Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thomas Edison BSBA International Business Help
Alright, so I am trying to get a BSBA in International Business and have hammered out many of the courses, but a few vex me.

Of the 60 hours of the basics I've got:
Intellectual and Practical Skills: 

Written communications -  ENG Comp 1 & 2 (6) - Community College
Quantitative Literacy - College Algebra (3) - Study.com
Diversity - Intro to Sociology (3) - Community College
Civic engagement - American Gov (3) - Shmoop

Civic and Global Learning:

World Geo (3) - Study.com 
Intro to world religions (3) - Study.com

Understanding the Physical and Natural World:

Biology (3) - AP
Anatomy and Physiology (3) - Study.com

Mathematics:

Intro to Statistics (3) - AP

Those are the basics that I've completed, but I'm mainly asking for help for my missing Information Literacy, and Ethics courses. I've taken Business Ethics, but I don't know if that can count towards Ethics or not. According to TESU's website (https://www.tesu.edu/academics/courses/2019-and-after) Information Literacy must be filled by SOS-110: Critical Information Literacy. Is there a Study.com equivalent to this, or is this inaccurate. I would appreciate whatever help I can receive.
See you out there, Space Cowboy...
Unless you're grandfathered into a previous catalog year AND have already taken TES-100, then you must take SOS-110 for Information Literacy.

As for Ethics, I can't speak to the specific class you took without knowing what it is, but it will most likely come in as Ethics without issue.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(06-24-2019, 11:40 AM)mysonx3 Wrote: Unless you're grandfathered into a previous catalog year AND have already taken TES-100, then you must take SOS-110 for Information Literacy.

As for Ethics, I can't speak to the specific class you took without knowing what it is, but it will most likely come in as Ethics without issue.

Is there a Study.com equivalent or is it something I have to take with TESU?
(06-24-2019, 11:57 AM)DarthArbiter00 Wrote:
(06-24-2019, 11:40 AM)mysonx3 Wrote: Unless you're grandfathered into a previous catalog year AND have already taken TES-100, then you must take SOS-110 for Information Literacy.

You must take it with TESU.   Also, TESU does not take Shmoop credits (they did at one time - but no more).

Are you an active/enrolled student with TESU who already have transferred these credits into TESU? If so what catalog year are you active under?
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(06-24-2019, 12:11 PM)allvia Wrote:
(06-24-2019, 11:57 AM)DarthArbiter00 Wrote:
(06-24-2019, 11:40 AM)mysonx3 Wrote: Unless you're grandfathered into a previous catalog year AND have already taken TES-100, then you must take SOS-110 for Information Literacy.\

You must take it with TESU.   Also, TESU does not take Shmoop credits (they did at one time - but no more).

Are you an active/enrolled student with TESU who already have transferred these credits into TESU?  If so what catalog year are you active under?

I am not an active/enrolled student. I thought that TESU would take all ACE transcripts. I have transferred all of my Study.com and Shmoop credits to ACE transcripts thinking that they would accept everything through that. 
Shmoop is the only exception we know of where TESU won't accept ACE credit (there are also a few that are considered vocational credit so don't count towards the degree). It was a big deal on here a while ago, apparently someone was taking way too many too fast so TESU stopped accepting Shmoop until further notice.
Completed:

Up Next:

(06-24-2019, 12:38 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: Shmoop is the only exception we know of where TESU won't accept ACE credit (there are also a few that are considered vocational credit so don't count towards the degree). It was a big deal on here a while ago, apparently someone was taking way too many too fast so TESU stopped accepting Shmoop until further notice.

I guess it's not a huge deal since I only did 2 classes with Shmoop because I hated it so much. Seriously, I love that they are cheap, but you get what you pay for, and I wasn't going to pay any more for that absolute trash.
(06-24-2019, 12:42 PM)DarthArbiter00 Wrote:
(06-24-2019, 12:38 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: Shmoop is the only exception we know of where TESU won't accept ACE credit (there are also a few that are considered vocational credit so don't count towards the degree). It was a big deal on here a while ago, apparently someone was taking way too many too fast so TESU stopped accepting Shmoop until further notice.

I guess it's not a huge deal since I only did 2 classes with Shmoop because I hated it so much. Seriously, I love that they are cheap, but you get what you pay for, and I wasn't going to pay any more for that absolute trash.

I see American Government was one of the classes you did via Shmoop. If you feel like you have a good grasp on the material, you could probably knock out the CLEP with very little effort and for free.
Completed:

Up Next:

(06-24-2019, 01:04 PM)mysonx3 Wrote:

I see American Government was one of the classes you did via Shmoop. If you feel like you have a good grasp on the material, you could probably knock out the CLEP with very little effort and for free.

My other Shmoop course was Intro to Marketing
(06-24-2019, 01:06 PM)DarthArbiter00 Wrote:
(06-24-2019, 01:04 PM)mysonx3 Wrote:

My other Shmoop course was Intro to Marketing

That too is a CLEP option - CLEP exams are free through Modern States (https://modernstates.org)
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 44 4,755 02-06-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  Where can I find course “BUS 210 Quantitative Skills for Business” outside TESU to lucillegyl 5 476 01-03-2024, 01:31 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  TESU BSBA - General Management Cire 5 771 12-01-2023, 01:16 PM
Last Post: etirflita
  French international student questions about TESU BACS azuki 19 1,783 11-03-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  International students would like to ask some questions. Ron9 4 744 11-02-2023, 11:25 AM
  BSBA/BS-CIS? Jwheels27 14 1,299 10-23-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Is CIS still a BSBA or it´s now a different degree? MrPanda 28 2,362 10-21-2023, 03:48 PM
  BSBA Accounting 2nd Degree at TESU. mog538 10 1,144 10-06-2023, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Managerial Accounting for TESU BSBA Entrepreneurship schlocker 3 500 09-21-2023, 03:35 AM
Last Post: rachel83az