Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone know if TESU will give credit for PMP Cert?
I am looking for someone who has a PMP Cert, and I want to see what TESU offers for that.  Anyone have any info they can give?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(07-19-2019, 10:59 AM)dfrecore Wrote: I am looking for someone who has a PMP Cert, and I want to see what TESU offers for that.  Anyone have any info they can give?

I'm not sure about TESU but with COSC you get 9 credits upper levels:

https://www.charteroak.edu/prior-learnin...ential.php

The 9 credits cover the Project Management concentration portion of the BSBA.
The TESU website does have a PDF link for a 'SAMPLE Portfolio Assessment for MAN-435 Project Management' - I recall this coming up once before and they only offered the credit through the Portfolio Assessment process.  

I do know that WGU will give credit for it - if the degree program has a Project Management component to it.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

I already know about COSC and WGU, I'm trying to see how TESU compares.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(07-19-2019, 10:59 AM)dfrecore Wrote: I am looking for someone who has a PMP Cert, and I want to see what TESU offers for that.  Anyone have any info they can give?

Might I suggest a work around?  It will take a bit of time but I think it could work.  From TESU:

"The University is a founding member of the Consortium for the Assessment of College Equivalency (CACE) along with Charter Oak State College, the Community College of Vermont, Granite State College, and SUNY Empire State College. CACE’s mission is to facilitate degree completion of adult learners by developing new pathways of cooperation among adult-centered colleges and universities regarding reviews of college-equivalent learning from organized, structured learning experiences not sponsored by an accredited college or university, including the promotion of rigorous common standards. Through CACE, the University may be able to accept credit recommendations or awards that result from another CACE institution’s review of a training program or professional credential without the requirement of a transcript from the reviewing institution, provided that the review is current or contemporary to the learning and that the University’s curriculum aligns with the credits recommended in the report. For more information, please contact OAPWL’s Director at apr@tesu.edu."

https://www.tesu.edu/academics/cal/students

As I understand COSC has decided to grant 9 hours of credit for PMP.  You need to make contact with TESU's OAPWL and inquire about having them honor that evaluation as COSC is a member of the CACE as well.

I hold a CFE, or Certified Fraud Examiner credential.  COSC has determined that the CFE credential is worth 12 semester hours as follows:
  • CRJ 215 - Criminology: 3 credits, lower division level

• CSS 436 - System Forensics, Investigation and Response: 3 credits, upper division level

• Financial Fraud Examination: 3 credits, upper division level

• Forensic Accounting & Fraud Auditing: 3 credits, upper division level
    As I am studying for a BSBA in Accounting, the Financial Fraud and Forensic Accounting UL credits are pretty much game changers for me

I would email TESU's OAPWL and explain you hold a PMP credential and you understand their CACE Partner Charter Oak State College has evaluated the credential and determined it is equivalent to 9 hours of credit in the following classes.

They'll respond back that they will need 10 days to review it; then respond that they'll need additional time; then respond that they will honor the recommendation with the following documentation from you; then you wait.

It's worth a shot.  I honestly didn't think TESU would honor it but they are agreeing to do so.  Proof will come when it's on my transcript.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BrianFallon's post:
  • suzycupcake

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,803 11 hours ago
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 238 11 hours ago
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 211 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 253 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 2,494 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 251 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,069 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 359 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 680 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 532 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM