Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any word on saylor renewing management information systems
They still have not renewed their ace MIS certification anyone have any inside info on when this will be done?  It's the last class I need for cosc besides the capstone
Um, I think it's going to be late June, Sept, or December. So, if you need it right away, there is no use in waiting, take it at another provider such as Davar or Study.com - it might be just slightly more expensive, but well worth it because of the medium you're learning from and the ability to get the credits faster. Saylor.org courses are cheap, but yet cheaply put together, I only like a handful of their courses, the rest of them are on par with Shmoop courses, downright not recommended.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I had wanted to take the Saylor MIS course as well, mainly to avoid the papers that Study.com makes you do LOL. But I finally bit the bullet and signed up for Study.com; I didn't want to wait for Saylor because I'm on a deadline for December graduation. And, since I'm assuming testing centers are closed in my area, the DSST was out of the question.
yeah theres 3 different 1000 word papers u need to write for study.com, come on now. I might just do DSST when the country opens back up again.
It's an Upper-Level course, you can't expect it to be a cakewalk anywhere. You might want to take a look at Davar, you can take 2 business courses for $99+exam fees with their business class and it'll be cheaper than their own general education courses that cost $70+exam fees or cheaper than Study.com...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
But its not even UL at COSC (or TESU as far as i know)
It depends on which school you take it for; COSC will bring it in as LL no matter where, so you're better off taking a LL version. TESU will bring it in as UL if it's UL, and LL if it's LL, so you'll want to make sure you take the correct one.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • kevie
For anyone still wondering about the renewal of Saylor's MIS class, here's the response I got: the latest information is that we'll be putting the courses through ACE review during May. A safe assumption for the quickest turnaround on making the renewed credit exam available would be sometime in June, presuming all goes to plan.
[-] The following 1 user Likes studyandpass5's post:
  • rachel83az
Man thats cutting it close cosc need to have their graudation papers in june 15th
(04-28-2020, 09:56 AM)Clepking100 Wrote: Man thats cutting it close cosc need to have their graudation papers in june 15th

And that's if everything goes to plan. There's always the risk of something getting delayed. Your best bet would probably be to do Davar or Study.com. Although I would recommend Davar as I'm going through Study.com right now and it's terrible LOL. I also hate papers so maybe that's just me... Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 299 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  Credly Badge Denied, TEEX Disaster Management for Water & Wastewater Utilities sixdegreesandamovie 3 244 03-07-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Davar Academy experience - MAN-330 International Management TopHatWombat 6 1,290 12-30-2023, 01:22 AM
Last Post: mariobros1985
  Sophia Project Management MrBossmanJr 19 3,323 09-15-2023, 06:00 PM
  Send Saylor credit to credly vetvso 4 1,517 09-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Saylor BIO101 Notes Request axelblaze77 5 528 08-24-2023, 12:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Degrees available with Saylor Academy and OnlineDegree cvalor 21 3,260 07-03-2023, 02:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Saylor Vent Lima845 4 838 06-21-2023, 10:56 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Saylor Academy is very slow Leo Wu 2 1,146 06-11-2023, 08:10 PM
  Sophia - Principles of Management Kones 6 2,046 02-12-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: tsgreer