Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help me to get a Bachelor and Master Degree
(11-03-2017, 09:40 PM)maplefu Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 09:15 PM)davewill Wrote: Do you have the previous evaluation? Maybe it still be used.

I do have evaluated before in University Of Toronto, but that's only for document, not course by course. 

I read a lot of info from TESU and Open course today. I think I should enroll the program and take exams directly without any evaluation. I need a list for TESU Computer Science courses and all courses connect to Saylor or Straight Line open course program. If anyone has the degree plan already, please show me. Thanks

BTW, how many credits I could transfer by credit-by-exam program? Or can I get all credits by open course exam?

Here is my Computer Science degree plan. You can't quite get the entire thing through alternative credits. By my count, you need two UL AOS courses from "real" schools, and of course, the Capstone must be taken at TESU. The spreadsheet assumes using the Study.com discount, which expires at the end of June.

Attached Files
.xls   TESU BA Computer Science 2017-1.xls (Size: 27 KB / Downloads: 30)
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Hi Davewill, thanks a lot. That plan is awesome. The UL tuition in TESU is really too expensive. CC means Charter Oak College?
CC means Community College. You can look around at other schools to try and find some UL CS courses cheaper.
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

(11-04-2017, 08:27 PM)davewill Wrote: CC means Community College. You can look around at other schools to try and find some UL CS courses cheaper.

I'm really appreciated. Thanks davemill. You help me a lot.
I will start this plan as soon as I get admission from TESU.
MapleFu, I replied to your private message on the sister board (DegreeInfo) and am pasting that reply here. Further to that, there are a few questions I have for you. Where did you get your 3 year Comp Sci Diploma (school/city-country)? Are you looking at Regionally Accredited or Nationally Accredited programs? I see you mentioned you've applied to WGU, Regis, TESU and UofPeople.

Do you have kids, are you married, working full time, got grandparents to take care of, have other time consuming responsibilities? Are you looking for cheap/easy/fast? I guess that was a given question, you have the Big 3 (I would suggest TESU and Excelsior over Charter Oak) and the Competency Based Degree providers - WGU (you're lucky, selective areas in Canada are accepted - Alberta, BC, Ontario). You have other options - I've mentioned that in the Beginners Guide.

Bachelors Recommendation: Do not waste time with UofPeople as they are Nationally Accredited, go for a Regionally Accredited program.
1) Apply to TESU/WGU and send in your transcripts to be evaluated by ECE OR WES, if you are applying to Excelsior as well, it must be ECE NOT WES - WES is for their Graduate studies.
2) Decide on the program you want, you may be better served with a BSBA GM/CIS concentration or a BALS CS/Natural Science concentration. Either degree will allow you into an MBA IT at WGU or Patten, or an MIS at Hodges (Info Systems or CyberSecurity)

Beginners Guide (Sister forum): http://www.degreeinfo.com/general-distan...redit.html
Beginners Guide, Spreadsheet/Wiki Links - http://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/showthre...?tid=24842
My Grad School Thoughts - Masters/PHD - http://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/showthre...?tid=27492
If you are looking for cheap/easy/fast - competency based degrees are the best option for graduate studies

Thank you for your private message, there are several recommendations for you since you want to get into IT. You can go for a BALS with a CompSci/Natural Science concentration, or a BSBA with a GM/CIS concentration. These are the two most recommended degree plans at the Big 3, you can go for a specific BA/BS if you want. However, most degree programs will require at least one, two or more courses taken at the Big 3.

Your first step is to send in your overseas transcripts to the schools of choice to get an evaluation. Once done, work on the general education courses, lastly, work on the AOS (Area of Study-Concentration courses), your final course you should take would be the capstone - I recommend doing this at the same time as your final few AOS courses. If you plan your courses perfectly and have great time management, you can get a BALS/BSBA in 4 months.

