Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Anybody Passed Dantes Civil War, Soviet Union or Money/Banking Using Only Instancert?
Redleg143 Wrote:I just recieved the results for this test today in the form of an Excelsior College status update. Although I have not recieved an official score from DANTES yet, I scored high enough for Excelsior College to award me an "A" for this test. I studied using only Instacert and Sparknotes.

[SIZE="3"]CONGRATS - I'm sitting the exam this Friday. Are you talking about the very thin purple cover sparknotes book? THANKS!![/SIZE]
Those are the ones. They have one for the Civil War and a separate one for the Reconstruction. The Civil War book covers a quite a bit of the events that led up tp the war, although I did not have a lot of questions about the events leading to the war on my particular test. I believe I could have passed using only Instacert, but it was nice to have hard copy reinforcement and at under $5.00 a peice what the heck! I also baught a Sparknotes guide for the Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union test which I took a couple of weeks ago. The guide only covers the Russian revolution though but once again its cheap. I have not recieved my test results for that one yet.
Redleg143 Wrote:Those are the ones. They have one for the Civil War and a separate one for the Reconstruction. The Civil War book covers a quite a bit of the events that led up tp the war, although I did not have a lot of questions about the events leading to the war on my particular test. I believe I could have passed using only Instacert, but it was nice to have hard copy reinforcement and at under $5.00 a peice what the heck! I also baught a Sparknotes guide for the Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union test which I took a couple of weeks ago. The guide only covers the Russian revolution though but once again its cheap. I have not recieved my test results for that one yet.
Iam planning on taking this test in the next few weeks..and sparknotes can be purchased where? Thanks much for the help!
I buy mine at Barnes and Noble book stores. You can go to www.sparknotes.com and see what they have to offer.
Redleg143 Wrote:I buy mine at Barnes and Noble book stores. You can go to www.sparknotes.com and see what they have to offer.

How did you like the Soviet test? Which did you find harder the Civil War or the Soviet test. Again thanks for your feedback.
I thought the Soviet test was harder, but that might be because I actually had an interest in the Civil War so it was easier to study. I dont think I bombed the Soviet test but I doubt I did as good as the Civil War. Only time will tell. I will update when I get my score back.
Redleg143 Wrote:I buy mine at Barnes and Noble book stores. You can go to www.sparknotes.com and see what they have to offer.

Redleg - did you find the free stuff on the sparknotes site to be helpful? I was thinking it looked like it might be good to validate what was learned here on InstaCert and provide bullet point-type information. Am I off base on that? Should I just cough up the five bucks?
Redleg143 Wrote:I thought the Soviet test was harder, but that might be because I actually had an interest in the Civil War so it was easier to study. I dont think I bombed the Soviet test but I doubt I did as good as the Civil War. Only time will tell. I will update when I get my score back.

[SIZE="3"]Hey Redleg - Just a quick follow-up question. I have never taken a DANTES exam as of yet but have taken and passed well over a dozen CLEP exams. I was wondering if you might be able compare the two exams (DANTES -vs- CLEP) in relative terms of difficulty ie: does one form or another seem to be written more difficult to answer and/or do they seem similar? THANKS!![/SIZE]
libartsmgr: I would cough up the five bucks, the free stuff on the website is like a sample of whats in the books, which are small already. If anything you could go to the bookstore and browse through one to see if it would suit your needs.

shoto: I think the DANTES and CLEP are comparable in difficulty but the DANTES are not timed. This makes a big difference for me because I don't have to stress about the clock. I took Analyzing and Interpreting Literature last week and I thought I was going to run out of time but I was able to answer all of the questions. I am taking DANTES Management Information Systems today, wish me luck!
shoto: I think the DANTES and CLEP are comparable in difficulty but the DANTES are not timed. This makes a big difference for me because I don't have to stress about the clock. I took Analyzing and Interpreting Literature last week and I thought I was going to run out of time but I was able to answer all of the questions. I am taking DANTES Management Information Systems today, wish me luck![/QUOTE]

[SIZE="7"]GOOD LUCK!![/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business Insider/MSN - College, Grad, Money Articles bjcheung77 4 439 08-17-2023, 11:07 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  For Union Members prkarlov 6 583 05-02-2023, 07:43 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Is It Worth the Money to Get a College Degree? Lets Do the Math and Find Out! LevelUP 20 2,021 02-08-2023, 07:27 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 6 1,245 10-26-2022, 01:33 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Union Plus Free Degrees are Dead TINASAM 9 1,794 09-11-2022, 02:14 PM
Last Post: redheadguy03
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,804 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  Kim did it after 4 tries! <baby bar passed> bjcheung77 8 1,214 12-15-2021, 11:00 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Free Bachelors Degrees for Union Member letterchaser202 32 3,683 11-24-2021, 03:11 PM
Last Post: wow
  Magical, Mystical, Money Machine - Educational Technology bjcheung77 1 497 11-16-2021, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Passed the CISSP Exam jamshid666 5 1,842 09-27-2021, 01:58 PM
Last Post: jamshid666