Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone take any art classes?
As a kid I was sure I would be an artist, a scientist, a computer programmer, a US Navy Top Gun pilot (hot blonde chics included), and yes a comic book artist.
I am considering taking some art classes. I am especially interested in comic illustration using pencil and pen.
Does anyone have any experience in this? I know someone who is extremely gifted in it. He is a family friend, so maybe I should reach out to him.
It is purely to chase a childhood dream, and to maybe increase my skills in the creative arts in order to help me to build elegant user interfaces in my day job.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
I have taken several Illustration classes. Some school make you have Drawing classes as a pre-req.
Look into your local CC in your area because many of them have a Fine Art Dept.
I think it always great to expand your mind through ART.
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
I want to take the class on the weekend. I wonder if thats possible. I'll check it out.
Yeah drawing first makes total sense. I was actually pretty good as a kid and took a few classes in high school and elementary school but my skills have not improved since then. I flex my creative muscles at work with software design and web layout, but miss pure art.
ryoder Wrote:I want to take the class on the weekend. I wonder if thats possible. I'll check it out.
Yeah drawing first makes total sense. I was actually pretty good as a kid and took a few classes in high school and elementary school but my skills have not improved since then. I flex my creative muscles at work with software design and web layout, but miss pure art.

Do you know that most people's art skills are stuck at the age of 10. People stop thinking about art or producing anything art related. So they are frozen in time. Drawing, painting, or doing anything art related gets the right brain moving. It makes a person think differently and view the world from a different prospective. Art makes you grow.
The local colleges might have weekend or evening classes available. Check it out. Smile
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Unless you are seeking college credit, you might check with your local art galleries, Parks & Recreation departments, local art associations. Any or all of these folks usually know some artist who is giving classes, sans college credit, of course.
Sounds like fun...good luck!
Well of course I am seeking college credit!!! WTH kind of question is that Smile
I took art appreciation.
Respect Yourself and Respect others.

Passed
DSST Technical Writing
DSST Principle of Statistics
DSST Astronomy
DSST MIS
I know it sounds silly, but I've learned more about art from making and critiquing games than I would've from any course. I haven't taken any art classes in college, though I might consider one if I had time for another elective.
Course clear! You got a card.

Analyzing & Interpreting Literature 72|American Government 71|Introductory Sociology 63|Humanities 70|College Composition 60|U.S. History II 67|Principles of Marketing 73|Principles of Macroeconomics 67|Principles of Microeconomics 66|U.S. History I 74|College Mathematics 68|Information Systems & Computer Applications 68|College Algebra 56|Biology 63|Financial Accounting 65

B.A.S. IT Management, Class of 2015
MBA, Class of 2017
My dad is a very good artist, he actually tutors me sometimes. We painted a mural in my bedroom together, it is was soooo fun!!! He'll help me with my sketches, and such too. I did take art classes in junior high, but now I'll just tinker with sketching occasionally. I'm hoping to minor in graphic design, so who knows I may be taking a few art classes in the near future!
[SIZE=2]CLEPs: A&I Lit - 62, [/SIZE]College Algebra - 54, [SIZE=2]College Comp - 55, [/SIZE]Intro Sociology -59, [SIZE=2]College Math -67, [/SIZE]Intro Psychology -66, Western Civ I-56, Social Sciences and History - 60, Human Growth and Development -60, Introduction to Educational Psychology - 65, Natural Sciences - 54
DSST:Technical Writing -60, Introduction to Computing - 60, Intro to World Religions - 435
[SIZE=2]Courses: Comparative Worldviews -3 credits, Social Justice -3 credits, Leadership Theory and Practice - 3 credits, Leadership Management and Communications - 3 credits
Total Credit - 69

"Apply thine heart unto instruction, and thine ears to the words of knowledge." Proverbs 23:12

"Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life." Proverbs 4:13

"For wisdom is better than
rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it." Proverbs 8:11
[/SIZE]
Graphic Design degree usually has Drawing I & II, and Illustration I & II. They also have Color classes. I have even sat in painting classes with Graphic Design students. I believe the more exposure you have to many different mediums of art the better designer you will become. Because your scope is much broader. The problem with Graphic Design is that it is very generated rather than organically created.

BA Humanities - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free Nikon Photography classes -non credit cwendy111 0 673 04-10-2020, 02:15 AM
Last Post: cwendy111
  Free Guitar Classes: Fender eriehiker 0 611 04-08-2020, 02:45 PM
Last Post: eriehiker
  The Rise of Colleges without Classes or Professors allvia 5 1,208 03-06-2019, 12:52 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
Wink This is why I appreciate online classes. (Pomegranates Lady) Joeman200 11 3,104 10-16-2017, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Thorne
  Free MIT Classes burbuja0512 13 1,956 04-09-2012, 11:04 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Ethics of online classes bkahuna 6 1,421 08-12-2011, 03:23 PM
Last Post: bkahuna
  Finished all 3 National Fire Academy ACE classes today brothert69 4 1,239 07-08-2011, 12:36 PM
Last Post: alleycat
  *facepalm* Excelsior says I need two more classes rickyjo 26 3,922 12-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Last Post: creative
  Science classes with lab! cookderosa 2 911 08-21-2009, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Panther1225