwartsSchool