Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Applied Science Courses-- where are they?
Applied Science and Technology is such a broad area-- I'm looking to see what options are out there to satisfy the BS Tech Studies - "Topics include any discipline in Applied Science and Technology" at TESU.

Looking for both UL and LL options. Is there a complete list available-- to pick and chose since they can be in any discipline- within AST of course. I have researched and see CS is one of the choices. AST is so broad-- I would think there'd be MORE choices?!

Hubby has already satisfied the Group I with 21sh in LL Automotive. He has more Automotive that they've pushed to the side and since my understanding is that the Group II area is to be 'Other AST disciplines'-- which he needs 16sh (12 being UL). 

Not sure if this matters-- but he has also nearly finished with his BSBA-Mgmt. I know some courses can cross over, etc?! **as if I wasn't already seeing cross-eyed** 

Am looking forward to some input. TIA!
“Crazy people don't know they're crazy. I know I'm crazy, therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy?” 

― Captain Jack Sparrow
My Next Goal: Pondering Masters Program ??
Completed:  145+ Credits. Joined this forum October 2017 w/ 6 B&M Credits. Earned 117cr in 10 mo.! Graduated Sept 2019 TESU BSBA GM & ASNSM-CS
*SL 54 Cr *Shmoop 30 Cr +/- *Aleks 6 *Study.com 30+*TEEX 11 *CPCU 2 *B&M 6 
In Process:  Pondering  Big Grin
I believe IT would work as well.

I found the OD robotics course to be easy and fun and I would think it would work.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
I've been wondering the same thing. I'm thinking of going the TESU route for a BSBA. I was in the Navy and according to the evaluation they did (two of them) I can get an associate's in Applied Electronics for five more units apart from the BSBA. That includes the capstone and the two more units that I need in Applied Electronics which I'm not sure where to get. 
I'm thinking about taking a course in Electronics at the Community College that I go to and see if that is acceptable.
(02-01-2019, 08:14 PM)Rustydroid Wrote: I've been wondering the same thing. I'm thinking of going the TESU route for a BSBA. I was in the Navy and according to the evaluation they did (two of them) I can get an associate's in Applied Electronics for five more units apart from the BSBA. That includes the capstone and the two more units that I need in Applied Electronics which I'm not sure where to get. 
I'm thinking about taking a course in Electronics at the Community College that I go to and see if that is acceptable.
There's a few electrical/electronics options with NOCTI:

http://www.nationalccrs.org/organization...i-business

I have no experience with them, though.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
https://www.ntc.edu/academics-training/programs/online

If you are a union member, these are free:

https://www.unionplusfreecollege.org/faqs/
When I had access to online student services, the evaluation for the technical studies program listed the subjects that would be suitable. I remember computer studies and health science working. I believe anything that falls under the majors of the School of Applied Science and Technology will work. Here's a list.

Air Traffic Control
Aviation Flight Technology
Aviation Maintenance Technology
Aviation Management
Biomedical Electronics
Clinical Laboratory Science
Construction
Dental Hygiene
Electrical Technology
Electronics Systems Engineering Technology
Energy Systems Technology
Health Services Technology
Information Technology
Medical Imaging
Military Technology Leadership
Nuclear Energy Engineering Technology
Nuclear Engineering Technology
Nuclear Medicine Technology
Radiation Protection
Radiation Protection/Health Physics
Radiation Therapy
Respiratory Care

Similar to the liberal studies program, the technical studies program is an interdisciplinary degree that allows you to use a mixture of various applied science and technology courses. Applied science and technology is largely defined by the applied science and technology programs TESU offers.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • dfrecore
(02-01-2019, 08:11 PM)MNomadic Wrote: I believe IT would work as well.

I found the OD robotics course to be easy and fun and I would think it would work.

IT is on the list alongside CS.  Do you know of anymore subjects/providers for AS/T type courses?

And if hubby needs another LL course, I'm sure he'll be intrigued with Robotics. Thanks for that!

