Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Approach Classes
How do seasoned UMPI students approach your classes? Do you take the first to see your strengths/weaknesses? Do you read all material first and then quiz. Do you submit your draft ASAP or wait a couple of weeks to get your bearings? Do you use the Learning Journal (I prefer to write my notes)?

I am trying to find the path to completion that will work for me and am curious about others.
I didn't use the learning journal or do the discussions. Neither are required. I took my notes on paper.

The quizzes are throughout the course. You just read the content in order then that the quiz. Some classes you have to take a quiz to access the content and then you're quizzed every few readings.

Once I finished the course content I wrote my rough draft. I submitted the rough draft then moved on to my next class. When the rough draft came back, I would make the changes needed and then submit the final version. I would not wait to submit a paper. Time goes by quickly. The papers don't usually come back the same day. I've waited a week and a half a few times.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • crotique, Pikachu
@ss20ts the milestone discussions aren’t checked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes oroseeo's post:
  • ss20ts
(03-23-2021, 10:57 AM)oroseeo Wrote: @ss20ts the milestone discussions aren’t checked?

Depends on the professor. They're not graded. Keep going! Don't wait for a response.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • crotique
(03-23-2021, 11:15 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(03-23-2021, 10:57 AM)oroseeo Wrote: @ss20ts the milestone discussions aren’t checked?

Depends on the professor. They're not graded. Keep going! Don't wait for a response.

I spoke too soon I just got a response.

(03-23-2021, 12:48 PM)oroseeo Wrote: I spoke too soon I just got a response.

Some professors will respond to the first one and none of the others. Some professors don't respond at all. Some respond to every Milestone. Don't wait for them. Just keep going. The next section of the course unlocks once you submit the Milestone. 
  • Pikachu
A good response in a Milestone Activity can cause your professor to increase your grade by a few percentage points. It can turn that 89% to an 90% to an A. The professor can increase your grade, but, cannot lower it.

I always spend time on Milestone Activities.

I do not do Learning Journals or Discussions.

I usually skip most videos as well, as the videos are the same thing the text says, and some of them are long. Plus the captions don't always work.

For the ones that have multiple choice finals, for the student competency adaption, get everything wrong (or press skip) purposely about 5-10 times so you can get the entire test bank out and study it. Why? The explanations are a simple explanation of why every question's answer is that way. You will learn more from the test banks then from reading the content sometimes. The test banks can also have stuff that isn't very clear in the content.
[-] The following 5 users Like ashkir's post:
  • crotique, iggydawn, KrisMcCar, oroseeo, Pikachu
Thank you for sharing, as this helps me. I am not progressing as "fast" as others. But I am sure I will become more speedy with efficiency as time goes on. I did notice that about the videos being redundant. Once again, thank you, I truly appreciate the tips and will utilize them.
(03-24-2021, 07:03 AM)crotique Wrote: Thank you for sharing, as this helps me. I am not progressing as "fast" as others. But I am sure I will become more speedy with efficiency as time goes on. I did notice that about the videos being redundant. Once again, thank you, I truly appreciate the tips and will utilize them.

Don't worry about how fast others go. We all have different skills and experience. Good luck!
  • crotique
Just wondering - How many pages are the papers and for the projects? I mean, don't you have to "research" and also "get your sources" all together with the APA or MLA formatting? That's a lot of courses in such a short amount of time...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which Sophia Classes Meet These Requirements? gc82 2 197 03-15-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Which BUS Classes would be the quickest tombbraider 4 371 03-11-2024, 02:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia Classes for BA Psych? CollegeBraveB 2 282 03-01-2024, 09:10 PM
  Failed classes prissy1pris 9 1,082 01-29-2024, 12:40 AM
Last Post: TammaraOligschlaeger
  Fastest UMPI classes since the change to brightspace? CanICode 8 1,312 11-19-2023, 10:47 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Study vs UMPI BUS Classes klone 4 737 11-14-2023, 06:50 PM
  Sophia UL Classes Accepted at UMPI mohelena02 4 958 11-04-2023, 08:32 PM
Last Post: mohelena02
  UMPI Recommended classes to take mrguy 5 956 10-23-2023, 05:55 PM
  Quickest/Easiest Poly Sci classes? Duneranger 11 992 09-28-2023, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Short Upper Level Electives - Need 4 more classes galileom 16 1,979 09-09-2023, 10:30 AM