Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Else Getting Sick of This COVID Crap?
Well, I am a little late to this one.....but, yes, I am extremely sick of this COVID crap.

Unfortunately, I have to take it more serious than ever. I live in a COVID hotspot, and at least 7 or 8 of my co-workers have tested positive, and are presently out of work recovering (quarantining). I have been dodging this thing like a bullet. I was in a meeting with a contractor, two weeks ago, who notified me two days later that he was positive. Had a female co-worker that hovered over my desk last week, that also tested Positive.

I have tested negative this week. Fortunately for me, I am in a controlled area of the building, and do not have to interact or even cross the path of many other people. I have been 100% face mask compliant and am a compulsive hand washer anyway. I get outside as much as possible on breaks. Being the isolated Datacenter guy has its benefits.

Everyone that is off of work is either asymptomatic or very mildly ill. The 25 year old girl that has it, is pregnant. She said that it was a lot like very bad seasonal allergies for her. As a matter of fact, she wrote it off as allergies for a week before getting a positive test result. Everyone else from work that is positive is saying they are enjoying their time off, mowing the lawn, and doing some deferred household maintenance. One of the men is 60 years old, but a very fit cyclist. He says he almost doesn't believe that he is positive. I only hope I can keep dodging it. I am pretty sure we are closing back down and working remotely.

NOTE: If we were having this conversation 3 weeks ago, I wouldn't have been able to relate even one single person that I knew that had it, or even knew someone that knew someone else that did. Now, I feel it is just a matter of time, thanks to being an "essential" government worker.
Western Governor's University
MSCSIA - Completed 2020.  Program completed in 8 months.
Cybersecurity Scholarship Recipient
Thomas Edison State University
B.A.L.S 2019 
ASNSM - Computer Science - 2018 
Pierpont College
Board of Governor's AAS, AOE Information Systems - 2017

Dumb question alert: If folks who have COVID-19 aren't keeping their immunity, how would a vaccine work? Doesn't a vaccine operate along the same concept?
Thanks.
[-] The following 2 users Like LongRoad's post:
  • dfrecore, ss20ts
New study says that masks cut your risk of getting sick by 65% (not just protecting other people) from getting sick: https://www.ucdavis.edu/coronavirus/news...5-percent/

And, LongRoad, there is some debate as to whether a vaccine would actually do any good at eliminating the disease or not. It might wind up being like a flu shot that you have to take every year if you're worried about catching it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • LongRoad
(07-05-2020, 11:10 AM)LevelUP Wrote: Is anyone getting sick of this?  Are masks stupid?  When and how do you think this will end?

BEEN tired of it.

Not stupid in that they are effective to a degree. Stupid to think the virus will disappear and we can make it disappear from our lives.

I don't think it will end. Virus hysteria has taken hold and it will be used as an economic, political, and social tool from now on. It's a tremendous indispensable enemy. Better than communists or terrorists. Better than Russians and maybe even global warming.... or global cooling..... or climate change.
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
[-] The following 2 users Like StoicJ's post:
  • LevelUP, ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Amazon ‘censored’ COVID-19 vaccine books after ‘feeling pressure’ from Biden White Ho Charles Fout 1 361 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Exclamation Boston University Doctors Create New COVID Variant that Has 80% Kill Rate LevelUP 10 1,044 10-20-2022, 03:34 PM
Last Post: inf
  Covid Update Alpha 24 2,282 02-02-2022, 11:13 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Should You Be Required to Show a COVID Vaccination Card In Order to Vote? LevelUP 44 4,105 08-29-2021, 04:14 AM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
Big Grin 2 COVID Vaccines Approved, End to Pandemic in Sight?? LevelUP 140 13,289 04-27-2021, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Commencements During COVID natshar 6 1,155 04-02-2021, 06:36 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Second Wave - Coronavirus/Covid has begun! bjcheung77 3 1,106 07-14-2020, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  Discounted Tuition & COVID-19 jinsoo 5 1,458 07-05-2020, 08:36 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Covid 19 - 1 Million Euro Donation bjcheung77 0 1,360 06-21-2020, 07:31 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  COVID-19 Updated Impact Tracker on U.S. Universities PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 0 1,222 05-19-2020, 10:41 PM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy