Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are 55 credits doable in 1 semester
Smile 
Hi Everyone!
I am supposed to start on March 1st towards my BS in IT Management. I will likely have about 55 credits to go, is this doable in 1 semester? I would like to stick to 1 semester if possible for financial reasons. I am budgeting so I can start a Masters program after. I started working on credits from zero last October on Sophia and Study.com , but I worry that the classes left will be more difficult so I am worried for time and wether or not I should spend a few more months working on Study.com classes. Here is my current classes spreadsheet that I am working through.
Also -- does anyone suggest me working through the two Study.com accounting classes for the credit or should I do accounting at WGU?

For context, I have 15+ years in business management but not a lot of experience with IT. Thank you in advance!
Currently:
UCA (University of Central Arkansas) Ph.D. Change Leadership for Equity and Inclusion 

Completed:
WGU MSML
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership
PMP, CSM, CSPO, Google Project Management Certificate
Sophia 19 Classes | Study.com 12 Classes
Hi Everyone!
I am supposed to start on March 1st towards my BS in IT Management. I will likely have about 55 credits to go, is this doable in 1 semester? I would like to stick to 1 semester if possible for financial reasons. I am budgeting so I can start a Masters program after. I started working on credits from zero last October on Sophia and Study.com , but I worry that the classes left will be more difficult so I am worried for time and wether or not I should spend a few more months working on Study.com classes. Here is my current classes spreadsheet that I am working through.
Also -- does anyone suggest me working through the two Study.com accounting classes for the credit or should I do accounting at WGU?

For context, I have 15+ years in business management but not a lot of experience with IT. Thank you in advance!
Currently:
UCA (University of Central Arkansas) Ph.D. Change Leadership for Equity and Inclusion 

Completed:
WGU MSML
There are examples of people doing it. They are outliers. The majority of people don't move that fast. No one can tell you what you can do or how fast you can do it.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • mohelena02
If you have the energy/time to get things done, the cost of completing this in one term is very attractive. Having said that, you should maximize all transfers before completing the remainder at WGU if you can... It all depends on what's currently on your plate of commitments, the more stuff you have to do, I highly recommend completing the max transfer before. If you've got absolutely nothing on your plate of commitments, then try finishing it within a term... but you need to be prepared (financially too) if it drags onto a second term.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • mohelena02
The more you can transfer in before you begin the better; even if it means you push back your enrollment by a month. The less credits you need to earn in the term the more likely you'll be able to active the goal.  It is far more realistic to complete 30 credits in the term than 55. I'm sure if you post which WGU degree, and what you have left to complete for the program people here will have suggestions for you.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • mohelena02
(01-17-2022, 09:40 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: If you have the energy/time to get things done, the cost of completing this in one term is very attractive.  Having said that, you should maximize all transfers before completing the remainder at WGU if you can...  It all depends on what's currently on your plate of commitments, the more stuff you have to do, I highly recommend completing the max transfer before.  If you've got absolutely nothing on your plate of commitments, then try finishing it within a term... but you need to be prepared (financially too) if it drags onto a second term.

Thanks! Considering I want to save as much money as possible I will likely push back my start date a bit.
Currently:

Completed:
WGU MSML
How fast are you getting through the SDC courses? If you're not doing at least 3-4 courses per month, I think you'll struggle to complete 55 credits at WGU in 6 months.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • mohelena02
(01-18-2022, 09:53 AM)rachel83az Wrote: How fast are you getting through the SDC courses? If you're not doing at least 3-4 courses per month, I think you'll struggle to complete 55 credits at WGU in 6 months.

I'm doing 4-5 courses per week, but I feel like I have been completing 'easier' courses for me, so I worry the WGU classes would be more difficult and require more time.
Currently:

Completed:
WGU MSML
What I would do is look at each individual class and figure out if it would be easier, about the same, or harder to do at WGU.  Then plan according. 

For example, people say Critical Thinking is easier at WGU so you may as well do it there.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • mohelena02
do you have children you need to take care of
do you have a full time job
does your job require you to be on call
do you have any experience (computer networking, accounting)
no one can tell you if its doable if they don't know your background

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  75% of credits oram3189 5 556 02-15-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  CLEP and CompTIA credits for BS in CS students? nomaduser 4 548 10-03-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  How do transfer (sophia.org/ACE) credits look on a WGU transcript for grad school? dan087 4 943 09-25-2023, 05:01 AM
Last Post: dan087
  More than 90 credits akr680 8 1,907 09-08-2022, 11:28 AM
Last Post: akr680
  Does WGU transfer credits from Onlinedegree.com? Vle045 2 1,673 04-14-2021, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Sophia.org Transfer Credits? diamonds 10 3,157 11-29-2020, 01:58 PM
Last Post: dbinghamjr
  Computer Science Where to Max Out Credits Before Enrolling at WGU diamonds 8 7,172 11-25-2020, 07:32 PM
Last Post: zilla
  GPA and Transferring Credits nosideedison 9 3,809 10-10-2020, 07:35 AM
Last Post: nosideedison
  WGU credits Mirsie 1 1,137 08-23-2019, 03:38 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  WGU, Straighterline or CLEP for credits? Jwheels27 21 5,473 06-19-2019, 01:32 PM
Last Post: Merlin