Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone knows what credits could transfer from big 3 to other Universities
several things here:
1. The credits I put in ACE, can I apply to any other USA universities or only those unranked university like TESU or WGU? Can I transfer credits to Stanford, Boston U?
2. If I get a bachelor degree in TESU, how many credits can I transfer to other top 50 universities?
3. ANy other tech degree programs(Social, Phyco, Natural are very difficult for me, but math, computer are easy) that are easiest to pass?

Thanks
ACE credits are only accepted by schools on their list. Unfortunately the list of schools that accept ACE is not reliable. You cannot assume the school takes all ACE courses just because they are on the list. As another forum regular said, you can look at the schools on the Straighterline list, because most of those take ACE.

If you get a Bachelor degree, that depends on what your degrees are in. Most schools would allow you to skip their Gen Eds which would be 60 credits. But then you might get 0 additional credits, or you might get 30 depending on if they are in subjects that apply. Also, if they are ACE, and the school doesn't take ACE, you would get 0 additional, and you might not even get the full 60 waived.

WGU IT degrees are really liked, and they just released a new Comp Sci degree.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • Muldoon
Thanks Ideas.
So I have to finish Gen Eds first anyway.
WGU is a private institution and unranked, not sure if any employer would accept it.
Employers, especially in the IT field, do not care one bit about your school's ranking.

Sure if you go to an Ivy league school or the same local school as your hiring manager did, you might get some browny points.

Other than that, your degree is just checking a box for the recruiting department. As long as it is accredited, they don't care.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
What you are really asking is if you can "wash" ACE and other alternative credits through one of the Big3 to get another university to take them. The answer is no. Schools always look at the original source of credits when considering transfer. Your ACE/CLEP/DSST credits will only transfer if the target school already takes them. Once you get your degree, then things change. Most graduate schools only care that the school issuing the degree is regionally accredited and sometimes they care about GPA or how certain prerequisites are earned. For example they might want lab science courses to not be taken online. Most employers will accept any accreditation, although some can be picky and only accept regional accreditation.

The notion of "ranked" and "unranked" does not mean anything in this regard.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(05-07-2018, 10:47 AM)jsd Wrote: Employers, especially in the IT field, do not care one bit about your school's ranking.

Sure if you go to an Ivy league school or the same local school as your hiring manager did, you might get some browny points.

Other than that, your degree is just checking a box for the recruiting department. As long as it is accredited, they don't care.

Thanks, great to know that.

(05-07-2018, 10:48 AM)davewill Wrote: What you are really asking is if you can "wash" ACE and other alternative credits through one of the Big3 to get another university to take them. The answer is no. Schools always look at the original source of credits when considering transfer. Your ACE/CLEP/DSST credits will only transfer if the target school already takes them. Once you get your degree, then things change.  Most graduate schools only care that the school issuing the degree is regionally accredited and sometimes they care about GPA or how certain prerequisites are earned. For example they might want lab science courses to not be taken online. Most employers will accept any accreditation, although some can be picky and only accept regional accreditation.

The notion of "ranked" and "unranked" does not mean anything in this regard.

Thanks, so it looks like I have some misunderstanding about credits in ACE. My further question is, after I get a degree in TESU, are those credits still exist in ACE? If yes, so could I use those credits in ACE to apply for COSC or WGU's degree?
(05-07-2018, 12:45 PM)maplefu Wrote: Thanks, so it looks like I have some misunderstanding about credits in ACE. My further question is, after I get a degree in TESU, are those credits still exist in ACE? If yes, so could I use those credits in ACE to apply for COSC or WGU's degree?

It depends on whether you want a second bachelor's degree or a master's degree.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-07-2018, 12:45 PM)maplefu Wrote: Thanks, so it looks like I have some misunderstanding about credits in ACE. My further question is, after I get a degree in TESU, are those credits still exist in ACE? If yes, so could I use those credits in ACE to apply for COSC or WGU's degree?

Sure, they'll still be on your ACE transcript. However, if you go to get a second degree of the same type, different rules apply. For instance, TESU requires that you meet the new degree's requirements (which could be ACE credits used previously) AND 24 new credits in the Area of Study (AOS) earned after the first degree was conferred...which would NOT include old credits of any sort even if they weren't "used" previously for a degree. COSC or WGU will have their own rules, but the idea is the same.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • Muldoon

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,857 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU transcript audit says 13 required credits through TESU? Rteurowise 8 2,105 09-05-2018, 01:43 PM
  TESU "Overflow" Credits mysonx3 5 2,262 08-31-2018, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,687 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 1,835 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Credits Giantzebra 5 1,602 07-23-2018, 12:50 AM
  Second Bachelor BALS with concentration with the 24 new credits rule posabsolute 1 1,373 07-22-2018, 11:30 PM
  NUR prefix transfer at TESU Cheeseburrito 10 2,221 07-10-2018, 06:41 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  EC now accepting FEMA credits Exfactor 6 2,794 06-29-2018, 10:32 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  COSC transfer question Paramedic12 8 1,961 06-29-2018, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Tedium