Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody else like IKEA furniture
I love IKEA and bought my sons bunk-beds there about 20 years ago 2 boys used them together and separate and still going strong. I also bought a 3 draw chest and the draws still slide after 20 years in a kids room. I miss IKEA now there is not one within a reasonable drive except in Canada and that would make it too expensive. We have considered buying what we want back in NJ and driving it up here.

Jennifer that room is amazing
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
I've never been to IKEA. The closest one is probably an hour and a half or two hours away. With Austin and San Antonio in the region, they decided to place IKEA in Round Rock. The other one is in Houston which is over 3 hours away.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
We have an Ikea about an hour away. It is one of those stores that we only visit occasionally, but it is worth the trip. They have done a great job of setting the place up. My wife and I make an afternoon of it when we go. It is a great way to get decorating ideas of you like contemporary styling.
TESC 2015 - BSBA, Computer Information Systems

TESC 2019 - 21 Post-bachelor accounting credits
Now I'm sad! Our entire apartment in Chicago was care of IKEA. We had to sell everything when we moved - it was cheaper to buy new - but the nearest IKEA is over 300 miles away. I'm convinced they would drive all the other furniture shops out of business if they placed more stores.

Edited to add: Jennifer, I love that school room! I miss IKEA even more, now, after seeing that.
BSBA, HR / Organizational Mgmt - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
- TESC Chapter of Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration
- Arnold Fletcher Award

AAS, Environmental, Safety, & Security Technologies - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
AS, Business Administration - Thomas Edison State College, March 2012
Lindagerr Wrote:I love IKEA and bought my sons bunk-beds there about 20 years ago 2 boys used them together and separate and still going strong. I also bought a 3 draw chest and the draws still slide after 20 years in a kids room. I miss IKEA now there is not one within a reasonable drive except in Canada and that would make it too expensive. We have considered buying what we want back in NJ and driving it up here.

Jennifer that room is amazing
Thanks Linda and Mrs b, I love them too! That's their "Billy" collection and cheaper than anything we ever owned. I think the most expensive piece was $60.
cookderosa Wrote:Thanks Linda and Mrs b, I love them too! That's their "Billy" collection and cheaper than anything we ever owned. I think the most expensive piece was $60.

Inexpensive is not always cheap! It's an adorable, studious arrangement, and I'm jealous, lol!

I've tried to convince my husband that we'll still save money by driving to Atlanta and renting a truck to bring back the fruits of a healthy shopping spree, but have yet to get him to see the perfection in that logic.
BSBA, HR / Organizational Mgmt - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
- TESC Chapter of Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration
- Arnold Fletcher Award

AAS, Environmental, Safety, & Security Technologies - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
AS, Business Administration - Thomas Edison State College, March 2012
Message to Sweden: You guys make awesome furniture but please stop making meatballs. Leave that to Jersey. Let the MEATBALLS make the MEATBALLS! But seriously I'm an IKEA fan too.
TESC AA
TESC BA June 2010
Swedish meatballs are really a misnomer those are not made to be in sauce and eaten with spaghetti or on a delicious hot sub you need a MEATABALL to do that. Those swedish things are made to be in a brown gravy and I don't know what they are made of. And just because I am from Jersey and know how to make a MEATBALL doesn't mean I am a meatball.:p
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
We love IKEA! Their kids stuff is great and, unlike the more expensive stuff we once had, it actually stands up to two active boys. They also have some really neat and sturdy kitchen gadgets. The kids curtains and fabrics are nice as well.

On the meatballs - I know I'm outnumbered here but I have to throw Boston's North End into the meatball ring. Definitely a worthy opponent for Jersey :-)
Lindagerr Wrote:Swedish meatballs are really a misnomer those are not made to be in sauce and eaten with spaghetti or on a delicious hot sub you need a MEATABALL to do that. Those swedish things are made to be in a brown gravy and I don't know what they are made of. And just because I am from Jersey and know how to make a MEATBALL doesn't mean I am a meatball.:p

LOL you spelled it exactly the way it's pronounced there, that one vowel in the middle makes it authentic. Growing up I had friends who were Italian American and Jewish American but now that I'm older I realize they were neither, they were just JERSEY. I'm so old school I still say BADA BING BADA BOOM/BADA BOOM BADA BING. And then once in a while somebody will ask me, "Are you from New Jersey???!!!"
TESC AA
TESC BA June 2010