Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone with experience with SNHU and Shmoop?
Smile 
Hi All,

Taking advantage of my insomnia to ask a noob question. Does anyone have experience with SNHU? My son is interested in one of their online programs. Although they state that they consider all ACE and NCCRS, was just wondering if anyone has successfully transferred Shmoop credits there. He's plowing through Shmoops and it is definitely more affordable for me than SDC. I will call them this week but just wanted to ask the community before I do. and get a "shmoo-who??" from their transfer office. If I can mention that they've accepted it in the past it would help out.

Thanks so much!
Usually, when you call a school to ask that kind of question, you're not asking whether they will accept a particular course provider, but rather if they accept ACE and/or NCCRS credits. Most people of that school won't even know what ACE/NCCRS is, let alone who the individual course providers are. So I seriously doubt you'll be able to find out about Shmoop in particular.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Yenisei
I concur it's very hard to find out anything unless you are a student and the coursework has been evaluated.

Sometimes you have to make the gamble, look for an application waiver, spend the $15 for the ACE, wait the 3/4 weeks, and hope the best.

Not sure SNHU is stingy, but some schools will not even do the evaluation until you have signed up for classes (which makes no sense, how can you sign up classes if you don't have an evaluation).

Anyway why SNHU?
My question too why SNHU? Are you local to the school?
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
Hi All!

Thanks so much for the quick replies. My son is interested in one of the design programs there. Smile I appreciate the help!

M
I made the mistake of assuming if the school accepted ACE courses, they'd accept Shmoop. WGU doesn't accept their credits because the finals are not proctored.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
(05-21-2018, 05:06 PM)rowan555 Wrote: I made the mistake of assuming if the school accepted ACE courses, they'd accept Shmoop. WGU doesn't accept their credits because the finals are not proctored.

They used to accept ALEKS, and their exams weren't proctored.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Yep - which makes no sense. They accepted my son's ALEKS credits without question (thank goodness) but wouldn't accept Shmoop. I didn't want him to point out the inconsistency and have them end up not accepting his 6 math credits either.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
(05-20-2018, 02:28 AM)Mamalady Wrote: Hi All,

Taking advantage of my insomnia to ask a noob question. Does anyone have experience with SNHU? My son is interested in one of their online programs. Although they state that they consider all ACE and NCCRS, was just wondering if anyone has successfully transferred Shmoop credits there. He's plowing through Shmoops and it is definitely more affordable for me than SDC. I will call them this week but just wanted to ask the community before I do. and get a "shmoo-who??" from their transfer office. If I can mention that they've accepted it in the past it would help out.

Thanks so much!

I am attending SNHU, and I was submitted some of the courses from Shmoop to the registar office and all got approved.
A couple years ago I submitted transcripts and got an evaluation without actually applying. The one thing that I do remember is that you have to do a minimum of 30 hours with them and it's expensive! Try to get everything approved before you start classes because they really high pressure you to take the classes with them on their schedule. A huge disadvantage I saw too was that they don't let you take more than two classes per term. To finish the 14 classes I needed was going to take about a year-and-a-half. If it's a degree he really, really wants that great.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coopersmith Linear Algebra Experience Live Zachcleigh 11 3,378 03-08-2024, 09:46 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 599 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  Sophia English Composition II Experience lifted567 14 1,869 01-04-2024, 05:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Davar Academy experience - MAN-330 International Management TopHatWombat 6 1,388 12-30-2023, 01:22 AM
Last Post: mariobros1985
  Experience with Alison? SCYankee 10 1,459 06-27-2023, 05:29 PM
  Can anyone share their experience with Edx Critical Business Skills course by SNHU? lorabel 7 1,513 03-17-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
Information Free 6 Month Subscription to Coursera Google, Facebook, & IBM, It Certs Experience LevelUP 22 4,620 11-22-2022, 08:25 PM
Last Post: scottlefoll
  SNHU Communication BA Equivalents javabeanstudio 8 1,127 06-04-2022, 06:37 PM
  Sophia.org Experience HBCIRCA14 7 1,387 02-03-2021, 06:28 PM
Last Post: HBCIRCA14
  Acclaim just added all my Shmoop courses jsh1138 6 1,479 01-19-2021, 12:52 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso