Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are my number right? ( Cost Comparison)
dfrecore Wrote:If you don't have residency, then you will have to pay the Residency Waiver of $2,000. Then, when you get your BA, you won't have additional fees.

Also, the Graduation Fee of $323 would have to be paid twice. If you're graduating with both degrees at the same time, then you only pay one fee, but if you want to do two separate graduations, then you have to pay the fee twice.

One thing to note: it's unclear if the Residency Waiver lasts longer than a year (there have been mixed messages from TESU), so you would want to get something in writing from them if you were going to take longer than a year to get your BA.
Thank you so much for your expertise and wisdom! Thank you!
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]
The ASBA would only be free if you graduate with both at the same time. You can graduate with both an associates and bachelors at the same time. If you wanted both degrees just ask TESU to add the ASBA to your record and an eval will be done for ASBA. As you transfer in courses both evals will update at the same time. Once all of the requirements have been satisfied for the ASBA you can graduate with the ASBA or wait until you finish the BSBA. The residency waiver fee is new and TESU is not quite sure how it works, may have to be paid once or paid twice, nobody knows for sure not even TESU.
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit
swalke321 Wrote:The ASBA would only be free if you graduate with both at the same time. You can graduate with both an associates and bachelors at the same time. If you wanted both degrees just ask TESU to add the ASBA to your record and an eval will be done for ASBA. As you transfer in courses both evals will update at the same time. Once all of the requirements have been satisfied for the ASBA you can graduate with the ASBA or wait until you finish the BSBA. The residency waiver fee is new and TESU is not quite sure how it works, may have to be paid once or paid twice, nobody knows for sure not even TESU.
There's no downside to declaring the ASBA alongside the BSBA. You'll just have two evaluations that you can look at. If you decide to only finish one of them, it's no big deal. I still have an ASNSM eval sitting in my account. I decided not to do the extra course it would have taken, and just got the BACS.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Thanks! Once accepted, I may give them a ring to do just that! Why not? Lol I may just go straight for the BSBA.....but why not? Thanks for your help! Smile

swalke321 Wrote:The ASBA would only be free if you graduate with both at the same time. You can graduate with both an associates and bachelors at the same time. If you wanted both degrees just ask TESU to add the ASBA to your record and an eval will be done for ASBA. As you transfer in courses both evals will update at the same time. Once all of the requirements have been satisfied for the ASBA you can graduate with the ASBA or wait until you finish the BSBA. The residency waiver fee is new and TESU is not quite sure how it works, may have to be paid once or paid twice, nobody knows for sure not even TESU.
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

One more question. For the ASBA, do I have to "apply" to TESU and pay the $75 application fee to declare the ASBA? I'm looking all over and i can't seem to find another way to add the ASBA to my profile.

You just have to ask advising to add it.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Thank you!

davewill Wrote:You just have to ask advising to add it.

so if I got my ASBA from TESU could I apply to WGU Information Security in order to get the block transfer?

Ideally i'd like to utilize my remaining Pel Grants before I graduate from TESU

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cost for an Associates Mitchmcc 3 1,353 05-31-2018, 05:12 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  What will be the cost to graduate? sarahrahul 2 1,189 05-17-2018, 12:50 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  No cost to apply to Excelsior (EC) if... allvia 3 1,836 01-15-2018, 04:05 PM
Last Post: jsd
  TESU BA Computer Science Ultimate Low Cost Help armstrongsubero 33 8,136 10-20-2017, 03:01 AM
Last Post: davewill
  COSC AS Cost and Help! armstrongsubero 2 1,670 07-02-2017, 12:49 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  Benefits/Cost of registration early? inkleind 2 784 04-09-2017, 12:34 AM
Last Post: inkleind
  TESU online classes with an odd number of credits jsd 1 1,182 03-07-2017, 04:19 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  BA Liberal arts cost Excelsior vs TESU? jb111 11 3,039 03-02-2017, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Flying-Ace
  What does Excelsior really cost? clep3705 3 939 12-28-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  A Comparison: EC vs. TESC vs. COSC Daithi 24 2,799 07-04-2016, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning