Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Applied to Strayer University - FREE Winter term!
Yeah, so, I missed the cut off date of November 2 for Walden.  So, I asked the admissions team at Walden to place my application on hold until I get back to them...  I just applied to Strayer University for their free winter term.  They sent me a questionnaire to fill out (man, same as what Purdue Global did for the free course).   I am waiting for them to get back to me but the term starts January 4th.   While I'm waiting, I'm just taking more Study.com courses for the extra learning...  I will update this thread with whatever updates I have from Strayer in regards to their free winter term... Yes, I asked about the Strayer Challenge Exams, let's see what they say!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-09-2020, 04:59 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yeah, so, I missed the cut off date of November 2 for Walden.  So, I asked the admissions team at Walden to place my application on hold until I get back to them...  I just applied to Strayer University for their free winter term.  They sent me a questionnaire to fill out (man, same as what Purdue Global did for the free course).   I am waiting for them to get back to me but the term starts January 4th.   While I'm waiting, I'm just taking more Study.com courses for the extra learning...  I will update this thread with whatever updates I have from Strayer in regards to their free winter term... Yes, I asked about the Strayer Challenge Exams, let's see what they say!
How is it free?
Didn't you have Sophia before this year? I thought you didn't qualify for the free term if you had an older Sophia account.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • ss20ts
(11-09-2020, 05:39 PM)Seagull Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 04:59 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yeah, so, I missed the cut off date of November 2 for Walden.  So, I asked the admissions team at Walden to place my application on hold until I get back to them...  I just applied to Strayer University for their free winter term.  They sent me a questionnaire to fill out (man, same as what Purdue Global did for the free course).   I am waiting for them to get back to me but the term starts January 4th.   While I'm waiting, I'm just taking more Study.com courses for the extra learning...  I will update this thread with whatever updates I have from Strayer in regards to their free winter term... Yes, I asked about the Strayer Challenge Exams, let's see what they say!
How is it free?

Strayer is offering a free Winter Term to people who joined Sophia during specific dates. There are all kinds of limits to the program. Lots of fine print. They sent an email to those who were qualified.

Did you think they would give something away without requiring a thousand questions? Gotta collect their data somehow!
How many courses is considered a full course load on their quarter system?
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(11-09-2020, 06:21 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 05:39 PM)Seagull Wrote:
How is it free?

Strayer is offering a free Winter Term to people who joined Sophia during specific dates. There are all kinds of limits to the program. Lots of fine print. They sent an email to those who were qualified.

Did you think they would give something away without requiring a thousand questions? Gotta collect their data somehow!
Is there a link that explains the requirements?
Wonderful! I am about to apply, myself. I am hopeful the credits will transfer to a regionally accredited university in my area where I hope to finish my degree. I especially would like to see how the challenge exams go in that process. Looking forward to comparing notes here!
(11-09-2020, 08:59 PM)Seagull Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 06:21 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Did you think they would give something away without requiring a thousand questions? Gotta collect their data somehow!

I have this one: https://start.strayer.edu/strayer-sophia...gCode=M429
In progress:  TESU BACS [110/122]
  Completed: ASU Certificate in Applied Business Data Analytics
    Credits: ASU [72] | ALEKS [6] | CSMLearn [3] | InstantCert [3] | Sophia [57] | The Institutes [3] | SDC [30]
(11-10-2020, 02:41 AM)doom Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 06:21 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Did you think they would give something away without requiring a thousand questions? Gotta collect their data somehow!

Thanks for the link.

How many courses one can take in this one term?

I wonder if one can take a bunch of upper division ones and transfer them.

And if it is a stand alone program, 
One doesnt have to continue with enrollment with strayer.
(11-10-2020, 06:06 AM)Seagull Wrote:
(11-10-2020, 02:41 AM)doom Wrote:

Thanks for the link.

How many courses one can take in this one term?

I wonder if one can take a bunch of upper division ones and transfer them.

And if it is a stand alone program, 
One doesnt have to continue with enrollment with strayer.

Unfortunately that's all I have. I'm pretty sure @bjcheung77 will provide further info as soon as he gets it.
In progress:  TESU BACS [110/122]
  Completed: ASU Certificate in Applied Business Data Analytics
    Credits: ASU [72] | ALEKS [6] | CSMLearn [3] | InstantCert [3] | Sophia [57] | The Institutes [3] | SDC [30]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American Public University? nomaduser 36 3,170 1 hour ago
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,473 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 311 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,712 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,744 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
Lightbulb ASU to Launch a Free Global Initiative and enroll 100 million students MNomadic 203 29,859 03-11-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 730 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of Idaho acquiring University of Phoenix bjcheung77 10 1,302 03-04-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,716 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 394 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader