Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Applied to Strayer University - FREE Winter term!
In this other thread, https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid321229 , it says that Strayer will let you take 4 classes per term. If you can also take challenge exams, that ups the number of credits you can get at Strayer during the free term.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • doom
Hi, BjCheung

Have you gotten anywhere yet? I have been trying to finish the enrollment information, but I keep getting a message that it is "temporarily unavailable" (for the past three days). At the same, time, I am getting emails asking me to complete the enrollment info, so I don't know where the disconnect is. Have you gotten to upload your ID and whatnot yet?
Hmm, one of the advisors emailed me, we've emailed back and forth a few times and I've gotten a few of their email ads already... Here's a copy/paste of an email I got from the advisor telling me more about the program and a laptop... this free term deal is only good for those who want to finish a second and third term to complete a degree at Strayer, essentially, making the deal roughly half off.

Here are some things that you should know about Strayer University:

-          we are regionally accredited by the middle states commission of higher education.

-          We are a quarterly school, this means that all of our classes will give you 4.5 credit hours and each class is 11 weeks long.

-          are online classes are flexible allowing you to attend 24/7, seven days a week. you will have access to recorded audio lectures, video presentations.

-          the laptop program is only offered for student enrolling into a bachelor’s degree, and you would need to complete 3 quarters out of the first 4 quarters that you are enrolled with Strayer University, if you don’t complete the 3 quarters then you can return the laptop or you can keep it for 350.00 dollars.

-          about our tuition you are looking at 1480.00 dollars per class, books are not included , and there is also a 65.00 dollar technology fee that will apply every quarter.

-          here at Strayer we have a graduation fund: and that is for student enrolled into a bachelor’s degree. How it works is for every 3 classes that you successfully complete and pass Strayer will provide you 1 class at no cost, that will apply for your senor year here with stayer.

Do you have any questions in regard of any of this?

Basically the information they provided me, I already know.  I am going through their application process right now and sending in my transcripts.  I have a few questions and they haven't answered yet...  Their application process is similar to most schools, lengthy and some steps are not necessary in my view.  Anyways,  I then searched their site about the laptop and found this: https://www.strayer.edu/student-experience/laptop-offer
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-13-2020, 12:58 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm, one of the advisors emailed me, we've emailed back and forth a few times and I've gotten a few of their email ads already... Here's a copy/paste of an email I got from the advisor telling me more about the program and a laptop... this free term deal is only good for those who want to finish a second and third term to complete a degree at Strayer, essentially, making the deal roughly half off.

-          we are regionally accredited by the middle states commission of higher education.

-          We are a quarterly school, this means that all of our classes will give you 4.5 credit hours and each class is 11 weeks long.

-          are online classes are flexible allowing you to attend 24/7, seven days a week. you will have access to recorded audio lectures, video presentations.

-          the laptop program is only offered for student enrolling into a bachelor’s degree, and you would need to complete 3 quarters out of the first 4 quarters that you are enrolled with Strayer University, if you don’t complete the 3 quarters then you can return the laptop or you can keep it for 350.00 dollars.

-          about our tuition you are looking at 1480.00 dollars per class, books are not included , and there is also a 65.00 dollar technology fee that will apply every quarter.

-          here at Strayer we have a graduation fund: and that is for student enrolled into a bachelor’s degree. How it works is for every 3 classes that you successfully complete and pass Strayer will provide you 1 class at no cost, that will apply for your senor year here with stayer.

Basically the information they provided me, I already know.  I am going through their application process right now and sending in my transcripts.  I have a few questions and they haven't answered yet...  Their application process is similar to most schools, lengthy and some steps are not necessary in my view.  Anyways,  I then searched their site about the laptop and found this: https://www.strayer.edu/student-experience/laptop-offer
I called them and didn't really like their customer service.
They wanted to know up front how I was planning to pay for the courses.
I didn't think that was a question customer service should ask.

Plus now they email continuously.

They didn't really answer my questions. Dodgy
(11-13-2020, 12:58 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm, one of the advisors emailed me, we've emailed back and forth a few times and I've gotten a few of their email ads already... Here's a copy/paste of an email I got from the advisor telling me more about the program and a laptop... this free term deal is only good for those who want to finish a second and third term to complete a degree at Strayer, essentially, making the deal roughly half off.

When you say "this free term deal is only good for those who want to finish a second and third term" are you actually referring to the free laptop deal, or the whole free Winter term? I didn't see anything about that in the fine print I read, but I know that's how the laptop program works. Hoping that's what you mean

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 221 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,610 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,546 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  American Public University? nomaduser 33 2,934 03-14-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
Lightbulb ASU to Launch a Free Global Initiative and enroll 100 million students MNomadic 203 28,661 03-11-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 596 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of Idaho acquiring University of Phoenix bjcheung77 10 1,240 03-04-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,604 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 348 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 482 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar