Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Anybody Passed Dantes Civil War, Soviet Union or Money/Banking Using Only Instancert?
Has anybody here passed Dantes Civil War and Reconstrruction, Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union or Money & Banking using only Instancert?
I passed money and banking by using both instantcert and Rudmans Money and Banking. It is a tough test. I have scored 60 or better on every other clep and dantes I have taken. I got a 49 on Money and Banking, which was just enough with the minimum passing grade being 48. Last year the military pass rate on this test was 10%.
I will be taking BOTH the Civil War & Soviet Union DANTES exams in March and April respectively.

There seems to be very little study material and "practice tests" available. I have taken / passed 15 CLEP's and these two will be my first / last DANTES.

I just hope they score similarly to CLEP.
Please let us know how you do as I plan to take the history exams in the future.

Thanks.
I took the Civil War and Reconstruction DSST today. Now I have to wait a couple of weeks for the score:mad: I like the CLEP instant gratification computer method better.
This was my first test after using Instacert. I feel pretty good about the exam. There were two questions that I felt were not covered by the flash cards. But I also studied two different books as well. The questions seemed to try to confuse you with play on words alot.
As soon as I find out my results I will post them.
94W Wrote:I took the Civil War and Reconstruction DSST today. Now I have to wait a couple of weeks for the score:mad: I like the CLEP instant gratification computer method better.
This was my first test after using Instacert. I feel pretty good about the exam. There were two questions that I felt were not covered by the flash cards. But I also studied two different books as well. The questions seemed to try to confuse you with play on words alot.
As soon as I find out my results I will post them.

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"]Thanks for the update 94W, I am taking the Civil War exam next week.

QUESTION: How many questions were on the exam and what other materials did you use? THANKS!! [/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku Wrote:[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"]Thanks for the update 94W, I am taking the Civil War exam next week.

QUESTION: How many questions were on the exam and what other materials did you use? THANKS!! [/COLOR][/SIZE]

It was around 110 questions. The following two books are really helpful. The first is a must.

Don't Know Much About the Civil War Kenneth C. Davis
The Civil War Quiz Book John Malone

I got lucky and found both in my local library. I also started reading Uncle Tom's Cabin but it was not that critical on my test.
94W Wrote:It was around 110 questions. The following two books are really helpful. The first is a must.

Don't Know Much About the Civil War Kenneth C. Davis
The Civil War Quiz Book John Malone

I got lucky and found both in my local library. I also started reading Uncle Tom's Cabin but it was not that critical on my test.

Thanks for the info on Civil War, 94W, I start studying it tonight and I'll test in a couple of weeks. I really only use Instacert, but on this one I plan to use additional resources so this is great, timely advice.

As for Money and Banking, I bombed it :mad: verrrry frustrating. It was hard, I think you really have to know the Fed Board - which I, obviously, didn't. I had had really good experience with all my other DSST, aced MIS and many other LL exams so I was a bit deflated when the score report came in weeks later - missed it by 5 points.

Six months to wait to retest is an eternity in test-taker land. I'm really counting on CW and Soviet Union to pull me through those UL arts and sciences credits.
I just recieved the results for this test today in the form of an Excelsior College status update. Although I have not recieved an official score from DANTES yet, I scored high enough for Excelsior College to award me an "A" for this test. I studied using only Instacert and Sparknotes.
Could you have passed using only instantcert ..as Iam not at all familiar with sparknotes?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,506 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  Business Insider/MSN - College, Grad, Money Articles bjcheung77 4 450 08-17-2023, 11:07 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  For Union Members prkarlov 6 600 05-02-2023, 07:43 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Is It Worth the Money to Get a College Degree? Lets Do the Math and Find Out! LevelUP 20 2,074 02-08-2023, 07:27 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Union Plus Free Degrees are Dead TINASAM 9 1,829 09-11-2022, 02:14 PM
Last Post: redheadguy03
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,841 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  Kim did it after 4 tries! <baby bar passed> bjcheung77 8 1,255 12-15-2021, 11:00 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Free Bachelors Degrees for Union Member letterchaser202 32 3,765 11-24-2021, 03:11 PM
Last Post: wow
  Magical, Mystical, Money Machine - Educational Technology bjcheung77 1 507 11-16-2021, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Passed the CISSP Exam jamshid666 5 1,864 09-27-2021, 01:58 PM
Last Post: jamshid666