Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Else Finding Ordering A Dantes Test A Pain ?
For all of you who are struggling to find a place to take DANTES exams,

I take all my DANTES (and CLEP) exams at the University of Pittsburgh's testing center.

Did you call ALL your local Universities before you resorted to testing on a military base? Remember, that most universities don't actively advertise the fact that you can test out for credit at their testing centers (it's bad for business). So you really do have to call and ask them specifically.

Don't trust their websites. For example, UPitt's website mentions CLEP but makes no mention of DANTES at all.

Make sure you call and speak to the manager of their Academic Testing Center (or Office of Evaluation etc.), not just admissions, or general information hotline's etc. When I called UPitt, the first two people I spoke to had no idea what DANTES were. Only when I asked for the number of the Academic Testing Center did I finally get somebody who knew what I was talking about. She immediately said, "Yes! We do DANTES here. Which exam would you like to take first!"

It was as simple as that...once I spoke to the right person!

Hope that helps somebody out there,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
Ron - don't think this is much help to you - too far away - but one of the testing centers here in San Antonio has all of them on hand all the time. Testing centers are allowed to do that, according to the test admin there.

But, I can totally relate to it bursting your bubble when you're ready to test. Sorry to hear it. It's such a let down.

I think I've been a little spoiled because the test admin is so cool, he just tells me to let him know which one I want when I show up.
[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="2"]
Best of luck,
Joanne [/size]
[SIZE="1"]
31 hours traditional schooling
11 Microsoft exams, 1 Linux+, 2 ICCP's, 6 CLEP's, 12 DSSTs, and 6 ECE's
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"]Degree Completed!
BS in Liberal Studies[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[QUOTE=libartsmgr]Ron - don't think this is much help to you - too far away - but one of the testing centers here in San Antonio has all of them on hand all the time. Testing centers are allowed to do that, according to the test admin there.

But, I can totally relate to it bursting your bubble when you're ready to test. Sorry to hear it. It's such a let down.

I think I've been a little spoiled because the test admin is so cool, he just tells me to let him know which one I want when I show up.[/QUOTE

tHANKS, i really appreciate the tip but that's a four hour drive. luckily I only have one Dantes to go.
Ron Bowman..Tx.
LIBERAL ARTS MAJOR
ATTENDING T.E.S.C.
27 CLEP AND DANTES COMPLETED COURSES AND 12 F.E.M.A.

ONE CLASS TO GO AND I'LL BE DONE. ASTRONOMY IS ALL THAT'S LEFT AND CAP AND GOWN HERE I COME !!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Injury to tailbone leads to finding of... bjcheung77 0 105 03-22-2024, 01:59 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 149 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 467 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Help Finding Some Courses harrypotter 2 265 01-23-2024, 03:52 PM
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 5,413 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  SANS FOR500 Test and college credit vetvso 5 931 10-30-2022, 07:11 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Inside the Vast National Experiment in Test-Optional College Admissions LevelUP 2 838 04-11-2022, 05:49 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  BALS degree Foreign Service Officer Test vetvso 2 778 02-25-2022, 02:49 AM
Last Post: vetvso
  Help finding a thread (or info) on FAFS reconsideration based on lower 2020 income studyingfortests 2 619 11-15-2021, 01:32 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  Med School Tutors now part of Blueprint Test Prep! bjcheung77 0 478 11-01-2021, 06:25 PM