Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Applying for TESU | 16 years old
You are better off laddering your studies, even though it would cost you about $1,500 for an Associates at COSC. It'll show you started off at a State College and progressed towards a University when you finish you Bachelors at WGU, in fact, if you want to do things differently - essentially get an Associates at COSC, get the Bachelors at WGU and you're done.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Lulu1
(03-10-2020, 09:48 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: You are better off laddering your studies, even though it would cost you about $1,500 for an Associates at COSC.  It'll show you started off at a State College and progressed towards a University when you finish you Bachelors at WGU, in fact, if you want to do things differently - essentially get an Associates at COSC, get the Bachelors at WGU and you're done.

Not sure what state you are in, but some states will grant you a HS diploma with a certain amount of college credits. NJ will give you one with 30 credits and over the age of 16. Does that mean 16 and 1 day? Idk 

https://www.state.nj.us/education/studen...0ccapp.htm

Maybe your state has something similar. I Think New York does as well. Maybe look into that for the HS diploma portion of your very inspiring quest.
WGU MBA-Healthcare Management 9/2021
Started 6/2/2021. Finished 8/30/21

WGU MSN-Nursing Informatics 1/2021
Started 8/14/20. Finished 12/28/2020

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020
Started 6/1/20  Finished 7/24/2020
Transferred in Sophia Stats, ICC American Government, SDC Interpersonal Communications, AAS Nursing

Credits Taken
SDC - Interpersonal Communications, Presentation Skills in the Workplace, Intro to Operating Systems, Intro to Programming, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management - (100% modules, Incomplete Projects)
ICC - American Government
SL - Personal Finance 
TECEP - Medical Terminology
The Institutes - Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct 
TEEX - Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law/White Collar Crime
Sophia - Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, Intro to IT, Intro to Statistics, Visual Communications, Human Biology, Project Management
CSM Learn- The CSM Course
DSST - Drugs and Society 436, Here's To Your Health 450, Computing and IT 461
AAS Nursing
[-] The following 1 user Likes cwendy111's post:
  • Lulu1
(03-11-2020, 05:16 AM)cwendy111 Wrote:
(03-10-2020, 09:48 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: You are better off laddering your studies, even though it would cost you about $1,500 for an Associates at COSC.  It'll show you started off at a State College and progressed towards a University when you finish you Bachelors at WGU, in fact, if you want to do things differently - essentially get an Associates at COSC, get the Bachelors at WGU and you're done.

Not sure what state you are in, but some states will grant you a HS diploma with a certain amount of college credits. NJ will give you one with 30 credits and over the age of 16. Does that mean 16 and 1 day? Idk 

https://www.state.nj.us/education/studen...0ccapp.htm

Maybe your state has something similar. I Think New York does as well. Maybe look into that for the HS diploma portion of your very inspiring quest.

The link you gave is no longer working. Id like to know more about this for my 16 year old brother. What should I search for?
CLEP - 7 Courses, Study.com - 11 Courses, Sophia - 15 Courses, CSM Learn, INSTANTCERT - Spanish I, Coursera - Google Data Analytics Certificate.

UMPI Double major BA Accounting, BABA Project Management. 2023

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Here is a working link: https://www.nj.gov/education/adulted/pathways/tccp/
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(09-29-2021, 12:24 PM)jsd Wrote: Here is a working link: https://www.nj.gov/education/adulted/pathways/tccp/

Do you know if they require the 30 credits to be from an actual college or will an RA credit do?
CLEP - 7 Courses, Study.com - 11 Courses, Sophia - 15 Courses, CSM Learn, INSTANTCERT - Spanish I, Coursera - Google Data Analytics Certificate.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
(09-29-2021, 12:36 PM)acethroughcollege Wrote:
(09-29-2021, 12:24 PM)jsd Wrote: Here is a working link: https://www.nj.gov/education/adulted/pathways/tccp/

Do you know if they require the 30 credits to be from an actual college or will an RA credit do?

RA credit IS from an actual college.  It will be on a college transcript.

If you mean will they count things like TECEP and UExcel exams, then that's a different question.  It certainly can't hurt to try, if that's what he wants to do.  But to be safe, I'd probably just take courses through TEL and get them put on a transcript and be done with it.

BTW - this is really interesting.  I wonder how many other states have this?!?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(09-29-2021, 08:32 PM)dfrecore Wrote: BTW - this is really interesting.  I wonder how many other states have this?!?

I don't have a full list. I think Maine may be one as well. 

if you are interested.....NARHS, which is an accredited homeschool cover school, uses Maine laws and seems to award high school diploma if "one full year of college credits" are earned. more info on page 10 of handbook.  and of course one has to pay the fee for NARHS to do that and they may have some other requirements.  Our family didn't use them for our homeschool so I don't have personal info about it. just the stuff on this handbook.  
https://www.narhs.com/sites/default/file...book_0.pdf 

side note with them? clep exams can be used too with NARHS for that high school.

side note: that route is only one way to homeschool and not needed for all or most.  I know you know that, but for benefit of others, sharing that reminder.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

Wisconsin also has something similar: https://dpi.wi.gov/sites/default/files/i.../f1783.pdf
Adults with at least 24 semester hours of college credits and any deficient subjects from HS covered can get a HSED.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
(09-29-2021, 08:32 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(09-29-2021, 12:36 PM)acethroughcollege Wrote:

RA credit IS from an actual college.  It will be on a college transcript.

If you mean will they count things like TECEP and UExcel exams, then that's a different question.  It certainly can't hurt to try, if that's what he wants to do.  But to be safe, I'd probably just take courses through TEL and get them put on a transcript and be done with it.

BTW - this is really interesting.  I wonder how many other states have this?!?

Through TEL 30 credits would be 2000. Does that sound right? Its something to think about. Im not sure if the cost makes it worth it or not. I am going to see if I can talk to someone from the state. Sometimes it helps to talk to a live person. Sometimes.

You need at least 24 RA credits + capstone & cornerstone to get a TESU degree anyway. HS grads can use ONU for $50/credit. If you haven't graduated HS yet/don't have a GED, Olivet Nazarene doesn't allow you to get those credits. TEL for about $66 per credit is some of the cheapest RA credit available, especially once you take into account fees at other institutions.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 437 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 422 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 435 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,262 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 246 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,177 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 226 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 354 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 295 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 270 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27