(02-01-2019, 09:05 PM)sanantone Wrote: When I had access to online student services, the evaluation for the technical studies program listed the subjects that would be suitable. I remember computer studies and health science working. I believe anything that falls under the majors of the School of Applied Science and Technology will work. Here's a list.

Air Traffic Control
Aviation Flight Technology
Aviation Maintenance Technology
Aviation Management
Biomedical Electronics
Clinical Laboratory Science
Construction
Dental Hygiene
Electrical Technology
Electronics Systems Engineering Technology
Energy Systems Technology
Health Services Technology
Information Technology
Medical Imaging
Military Technology Leadership
Nuclear Energy Engineering Technology
Nuclear Engineering Technology
Nuclear Medicine Technology
Radiation Protection
Radiation Protection/Health Physics
Radiation Therapy
Respiratory Care

Similar to the liberal studies program, the technical studies program is an interdisciplinary degree that allows you to use a mixture of various applied science and technology courses. Applied science and technology is largely defined by the applied science and technology programs TESU offers.

Sanantone- I've looked thru our portal at TESU and couldn't find the specifics laid out. I'm familiar with the general term - AST and some of the various subjects. We were hoping to find out what our fellow forum members have sourced and which avenue they went down to fulfill their requirements. AST covers such a BROAD area-- I'm wondering what the alternative course providers have for us? If any besides CS/IT-- addressing UL more specifically. Fingers crossed!
“Crazy people don't know they're crazy. I know I'm crazy, therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy?” 

― Captain Jack Sparrow
My Next Goal: Pondering Masters Program ??
Completed:  145+ Credits. Joined this forum October 2017 w/ 6 B&M Credits. Earned 117cr in 10 mo.! Graduated Sept 2019 TESU BSBA GM & ASNSM-CS
*SL 54 Cr *Shmoop 30 Cr +/- *Aleks 6 *Study.com 30+*TEEX 11 *CPCU 2 *B&M 6 
In Process:  Pondering  Big Grin
If he's already enrolled or has already applied, then he can send a ticket. They're likely going to give him a list of subjects that's similar to what I posted above. Listing every single AST course that will work would be like listing every single liberal arts course that will work for the liberal studies program. When people complete the liberal studies program, they know that just about any social science, natural science, mathematics, or humanities course will fit into the area of study.

Most of the AST programs are designed for people who are already licensed or certified in an applied science field. So, IT and CS are the easiest ways to earn technical studies credits if you're unlicensed and don't have military training in a technical field. UL biology courses might work if they're considered related to health science.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
At TESU, most of the AST degrees are specifically created for people who have all the credits needed from military (usually) or certifications (like pilots license). There is nowhere that I know that you can easily get those courses. So CS/IT is your only option for completing a degree.

This is why I'm always telling people to look forwards rather than backwards. Looking at what a school brings in your past credits as, and then trying to complete a degree is looking backwards. Instead, see what it takes to complete a degree, or do another degree altogether. Forward-looking. A degree that brings in 90cr but costs $10k to complete is not better than a degree that only brings in 40cr but will cost $5k to complete.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • sheptr

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 226 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC) Courses LevelUP 6 362 03-18-2024, 09:40 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  ASNSM in Computer Science and TEEX Cybersecurity? Shorn27 2 359 03-18-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 1 205 03-03-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Taking Math Courses at TESU legenwait4itdary 5 511 02-02-2024, 12:32 PM
  BA Computer Science Final upper class to take Armstrong 17 971 01-11-2024, 01:04 AM
  Troubles with Sophia Transfer (Science & History) poisonedapple 5 603 12-27-2023, 11:34 AM
Last Post: poisonedapple
  Bachelor degree in Computer science fiyajou3 8 876 11-08-2023, 09:43 PM
  TESU ASNSM in Mathematics Add-On for BA in Computer Science bradonomics 31 2,057 10-24-2023, 03:33 PM
Last Post: origamishuttle