Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apply for AA (all credits fulfilled) or wait to complete BS? Costs involved??
How much does it cost to get a general Associate of Arts from TESC, if all of the credits have already been fulfilled and just need to be transferred and reviewed? I tried to look online, but was confused. If it's going to cost a lot, would it make more sense to just wait until ready to apply for BS in Business Administration? Still about 48 credits to go on that one, but trying to get SOME kind of degree on resume asap. If getting AA now, will continue on toward Bachelors after. We are on a very tight budget, and trying to make the most cost-effective choices. Any help or advice is appreciated!!
You will have to pay the graduation fee of $299 once for the AA and again when you complete the BS. There may be other fees, but that is the one I remember from when I asked a similar question.
Andy

---------------------------------

TESC - BSBA: CIS

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics
Remaining:  Waiting for credits to process

MJ75 Wrote:How much does it cost to get a general Associate of Arts from TESC, if all of the credits have already been fulfilled and just need to be transferred and reviewed? I tried to look online, but was confused. If it's going to cost a lot, would it make more sense to just wait until ready to apply for BS in Business Administration? Still about 48 credits to go on that one, but trying to get SOME kind of degree on resume asap. If getting AA now, will continue on toward Bachelors after. We are on a very tight budget, and trying to make the most cost-effective choices. Any help or advice is appreciated!!

It may be worthwhile to post the credits you have, as well as what your goals are (ie: i want to work in the health services field, i like accounting, etc). If you have date constraints (ie: I must have a degree by 7/1/2015 in any topic) let us know that too. Obtaining two degrees will, at the very least, cause you to pay the graduation fee twice (most of the time, i think it costs $299). If using the per credit plan at TESC, you will need to have 12 credits for residency. The cheapest way to get this is to take 4 TECEPS ($444 total, $111 each). These will count towards the 8 total TECEPS you need for a bachelors, so it's by no means wasted.

Do you qualify for financial aid? If so others have clever ways of financing degrees, so it's helpful to know that.
Currently studying for: Still deciding.

Done!
2020 - Harvard Extension School - ALM IT Management 
2019 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Data Science
2018 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Cyber Security
2016 - WGU - MBA Mgmt & Strategy
2015 - Thomas Edison State College - BSBA Marketing & CIS
You also need to have 12 hours through TESC if you want your AA there ( if you are going through the Per credit plan) 24 for bachelors. Unless you are going to use their comprehensive plan/enrolled plan to work towards your bachelors I wouldn't bother with the AA. That is just my opinion.
Cheapest way
4X TECEP exams at 105$ each = 420$
+ Grad fees (299?)

but a look at cost without the residency for enrolled plan
New Jersey residents* $1,691
Out-of-state residents $3,154
+ what is mentioned above. the grad frees

or Comprehensive plan
New Jersey residents* $5,871
Out-of-state residents $8,647
CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology- COMPLETE
TESC AS - General Managment-COMPLETE
TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems-COMPLETE
WGU MBA IT -COMPLETE
Great information... and fast. Thank you!!!

This is how I was figuring the Associate of Arts credit distribution. But I think what you're saying is because there aren't any TESC there would be out-of-state enrollment fees, and the cost would be more like $4K just for the AA, right? I have to go p/u my teen, but when I get back I'll post by distribution w/additional credits already earned toward the BS. I don't want to pay $4K for the AA, and then another large fee in 18 mo when I've completed the rest. Especially if I can get the in-state rates.

I. GENERAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS

A. Intellectual and Practical Skills-15:

HighlineCC WRIT101 Principles of Writing, 5
Devry ENGL135 Advanced Composition, 4
ALEKS College Algebra - Taking now, 3

Electives in Intellectual and Practical Skills:
Devry CIS206 Architecture and Operating Systems with Lab, 4
Devry BIS245 Database Essentials for Business with Lab, 4

B. Human Cultures and the Physical and Natural World-18:

Devry HUMN303 Intro to Humanities, 3
Devry PSYCH110 Psychology, 3
HighlineCC BIOL100 Survey of Life Principles, 5

Humanities, Social Sciences, Natural Sciences or Interdisciplinary Electives:
Devry SPCH282 Small Group Communications, 3
Devry CIS115 Logic and Design, 3
HighlineCC CSCI100 Survey of Computing, 5

C. Personal and Social Responsibility-9:

HighlineCC SOC100 Social Problems,5
HighlineCC PHIL110 Ethical Systems/Moral Decisions, 5

Ethics or Diversity Elective:
HighlineCC HIST120 US History in One Quarter, 5

II. General Education Electives-18:

BellevueCC ACCT101 Survey of Accounting, 5
Devry LAW310 The Legal Environment, 3
Devry MGMT303 Principles of Management, 3
Devry BIS155 Data Analysis with Spreadsheets with Lab, 3
Devry MGMT404 Project Management, 4
What is your ultimate goal? BSBA CIS (just guessing from Devry electives)? This will help with TECEP suggestions. If you are comfortable taking TECEPS I'd think you could get an AA for under $1000
Currently studying for: Still deciding.

Done!
2020 - Harvard Extension School - ALM IT Management 
2019 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Data Science
2018 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Cyber Security
2016 - WGU - MBA Mgmt & Strategy
2015 - Thomas Edison State College - BSBA Marketing & CIS
mednat Wrote:What is your ultimate goal? BSBA CIS (just guessing from Devry electives)?

Or BSBA Gen Man with Project Management and the Law class at the bottom.

