Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone have Credits transfer in for HR certificate
Hey guys

Has anyone gotten an HR certificate from an accredited University and had tesu give u transferable credits for the courses towards your current degree program? 
I'm still waiting for advising to respond, but was wondering if anyone else has dealt with this situation.
Was the certificate an undergrad cert with a certain number of courses - like TESU's certificates? Or is this a cert like a PHR?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-03-2020, 07:25 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Was the certificate an undergrad cert with a certain number of courses - like TESU's certificates?  Or is this a cert like a PHR?
Here's the link 
https://www.pacific.edu/academics/school...cate-.html
TESU probably won't take this - it's not college credit on an RA transcript, nor is it a nationally recognized certificate like PHR or SHRM.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-03-2020, 10:00 PM)dfrecore Wrote: TESU probably won't take this - it's not college credit on an RA transcript, nor is it a nationally recognized certificate like PHR or SHRM.

Ill keep you posted but my advisor emailed me saying that he thinks the HR certificate will count for free electives. Im waiting for him to check that for sure. Im only considering that cert. to boost my resume for HR jobs...it appears some stuff has changed that was approved on my remaining classes... so Im trying to get it in writing what counts and what doesnt. I was gonna take the DSST substance abuse test but it isnt UL anymore so now i have to find something in place of it. 
I have 7 classes total left, 20 units according to my evaluation for a BA Liberal Studies...of those 2 are the required tesu classes. heres the breakdown... maybe youll think of something I havent:

ENC 102 3units--planning DSST adv. english comp test
SOS 110--TESU in may
GE Elective-- 1 unit needed
Liberal Studies Upper level: 6 units needed I was planning on DSST money and banking(if I can pass it) and the dsst substance abuse doesn't                                              count for UL now 
Capstone--TESU in may/june
Electives: 4 units needed. Im finishing the CSM higher learning Certificate right now. 

I just need to get done already, its becoming difficult to get a job where i live having a degree is needed. I plan to go to grad school after in hr or healthcare management 

Im open to ANY thoughts for classes/tests to get these classes done. i had to put everything on hold last year for health issues and $$. Im trying to save for my grad and out state fees since i cant use my financial aid loans for it.
(02-05-2020, 03:56 PM)Sb2013 Wrote:
(02-03-2020, 10:00 PM)dfrecore Wrote: TESU probably won't take this - it's not college credit on an RA transcript, nor is it a nationally recognized certificate like PHR or SHRM.

Ill keep you posted but my advisor emailed me saying that he thinks the HR certificate will count for free electives. Im waiting for him to check that for sure. Im only considering that cert. to boost my resume for HR jobs...it appears some stuff has changed that was approved on my remaining classes... so Im trying to get it in writing what counts and what doesnt. I was gonna take the DSST substance abuse test but it isnt UL anymore so now i have to find something in place of it. 
I have 7 classes total left, 20 units according to my evaluation for a BA Liberal Studies...of those 2 are the required tesu classes. heres the breakdown... maybe youll think of something I havent:

SOS 110--TESU in may
Liberal Studies Upper level: 6 units needed I was planning on DSST money and banking(if I can pass it) and the dsst substance abuse doesn't                                              count for UL now 
Electives: 4 units needed. Im finishing the CSM higher learning Certificate right now. 

I just need to get done already, its becoming difficult to get a job where i live having a degree is needed. I plan to go to grad school after in hr or healthcare management 

Im open to ANY thoughts for classes/tests to get these classes done. i had to put everything on hold last year for health issues and $$. Im trying to save for my grad and out state fees since i cant use my financial aid loans for it.

Have you done the FREE sophia courses yet? There are 2 worth 1 credit each, 1 credit would count as GE electives and the other would count as a free elective. I would try TEEX would UL the death investigation comes in as UL.
(02-05-2020, 09:53 PM)natshar Wrote:
(02-05-2020, 03:56 PM)Sb2013 Wrote:

SOS 110--TESU in may

Have you done the FREE sophia courses yet? There are 2 worth 1 credit each, 1 credit would count as GE electives and the other would count as a free elective. I would try TEEX would UL the death investigation comes in as UL.
Huh Confused  I haven't taken the Sophia free classes! I kinda forgot about them. Have u taken either? I read some people finish them in a few hours?! 
THANK YOU for the reminder.... I'll add these three classes to my list. And make sure I get my advisors approval
I finished the Sophia in about an hour or so on each course

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 489 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 219 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 313 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 339 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 2,744 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 835 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  SAS Advanced Programmer Certificate awildefish 5 489 02-15-2024, 09:13 PM
Last Post: mog538
Lightbulb TESU - Course Transfer Questions mweichert 12 1,039 02-15-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Organizational Leadership Cert SDC transfer credits Kones 5 504 02-10-2024, 03:48 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  TESU Max Credit Transfer and graduation speed? ecdw94 3 779 02-01-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: jch