Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tecep gpa?
Hi folks! I feel like I've seen the answer here in multiple places, but ow I can't find it.

"Do TECEP grades count toward gpa?"

So if I take a TECEP, and get an "A", do I have a 4.0 with TESU?

Thanks for any and all help!!!
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]
They have no effect on your GPA.

Thomas Edison State University: Earning TECEPÂ credit
Quote:TECEPÂ grades are recorded as CR (Credit) or NC (No Credit) and do not affect the grade point average (GPA). Students who register but don't test or withdraw by the last day of the term will receive an NT (Not Taken) grade. An official transcript will not show a numeric score, a letter grade, an NC or NT grade, only exams successfully completed and the number of credits earned.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
If you need a TESU GPA, you have to take at least one hour of graded credit. TESU offers a few one-credit courses for letter grades.
APS-100 Medical Terminology
ENG-298 Jane Austen: Pride and Prejudice
PLA-100 Introduction to Prior Learning Assessment

And although it is a 3-hour class, SOS-110 Living in the Information Age is a perennial favorite for establishing a GPA from TESU.

(If you need exam credit with a grade, Excelsior UExcel exams have letter grades, but they don't transfer to TESU as a grade.)
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
Thank you! Would transfer credits count for a GPA at TESU? Or a GPA period? (thinking in the future, what if an organisation, like Grad School, cared. I know with the transcripts from the original college, they'd just tabulate their own GPA, but what if someone wanted to see somthing on TESU letterhead. Do transfer credit show up on TESU transcripts? Sorry for the Newb questions, lol!)
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]
TESU will show an "in-house" GPA on your unofficial transcripts, but will not show one on your official transcript unless you take classes from them. Since you have community college credits, you already have an established GPA and can use that when asked, but it will not be listed on your TESU transcript.

A one-hour class with a 4.00 GPA is mostly useful for jobs that ask your GPA, so you can tick a box instead of saying you didn't earn a GPA.

You should probably check potential grad schools to see what their requirements are and backtrack from there.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  booking tecep exams shendaddy 4 1,753 08-16-2018, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  TECEP - do I have to wait until the start of a Term to take the exam? Kelly Green 4 1,995 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
  TESU - apply as non-matriculating student, or TECEP only? Kelly Green 0 1,175 08-13-2018, 05:11 PM
  TECEP - Learning in the Digital Age - where does it fit? dfrecore 5 1,808 08-10-2018, 01:02 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Environmental Ethics ETH-210-TE Tecep jawbreakingrr 57 17,541 07-25-2018, 12:31 PM
Last Post: ashtonnewman
  Suggested TECEP's? High Pass Rate? omuneek 2 1,717 06-26-2018, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Failed Advertising TECEP nerd 12 3,200 06-18-2018, 04:01 PM
Last Post: nerd
  Error after submitting TECEP test nerd 4 1,872 06-16-2018, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Cheeseburrito
  TECEP to meet residency requirement Dowew 2 1,524 06-12-2018, 01:14 AM
Last Post: Dowew
  Cheapest TECEP sarahrahul 4 1,648 06-01-2018, 10:59 AM
Last Post: davewill