Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone take any art classes?
Upon the recommendation of a graphic artist, I went to the library and borrowed the book Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain by Betty Edwards. So far, it looks really interesting and operates on the premise that anyone's drawing can be drastically improved in a relatively short period of time.

http://www.amazon.com/New-Drawing-Right-...pd_sim_b_1
-Andrew T.
[SIZE="1"]
Finished: 120 credits! [BSBA Thomas Edison State College] See my degree plan here.
[/SIZE]
Now Available for Amazon Kindle: How to Test Out of Your First Year of College (And More)
Levi Wrote:Upon the recommendation of a graphic artist, I went to the library and borrowed the book Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain by Betty Edwards. So far, it looks really interesting and operates on the premise that anyone's drawing can be drastically improved in a relatively short period of time.

Amazon.com: The New Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain (9780874774245): Betty Edwards: Books

We actually used that book in my Drawing I class. You are right about the premise of everyone's drawing can be improved. When I took that class most of the people in the class were not art or design students. They happened to be students that need a Fine Arts credit. But at the end of 16 weeks you could see much improvement in many of the students work. It is a pretty good book. Try the exercise with drawing the subject matter upside down. Fun!!!!
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
I downloaded and did some tutorials for the Softimage Mod Tool. This can be used to build 3d models that can be used in games and multimedia apps, not entire 3d scenes.
Autodesk - Autodesk Softimage - Softimage Mod Tool
Its pretty easy to use and is well documented. I built a sample pack of dynamite with a timer on it based on an online sample that showed me how to do it from start to finish. Its pretty cool and free.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
Thanks! I'll check it out!
[SIZE=2]CLEPs: A&I Lit - 62, [/SIZE]College Algebra - 54, [SIZE=2]College Comp - 55, [/SIZE]Intro Sociology -59, [SIZE=2]College Math -67, [/SIZE]Intro Psychology -66, Western Civ I-56, Social Sciences and History - 60, Human Growth and Development -60, Introduction to Educational Psychology - 65, Natural Sciences - 54
DSST:Technical Writing -60, Introduction to Computing - 60, Intro to World Religions - 435
[SIZE=2]Courses: Comparative Worldviews -3 credits, Social Justice -3 credits, Leadership Theory and Practice - 3 credits, Leadership Management and Communications - 3 credits
Total Credit - 69

"Apply thine heart unto instruction, and thine ears to the words of knowledge." Proverbs 23:12

"Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life." Proverbs 4:13

"For wisdom is better than
rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it." Proverbs 8:11
[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free Nikon Photography classes -non credit cwendy111 0 667 04-10-2020, 02:15 AM
Last Post: cwendy111
  Free Guitar Classes: Fender eriehiker 0 609 04-08-2020, 02:45 PM
Last Post: eriehiker
  The Rise of Colleges without Classes or Professors allvia 5 1,195 03-06-2019, 12:52 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
Wink This is why I appreciate online classes. (Pomegranates Lady) Joeman200 11 3,091 10-16-2017, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Thorne
  Free MIT Classes burbuja0512 13 1,941 04-09-2012, 11:04 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Ethics of online classes bkahuna 6 1,419 08-12-2011, 03:23 PM
Last Post: bkahuna
  Finished all 3 National Fire Academy ACE classes today brothert69 4 1,236 07-08-2011, 12:36 PM
Last Post: alleycat
  *facepalm* Excelsior says I need two more classes rickyjo 26 3,916 12-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Last Post: creative
  Science classes with lab! cookderosa 2 909 08-21-2009, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Panther1225