Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arksansas - Where it's a crime to not pay rent.
Thank you for such topic and video. This is crazy, I didn't know that in this state in XXI century you can go to prison just by delaying your payment for sometime... I even went and checked prices of property for sale in Arkansas  and if most owners can afford buying real estate there than they can wait 1-3 months for the payment to come through without going to police and court. Or I am wrong?
(01-17-2019, 08:51 AM)TheBee2 Wrote: Thank you for such topic and video. This is crazy, I didn't know that in this state in XXI century you can go to prison just by delaying your payment for sometime... I even went and checked prices of property for sale in Arkansas  and if most owners can afford buying real estate there than they can wait 1-3 months for the payment to come through without going to police and court. Or I am wrong?

I might give the tenant a ten-day extension to pay the past due rent.  I would never allow it to go 1-3 months in the rears especially when they earn three times the rent.  If you allow that to happen, the tenant will just take advantage of you and will always have some sort of problem with payment.  What you are describing is an eviction.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS