Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are there any ACE grad classes?
To qualify for certain jobs, I would be eligible by taking 18 credits of graduate school courses in accounting, business, business administration (MBA), finance, marketing, economics or other directly related field.

Are there any ACE options or is ACE pretty much limited to undergrad?

If there are options, what is the cost efficient way to get them on a graduate school transcript?

I know that I could just do WGU and and knock out 6 classes in 1 or 2 terms, but that would be a bit expensive.
Others have said that most graduate schools severely limit how many grad credits you can transfer in. However, Statistics.com has some courses that count as grad-level credits. If you just need the credits and not the actual degree, your best bet might be to take the classes and then do a credit bank at TESU.
18 credits is more than half way to completion for many master's degrees. WGU is really cheap even for grad school. I have seen people complete their MBA there in one term and most I know of finish in 2 at the most. It's all up to you and how much work you want to put into it.

I've never seen ACE credits for grad programs. Grad programs are very limited on transfer credit. Some schools do not accept grad school transfer credit at all and others limit you to 1 or 2 classes.
https://bridge.edu/tefl/courses/online/idelt

This online, self-paced diploma program will give you 9 graduate-level ACE credits.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nomaduser's post:
  • sofinel
(08-25-2020, 11:07 AM)nomaduser Wrote: https://bridge.edu/tefl/courses/online/idelt

This online, self-paced diploma program will give you 9 graduate-level ACE credits.

I would not expect most grad programs to accept these credits. Your options. are VERY limited with this program. These credits have nothing to do with a business program like the OP asked about.
Consider some of the edX micromaster's or Coursera Mastertrack programs. You'd have to double check the specific program to see if the participating university would transcript the courses without transferring in for a complete degree.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(08-25-2020, 04:50 PM)MNomadic Wrote: Consider some of the edX micromaster's or Coursera Mastertrack programs. You'd have to double check the specific program to see if the participating university would transcript the courses without transferring in for a complete degree.

Are there any in particular you recommend? Just curious.
Think the original poster isn't asking to transfer into a degree program so I'm not quite sure why all of the responses are about programs specifically. They're probably talking about the fact that community colleges can sometimes let degree holders of different majors teach if they have a certain number of graduate credits in a specific major. This also applies for jobs like teaching high topics where a certain amount of undergrad/graduate credits in a particular field will qualify you in some states as long as you have a bachelors degree or higher in another field.
(08-25-2020, 09:43 PM)Drakemoore Wrote: Think the original poster isn't asking to transfer into a degree program so I'm not quite sure why all of the responses are about programs specifically. 

I mentioned it to A.) not why there aren't that many grad-level ACE credits out there and B.) just in case OP did decide to go for a graduate degree later, they wouldn't be disappointed. I guess I didn't explain that too well in my post.
ACE does offer some graduate credits but they are really hard to find. I called their office at one point to ask about that and they never sent me back anything. Someone on here did find a way to filter out to find just the graduate credits, but I can't remember who it was.

Walden will generally offer one class free. I think some of the other schools do the same thing. Right now probably one of the cheapest ways to pick up graduate credits would be through University of the People. I hate their peer grading system, but I've also never scored less than an A for a class. I know on the MBA Walden will that students transfer in 18 credits. Purdue Global MBA might also be an option, and they let students transfer in up to 50% of the credits I believe. However, I do not know if they will accept UoPeople credits. my suggestion would be to take the free class at Walden, then try a term at WGU to see what you like better. WGU will not allow you to transfer in any credits, but at least this way you lose out on the at least amount of money possible, and can figure out which format you like. UoPeople has more traditional format in terms of their online class materials. With Walden it is almost all reading, with UoPeople it is more a mix of reading and slightly more videos than what Walden provides. I'm not sure on WGU because I've not gone there. Hopefully that helps. If Purdue Global is offering a free class I would suggest trying that too.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Article bashes Harvard Extension ALM Grad smartdegree 50 8,281 12-25-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: posabsolute
  European Grad Studies Abroad: Cost of Living vs Low Tuition Fees bjcheung77 7 1,409 12-23-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Seeking a grad school OTmina 4 1,062 10-11-2023, 11:13 PM
Last Post: OTmina
  Time to start thinking post grad, and don’t know where to start Insert Name 7 955 07-09-2023, 10:43 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  would like to talk to anyone who has taken walden university classes (graduate) TINASAM 8 1,432 05-06-2023, 09:46 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Looking for online Grad Cert. or Masters Program RoliJoli 4 1,107 03-27-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  New Amberton Grad Cert ss20ts 0 554 03-25-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  IUBH - Another low cost European Grad option posabsolute 18 5,975 03-21-2023, 03:13 PM
Last Post: JPN
Exclamation Reading through this board for cheap grad schools but don't see MITx or Coursera??? Randyb100 30 4,650 12-06-2022, 06:27 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  40 Low GPA Grad Schools & Advice to Help You Get In LevelUP 8 1,338 11-08-2022, 11:50 AM
Last Post: sanantone