Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Applied & Accepted at TESU - Now what?
Exclamation 
So I was officially accepted at TESU (side note - I'm 19, all they required was 24 credits, which I had via CLEP, a special form, and for me to pass the Accuplacer). Trying to figure out exactly where to go from here and what the timeline of events looks like. I'm not in much of a rush because I still have a lot of coursework left, but want to know what I'm doing.

My CLEP and ACE transcripts show as received today and yesterday, respectively, which only leaves my OnlineDegree.com transcript en route.

How long will it take for my CLEP and ACE transcripts to be placed on my academic evaluation? Will they not be evaluated until TESU receives my OD transcript, or will they piecemeal it?

I intend to have a dual-AoS, but this wasn't an option during the registration process. How do I notify TESU that I intend to complete a second AoS?

Any reason to delay taking the cornerstone, or should I sign up for it immediately (I'll definitely have it done before the deadline either way, just wondering the pros and cons)?
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 3 users Like mysonx3's post:
  • hsfamfun, Kelly Green, Murdockb
No reason to delay, no reason to rush. Sign up for the cornerstone sometime in the next few months so that you're enrolled well before next July when the current 1 credit cornerstone will supposedly not be available in every term (whatever that means). TESU is saying that if the 1cr course isn't available you have to take a 3 cr course instead.

Until you're enrolled, you are limited to two evals so if you intended to send in transcripts on an incremental basis that would be another good reason to enroll sooner rather than later. You have a hard deadline of one year before your "accepted" status expires and you would have to reapply and move to the new catalog, so certainly do it before then.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
They seem to do the eval at exactly the last date they said they will, meaning if they say your eval will be done in 30 days, then it will be done on the 30th day and not any sooner. They will do each transcript separately, and you may get an email saying that your eval is done after the 1st transcript is done, but I always give it a couple/few days to make sure all of them are done.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Or once it's completed, it may not even be done properly and you have to call in to get it sorted out...

I just sent a new transcript from straighterline, I am predicting another month for it to be reflected.
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
Another quick question here:

Since I intend to do a second AoS, but that wasn't an option during registration, how do I notify TESU to declare my second area of study?
Completed:

Up Next:

(10-09-2018, 12:49 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: Another quick question here:

Since I intend to do a second AoS, but that wasn't an option during registration, how do I notify TESU to declare my second area of study?

You email advising and ask them to add the second AOS. Sometime before Xmas, it should pop up in your academic eval.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(10-03-2018, 11:29 AM)mysonx3 Wrote: So I was officially accepted at TESU (side note - I'm 19, all they required was 24 credits, which I had via CLEP, a special form, and for me to pass the Accuplacer).

Whoa - the accuplacer?? That's new and worth hearing more about. Did you have it and just send it in anyway, or did they tell you to take it?
(10-09-2018, 03:02 PM)cookderosa Wrote:
(10-03-2018, 11:29 AM)mysonx3 Wrote: So I was officially accepted at TESU (side note - I'm 19, all they required was 24 credits, which I had via CLEP, a special form, and for me to pass the Accuplacer).

Whoa - the accuplacer??  That's new and worth hearing more about.  Did you have it and just send it in anyway, or did they tell you to take it?

That is stated as a requirement on the website for folks under 21 coming into TESU now.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 2 users Like Merlin's post:
  • cookderosa, hsfamfun
They told me to take it. I had actually taken it about a month ago for placement at the B&M CC where I'm taking some classes, but not with all the TESU required sections (the CC doesn't require the reading subject)

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Completed:

Up Next:

[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonx3's post:
  • cookderosa
(10-09-2018, 03:10 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(10-09-2018, 03:02 PM)cookderosa Wrote:

Whoa - the accuplacer??  That's new and worth hearing more about.  Did you have it and just send it in anyway, or did they tell you to take it?

That is stated as a requirement on the website for folks under 21 coming into TESU now.

Actually, not everyone under 21 has to take it. According to their website, "Applicants who have earned less than 24 credits or have earned their credits from an approved University course provider who is not regionally accredited must take the Accuplacer..." In order to apply for the age waiver, you have to have 24 credits so that can't be the reason for requiring it for under 21. So, I'm reading this to mean that if your credits are not from an RA university you have to take the Accuplacer.

https://www.tesu.edu/admissions/undergrad-admissions

(10-09-2018, 10:14 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: They told me to take it. I had actually taken it about a month ago for placement at the B&M CC where I'm taking some classes, but not with all the TESU required sections (the CC doesn't require the reading subject)

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Did you take it again at the B&M CC? Or was it online through TESU?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 11 560 1 hour ago
Last Post: jch
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 6 123 2 hours ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,566 Yesterday, 02:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 613 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 534 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 273 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,326 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 251 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 402 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  Free TECEPs Offer for Accepted-but-not-Enrolled PLEX 3 295 03-20-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: PLEX