Please take your time to read through the Beginners Guide, the plan templates/spreadsheets at the end of the guide, and review details/info on the Wiki. If you have questions, create one thread and use it as your "progress/tracking/questions" thread and someone will try to assist you by answering your questions - you can always continue to Private Message me.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thanks Bjchung77. I got your 2018 degree plans. Excellent plans.
My concerns are, as I've been a software developer for many years, so it should be very easy for me to pass the AOS, but it's much more difficult for me to pass those general education courses. Would TESU changes GE or elective courses often? I'm not sure how long it'll take for me to finish those courses.
There are three things I wanted to add: Please see the following for details...
BTW, when you signup for the ACE account, you don't need to enter in a SSN, it's an optional field!
Work on the FREE credits first on the wiki, then work on Straighterline/Study.com courses - see the degree plans.

1) Transfer/Evaluate your credentials from Canada, it's cheaper/easier/faster to do this if you want to get credit.
For example, you have 1 year worth of credits, that's 30 credits from Canada transferred into your degree for $205USD.
If you have like 1 course, then that is correct, it's a waste of money and starting from scratch would be easier.

2) Skip the BA CS, with your experience/skills, it'll be cheaper/easier/faster for the BALS or BSBA.
You can move onto a Masters at Patten, WGU or go for Hodges MIS (Info Systems OR Cybersecurity).
Furthermore, this will allow you to skip CLEP/DSST testing at a testing center - can be done all online!
Ultimately, it's up to you which degree you need and Masters, but these are the recommendations.

3) For BSBA, I would stick to using Straighterline/Study.com as the combo for your course provider over Saylor/Shmoop.
They are cheap/easy/fast, you can pass the course before you get to the final exam - peace of mind for a little more $.
If you're going for a BALS, then Saylor/Shmoop would be the choices as they are the cheapest option.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-05-2017, 02:50 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: There are three things I wanted to add:  Please see the following for details...
BTW, when you signup for the ACE account, you don't need to enter in a SSN, it's an optional field!
Work on the FREE credits first on the wiki, then work on Straighterline/Study.com courses - see the degree plans.

1) Transfer/Evaluate your credentials from Canada, it's cheaper/easier/faster to do this if you want to get credit.
For example, you have 1 year worth of credits, that's 30 credits from Canada transferred into your degree for $205USD.
If you have like 1 course, then that is correct, it's a waste of money and starting from scratch would be easier.

2) Skip the BA CS, with your experience/skills, it'll be cheaper/easier/faster for the BALS or BSBA.  
You can move onto a Masters at Patten, WGU or go for Hodges MIS (Info Systems OR Cybersecurity).
Furthermore, this will allow you to skip CLEP/DSST testing at a testing center - can be done all online!
Ultimately, it's up to you which degree you need and Masters, but these are the recommendations.

3) For BSBA, I would stick to using Straighterline/Study.com as the combo for your course provider over Saylor/Shmoop. 
They are cheap/easy/fast, you can pass the course before you get to the final exam - peace of mind for a little more $.
If you're going for a BALS, then Saylor/Shmoop would be the choices as they are the cheapest option.

Great information BjChung77.
I was going to follow your BA CS plan. After reading your post, maybe I should check BALS/BSBA. If I could move onto Master after BALS, that's all what I want.
Check into Georgia Tech for the master's. It's hands down the cheapest route to a CS master's.

https://www.omscs.gatech.edu

Best places for info is the Reddit and Google+ groups.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OMSCS/
https://plus.google.com/communities/1089...7547634726

A CS bachelor's would definitely be more useful on an application than the other bachelor's degrees.

(11-05-2017, 03:20 PM)davewill Wrote: Check into Georgia Tech for the master's. It's hands down the cheapest route to a CS master's.

https://www.omscs.gatech.edu

Best places for info is the Reddit and Google+ groups.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OMSCS/
https://plus.google.com/communities/1089...7547634726

A CS bachelor's would definitely be more useful on an application than the other bachelor's degrees.

Thanks davemill.
You are absolutely right. For me, I want to get a Master cheaper and faster and of course more valuable. That should be my future plan after I get BS from TESU.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,154 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,275 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,619 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,780 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,752 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 4,941 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,938 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,303 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,656 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero