Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone ever been or know about Sasebo Japan?
I am moving there in a few months and any advice you can offer would be helpful. Thanks!
TESC BA Social Sciences (Completed Feb 09)
Up next: Masters In Education/Adult Education and Training
25 Fema Credits -done Big Grin
Cleps taken:
Human Growth & Dev - passed
Intro to Ed Psych - passed
Sociology - passed
Analyz & Int Lit-passed
English w/essay-passed
Princ of Acct-passed Smile
Organizational Behavior-passed
Intro to Computing-passed
Ethics in America DSST-passed
Intro to World Religions-passed
Technical Writing-passed
Anthropology-passed
Social Science & History-passed
Humanities-passed:eek:
Substance Abuse-passed
Civil War and Reconstruction-passed :eek:
Psychology of Women TECEP- passed
SWEET!!!! Have fun in Japan. I looked it up on Wikipedia for you it looks like a really nice place.

Sasebo, Nagasaki - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I am assuming that you are in the military? I lived in Sasebo 12 years ago and it was more of a family oriented place when I was there. If you are married it’s the idea place to be there are a lot of family things to do. If you are single you may want to travel to Nagasaki, Fukuoka, or Osaka to have fun. You can rent a car so you don’t have to pay for all those toll roads, which can be quite expensive. If you are in to sports there are a lot of activates to keep you busy with the artificial turf fields that they have there.
I currently live in Yokosuka, which is near Tokyo. I suggest if you have time try and visit Tokyo. Here they have most advance subway system in the world so you can get to anywhere you want to by train. I suggest the New Sanno Hotel, which is for military members and their families. It’s a four star hotel in the middle of the Roppongi district which is downtown Tokyo. You can catch the Shinkansen from Osaka which is cheaper and faster than catching a plane. The best of luck to you .
Wow, I don't know anything about Sasebo but I am jealous!! I have been to Narita, Japan (2 nights) and Taiwan (1 month) and I would love to return to Asia some day. Unlike most travelers, I was privelaged to go with a friend that was born over there and stay as family. I have nothing but good stories to tell about the people, food and culture (except tofu--I can't stand tofu). Enjoy!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tsunami in Japan STG 6 1,036 03-14-2011, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Firedup4Jesus