OP, Are all of those credits in Semester Hours or are some in quarter hours?
Andy

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics

Yes, my ultimate goal is a BSBA, either in CIS or Project Mgmt. Of course, I'm open to other options if it is faster and/or more cost effective.

I'm looking to change jobs sooner rather than later, and wondering how much not having a degree is hurting me. I do have my relevant coursework listed on my resume, as well as my Dean's List designation from Devry and a few non-credit certifications. I would like to at least have a completed AA, but maybe that doesn't make enough of a difference right now to warrant the additional costs?

This is how I am figuring the breakdown of completed coursework so far. I am hoping to test out of as much as possible for the rest of it. Money is a big issue right now, paying out of pocket. I just feel like I have way too many credits completed , and paying too much money in student loans, to not have a degree. Sad

I.GENERAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS

A.Intellectual and Practical Skills

Highline CC WRIT101 Principles of Writing, 5
Devry ENGL135 Advanced Composition, 4
ALEKS College Algebra (In Progress), 3

Electives:
Devry CIS206 Architecture and Operating Systems with Lab, 4

B.Human Cultures and the Physical and Natural World

Humanities, Social Sciences, Natural Sciences or Interdisciplinary Elective:
Highline CC BIOL100 Survey of Life Principles, 5
Devry HUMN303 Intro to Humanities, 3
Devry PSYCH110 Psychology, 3

C.Personal and Social Responsibility

Highline CC SOC100 Social Problems, 5
Highline CC PHIL110 Ethical Systems/Moral Decisions, 5
Highline CC HIST120 US History in One Quarter, 5

D.General Education Electives

Devry SPCH282 Small Group Communications, 3
Highline CC CSCI100 Survey of Computing, 5
Devry COMP100 Computer Aplications for Business with Lab, 2
Devry COLL148 Critical Thinking and Problem Solving, 3
Bellevue CC GBUS101 Intro to Business, 5

II.PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS

A.Business Core

Devry LAW310 The Legal Environment, 3
Devry CIS115 Logic and Design, 3
Bellevue CC ACCT101 Survey of Accounting, 5
Devry MGMT303 Principles of Management, 3

B.Area Of Study: Computer Information Systems or Project Management?

C.Business Electives

Devry BIS155 Data Analysis with Spreadsheets with Lab, 3
Devry MGMT404 Project Management, 4
Devry BIS115 Intro to Business and Technology, 3

III.FREE ELECTIVES

Devry BIS245 Database Essentials for Business with Lab, 4
Highline CC PE223 Weight Training, 1
Highline CC PE123 Weight Training, 1

TOTAL CREDITS EARNED: 87
What kind of job are you looking for?

Fastest and most cost effective would be the BSBA Gen Man: more upper level CBE options, you already have at least one UL class (project management), and you are missing Systems Analysis and design for the CIS concentration.

If you work in IT or plan to, you may consider taking a little longer and completing the CIS concentration.
Andy

Current Degree Plan

TESC fee schedule:

Application fee $75
Enrollment extension fee* $240 (used if needing to extend enrolled options tuition plan)
Graduation fee $299 (paid the year of graduation)
Technology Services fee $125 (enrolled options plan fee)

Enrolled Options Tuition Plan
New Jersey residents* $1,691
Out-of-state residents $3,154

TECEPS
$37/cr ($111 per TECEP) for out of state

If using per credit tuition plan utilizing TECEP and assuming no TECEPs have been taken yet, then cost would be 4 TECEPs + grad fee. The TECEPs will apply to your bachelors anyway, only leaving you with 4 more TECEPs to complete residency to get the bachelors. With the bachelors costing the same, 4 TECEPs + grad fee

If using the enrolled plan, cost would be $3,154 + grad fee + technology fee for your associates and grad fee only for your bachelors as long as you finish your bachelors within 12 months of your associates, as the enrollment fee of $3,154 is an annual fee.
AAS in Environmental Safety & Security Technologies from TESC - Completed 2014
and BA Emergency & Disaster Mgmt at American Military University with a minor in Security Management - Completed

Completed:
FEMA: 20 credit hours, B&M: 33 credit hours, AARTS: 14 credit hours, certifications
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra
CLEP: Analyzing & Interpret. Literature CLEP - 66, English Composition Modular CLEP - 58, American Government CLEP - 58, Social Sciences & History CLEP - 63
DSST: Intro to Computing DSST - 452
Straighterline: Business Ethics (88%), Criminal Justice (94%), World Religions (93%), Cultural Anthropology (92%), Intro to Sociology (94%)
TECEP: CIS 107, ENGL 102, PSY 270, BIO 208

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU transcript audit says 13 required credits through TESU? Rteurowise 8 2,114 09-05-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU "Overflow" Credits mysonx3 5 2,285 08-31-2018, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,697 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 1,850 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  TECEP - do I have to wait until the start of a Term to take the exam? Kelly Green 4 2,034 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  TESU - apply as non-matriculating student, or TECEP only? Kelly Green 0 1,199 08-13-2018, 05:11 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  Wait, TESU or COSC? I need to commit NOW. Help! kietro 7 2,452 08-03-2018, 11:40 AM
Last Post: kietro
  Credits Giantzebra 5 1,612 07-23-2018, 12:50 AM
  Second Bachelor BALS with concentration with the 24 new credits rule posabsolute 1 1,378 07-22-2018, 11:30 PM
  EC now accepting FEMA credits Exfactor 6 2,802 06-29-2018, 10:32 AM
Last Post: sanantone