Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any updates on Study.com Computer Science course acceptance?
July has come and gone... 

I am considering working towards a CS degree at TESU and am wondering if the CS courses first discussed back in April from Study.com are still being accepted at TESU or not?  It seems like the threads related to this went dark with no updates.  Does anyone have any recent information?

Thanks!
[-] The following 2 users Like OsirisAsar's post:
  • Arto, origamishuttle
(08-06-2022, 10:00 AM)OsirisAsar Wrote: July has come and gone... 

I am considering working towards a CS degree at TESU and am wondering if the CS courses first discussed back in April from Study.com are still being accepted at TESU or not?  It seems like the threads related to this went dark with no updates.  Does anyone have any recent information?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!

There was some confusion when the Study.com courses were about to expire though all those courses have been renewed. Everything should be ok now. 

To keep track of upcoming Study.com changes, check out this page here.

https://support.study.com/support/soluti...ng-courses

The good news is a computer science degree is now easier to get as the computer architecture course has an easier assignment, and Sophia just added Calculus which should transfer to TESU. (Confirmed Calculus does transfer)

The hardest thing is taking the first step, so if you haven't already, I challenge you to sign up for free to Sophia and commit just 10 minutes to study one lesson of the course of your choice. (doesn't matter what it is)

Then make a spreadsheet plan for your degree and start knocking out courses.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 5 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • Dorothy44, inf, origamishuttle, OsirisAsar, Pikachu
(08-06-2022, 11:55 AM)LevelUP Wrote:
(08-06-2022, 10:00 AM)OsirisAsar Wrote: July has come and gone... 

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!

There was some confusion when the Study.com courses were about to expire though all those courses have been renewed. Everything should be ok now. 

To keep track of upcoming Study.com changes, check out this page here.

https://support.study.com/support/soluti...ng-courses

The good news is a computer science degree is now easier to get as the computer architecture course has an easier assignment, and Sophia just added Calculus which should transfer to TESU.

The hardest thing is taking the first step, so if you haven't already, I challenge you to sign up for free to Sophia and commit just 10 minutes to study one lesson of the course of your choice. (doesn't matter what it is)

Then make a spreadsheet plan for your degree and start knocking out courses.

Thank you so much LevelUP!  Looking forward to getting started.  I am generally going back and forth between WGU and TESU.  I will get more credits transferred via TESU but I like the general format of classes at WGU.
OsirisAsar Wrote:
LevelUP Wrote:Then make a spreadsheet plan for your degree and start knocking out courses.

Thank you so much LevelUP!  Looking forward to getting started.  I am generally going back and forth between WGU and TESU.  I will get more credits transferred via TESU but I like the general format of classes at WGU.

You are better off creating that spreadsheet for TESU and WGU, compare the courses required, and complete the courses that can be transferred to both. If you prefer TESU, obviously complete the required courses, but just in case "life happens" or "changes to catalog" that become unfavorable for TESU, you'll have no need to worry when you want to switch to WGU as X courses will go over, up to 90 credits or 75% of the degree. The spreadsheet is your tool for reference and tracking purposes to BOTH institutions...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 3 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • origamishuttle, OsirisAsar, Pikachu
(08-06-2022, 11:41 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
OsirisAsar Wrote:
LevelUP Wrote:Then make a spreadsheet plan for your degree and start knocking out courses.

You are better off creating that spreadsheet for TESU and WGU, compare the courses required, and complete the courses that can be transferred to both.  If you prefer TESU, obviously complete the required courses, but just in case "life happens" or "changes to catalog" that become unfavorable for TESU, you'll have no need to worry when you want to switch to WGU as X courses will go over, up to 90 credits or 75% of the degree.  The spreadsheet is your tool for reference and tracking purposes to BOTH institutions...

Great advice, thank you!
I am a new (1 month) BACS student at TESU. After I enrolled I received the following email from my Academic Advisor in response to which of the SDC Computer Science courses transfer:

In regard to the aforementioned Study.com courses:

Study.com, AN103 is not accepted for credit
Study.com, SCCOS102 transfers in as CMP-202 via NCCRS transcript (no current end date) and may be applied as a Free Elective
Study.com, SCCOS103 transfers in as COS-101 via ACE transcript (if taken prior to 02/29/24) and may be applied as a Free Elective
Study.com, SCCOS105 transfers in as COS-240 via ACE transcript (if taken prior to 09/30/24) and may be used to as to satisfy the Section E, Operating Systems requirement
Study.com, SCCOS106 is not accepted for credit
Study.com, SCCOS107 is not accepted for credit
Study.com, SCCOS108 is not accepted for credit
Study.com, SCCOS109 transfers in as COS-111 via ACE transcript (if taken prior to 03/31/25) and may be used to satisfy the Section A, Programming requirement
Study.com, SCCOS110 is not accepted for credit
Study.com, SCCOS111 transfers in as COS-116 via ACE transcript (if taken prior to 09/30/24) and may be applied as a Free Elective
Study.com, SCCOS112 transfers in as COS-213 via ACE transcript (if taken prior to 09/30/24) and may be applied as a Free Elective
Study.com, SCCOS113 transfers in as COS-205 via ACE transcript (if taken prior to 07/31/25) and may be applied as the one remaining lower-level Area of Study Elective
Study.com, SCCOS114 transfers in as COS-206 via ACE transcript (if taken prior to 02/28/23) and may be applied as an alternative to the one remaining lower-level Area of Study Elective
Study.com, SCCOS115 transfers in as COS-208 via ACE transcript (if taken prior to 09/30/24) and may be applied as an alternative to the one remaining lower-level Area of Study Elective
Study.com, SCCOS201 transfers in as COS-241 via ACE transcript (if taken prior to 03/31/25) and may be used to satisfy the Section C, Data Structures requirement
Study.com, SCCOS203 is not accepted for credit
Study.com, SCCOS204 is not accepted for credit
Study.com, SCCOS220 is not accepted for credit
Study.com, SCCOS302 transfers in as CIS-320 via ACE transcript (if taken prior to 02/29/24) and may be used as an upper-level Area of Study Elective
Study.com, SCCOS303 transfers in as CIS-311 via ACE transcript (if taken prior to 02/29/24) and may be used as an upper-level Area of Study Elective
Study.com, SCCOS304 transfers in as CMP-254 via ACE transcript (if taken prior to 07/31/25) and may be applied as a Free Elective
Study.com, SCCOS305 transfers in as COS-240 via ACE transcript (if taken prior to 09/30/24) and may be used as an alternative to satisfy the Section E, Operating Systems requirement
Study.com, SCCOS306 transfers in as COS-330 via ACE transcript (if taken prior to 03/31/25) and may be used to satisfy the Section F, Computer Architecture requirement
Study.com, SCCOS307 transfers in as CIS-251 and duplicates coursework on file (does not transfer)
Study.com, SCCOS310 transfers in as CMP-299 via ACE transcript (if taken prior to 04/30/23) and may be applied as an alternative Free Elective
Study.com, SCCOS311 is not accepted for credit
Study.com, SCCOS321 is not accepted for credit
Study.com, SCCOS323 is not accepted for credit
Study.com, SCCOS324 is not accepted for credit
Study.com, SCCOS330 is not accepted for credit
Study.com, SCCOS331 is not accepted for credit
Study.com, SCCOS332 is not accepted for credit
Study.com, SCCOS335 is not accepted for credit
Study.com, SCCOS336 is not accepted for credit
Study.com, SCMAT108 transfers in as MAT-270 via ACE transcript (if taken prior to 09/30/24) and may be used to satisfy the Section D, Discrete Math requirement
Study.com, SCBUS303 transfers in as CIS-301 via ACE transcript (if taken prior to 08/31/23) and may be used as an upper-level Area of Study Elective

In regard to Study.com, SCBUS309 which transfers in as MAR-441 via ACE transcript (if taken prior to 08/31/23), this course is not an approved elective for the BA in Computer Science. 
[-] The following 3 users Like scottlefoll's post:
  • Arto, LevelUP, Pikachu
(08-26-2022, 04:19 PM)scottlefoll Wrote: I am a new (1 month) BACS student at TESU. After I enrolled I received the following email from my Academic Advisor in response to which of the SDC Computer Science courses transfer:

So that matches the equilvent guide.

https://study.com/college/school/thomas-...rsity.html
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(08-26-2022, 04:19 PM)scottlefoll Wrote: Study.com, SCCOS302 transfers in as CIS-320 via ACE transcript (if taken prior to 02/29/24) and may be used as an upper-level Area of Study Elective
Study.com, SCCOS303 transfers in as CIS-311 via ACE transcript (if taken prior to 02/29/24) and may be used as an upper-level Area of Study Elective
I forgot to update. I had these transfer recently. I think within the past two weeks? I completed them in June.
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management
(08-26-2022, 04:19 PM)scottlefoll Wrote: Study.com, SCCOS105 transfers in as COS-240 via ACE transcript (if taken prior to 09/30/24) and may be used to as to satisfy the Section E, Operating Systems requirement
Study.com, SCCOS109 transfers in as COS-111 via ACE transcript (if taken prior to 03/31/25) and may be used to satisfy the Section A, Programming requirement
Study.com, SCCOS201 transfers in as COS-241 via ACE transcript (if taken prior to 03/31/25) and may be used to satisfy the Section C, Data Structures requirement
Study.com, SCMAT108 transfers in as MAT-270 via ACE transcript (if taken prior to 09/30/24) and may be used to satisfy the Section D, Discrete Math requirement

I completed these 2-3 weeks ago and just transferred them in today. All is still good!
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management
[-] The following 5 users Like origamishuttle's post:
  • davewill, jch, LevelUP, Pikachu, rachel83az
I just transferred in these 4 to TESU and they were all added successfully, I completed them late August/early September this year:
Study.com - Computer Science 306: Computer Architecture (Transferred in as COS-330: Computer Architecture)
Study.com - Business 303: Management Information Systems (Transferred in as CIS-301: Management Information Systems)
Study.com - Computer Science 302: Systems Analysis and Design (Transferred in as CIS-320: System Analysis and Design I)
Sophia - MATH1040: Calculus I (Transferred in as MAT-231: Calculus I)
Thomas Edison State University:
BA in Computer Science - Currently Pursuing (114/120 Credits)
ASNSM in Computer Science - Graduated 6/5/2020
[-] The following 1 user Likes BadBradsBBQ's post:
  • Arto

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 526 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 2 321 04-04-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ASNSM in Computer Science and TEEX Cybersecurity? Shorn27 2 430 03-18-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 438 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  BA Computer Science Final upper class to take Armstrong 17 1,027 01-11-2024, 01:04 AM
  Troubles with Sophia Transfer (Science & History) poisonedapple 5 622 12-27-2023, 11:34 AM
Last Post: poisonedapple
  How often Study.com transcript to TESU? Carnation 3 473 12-09-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Study.com Digital Marketing No Longer UL After Nov 1st LevelUP 12 992 12-05-2023, 01:29 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Bachelor degree in Computer science fiyajou3 8 916 11-08-2023, 09:43 PM
  Study.com Transfer to TESU Questions Carnation 14 1,638 11-01-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: Pats20