Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Art Institute > Penn Foster > TESU
(01-01-2018, 07:14 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(01-01-2018, 07:06 PM)HAYDENTREE77 Wrote:
(01-01-2018, 06:46 PM)jsd Wrote: Just know that you can't transfer those out to TESU like you implied in your original post.
Correct. That was the first part of what I was asking - which would be laundering - but as I was writing it occurred to me that the likely hood of that may not be feasible and alluded to going to PF to fill in the gaps with ACE credits and ultimately transfer to TESU. I'm still not sure they will even take ACE credits from PF. It may be best to just start over from scratch. Not in love with that idea as my job is pretty exhausting. No pain no gain.

Yes, they will take ACE credits from PF.  Your best bet is to always check ACE before taking courses, as PF has both ACE-approved courses, and ones that aren't.

Also, I'm still not seeing how a PF AA will help you ultimately get the TESU BA.  If only some of the credits can be used, it doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

I would instead consider a school that will take your NA credits.
I have an AA and assumed they won't take them all and I would probably have to supplement some credits. Not even sure. There are downsides to the NA scenario. Although, I do have a really good job and I'm not sure if NA or RA would even matter. I studied at the School of Visual Arts, Stanford University and University of Pennsylvania. They were all non credit certificate courses that were specific to my career and very relevant. My education or lack of has created a ceiling within my org. Almost everyone I work with has a Masters from a very prestigious school. I'm incredibly fortunate. I'm rambling. This is all good feedback. Just need to sort it out and get started. Thanks!
(01-01-2018, 07:27 PM)HAYDENTREE77 Wrote: I have an AA and assumed they won't take them all and I would probably have to supplement some credits. Not even sure. There are downsides to the NA scenario. Although, I do have a really good job and I'm not sure if NA or RA would even matter. I studied at the School of Visual Arts, Stanford University and University of Pennsylvania. They were all non credit certificate courses that were specific to my career and very relevant. My education or lack of has created a ceiling within my org. Almost everyone I work with has a Masters from a very prestigious school. I'm incredibly fortunate. I'm rambling.  This is all good feedback. Just need to sort it out and get started. Thanks!

Ok, I'm more confused than ever.  What are you going to PF for then???
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
TESU won't accept my NA credits so I thought I would get a bunch of credits from Penn Foster and eventually transfer to TESU so I can graduate from a RA school. That's the end game. Or maybe not.
You're dedicated to TESU it seems, hmm. What about Purdue NewU or whatever the name changes to, they'll be the new online option for Purdue (Kaplan University renamed after their purchase by Purdue).

You can go for your BSPS, especially since you have so many college credits from the AA and potential credits from those non-credit professional certificates from those prestigious universities...

If you want to go into say, an MBA from Purdue NewU (Kaplan University), I think alumni get 20% off tuition as per a previous thread, you can get the MBA for cheap and it's got programmatic/secondary accreditation by ACBSP!

Kaplan University Thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/showthr...?tid=26902
My Masters/PHD Thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/showthr...#pid248980
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I understand wanting to salvage credits. I have a lot of old Chemistry and other science and math and spent a lot of time looking for ways to use them. Ultimately, it was faster and cheaper to go a different direction.

The fastest and cheapest option is probably the TESU BALS. Cornestone and Capstone at TESU and the rest through alt credits. you may be able to use PLA to salvage some old credits, but it may not be worth it. 1 $300 class at PF could be 2 or more classes with other providers.

If you want something more technical, IT-ish, then COSC IS concentration, TESU BACS and BSBA CIS are other options.

COSC IS concentration - Cornerstone (3 cr) and Capstone must be taken at COSC. COSC requires 30 UL credits. 15 have to be in the concentration, while the other 15 can be anywhere. There are enough options now, that the other 15 UL should not be an issue. You will have to do some digging to find options, but should be easier now because there are more options. PLA is also an option here, but they do it a little differently then TESU.

TESU BACS - plenty of options. CSU Global will help fill in some of the UL. DSST MIS and CyberSec should count. Looks like Study.com Digital marketing will too.

TESU BSBA CIS - previously BSBA CIS would have been considered the easier and cheaper option, but know that the Capstone course must be taken at TESU, i'm not sure if that was the case. A lot of business classes to slog through, but there are a lot of options for those classes. For AOS I used TECEP Network, DSST MIS, DSST Cyber, and COSC Software Engineering. Again, the Digital Marketing class may work here and there are CSU Global options that may work also.
TESU - BSBA: CIS - Dec '17

TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics COSC Cornerstone, Software Engineering Straighterline Business Ethics

Next:
  Related classes at local CC and various Cybersecurity certifications.

Old username:  ajs1976
New to this. I get it now. I'm starting from scratch and will go to a RA school. Too many downsides to NA. Thanks for everyone's help.
Figure out what is most important, cheaper, faster, or a specific degree, then start to plan it out.

If you want to get an associates along the way, it is possible at both COSC and TESU. Just watch for fees at both. Semester enrollment fees at COSC and possibility of paying the residency waiver twice at TESU.
TESU - BSBA: CIS - Dec '17

TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics COSC Cornerstone, Software Engineering Straighterline Business Ethics

Next:
  Related classes at local CC and various Cybersecurity certifications.

Old username:  ajs1976
(01-01-2018, 08:09 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: You're dedicated to TESU it seems, hmm. What about Purdue NewU or whatever the name changes to, they'll be the new online option for Purdue (Kaplan University renamed after their purchase by Purdue).

You can go for your BSPS, especially since you have so many college credits from the AA and potential credits from those non-credit professional certificates from those prestigious universities...

If you want to go into say, an MBA from Purdue NewU (Kaplan University), I think alumni get 20% off tuition as per a previous thread, you can get the MBA for cheap and it's got programmatic/secondary accreditation by ACBSP!

Kaplan University Thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/showthr...?tid=26902
My Masters/PHD Thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/showthr...#pid248980
Hmmm. Wonder if they will change their credit criteria. Now that you brought this up, def worth exploring. Good stuff.
(01-01-2018, 07:39 PM)HAYDENTREE77 Wrote: TESU won't accept my NA credits so I thought I would get a bunch of credits from Penn Foster and eventually transfer to TESU so I can graduate from a RA school. That's the end game. Or maybe not.

So, TESU won't accept your old credits from your NA school, and will only accept PF courses that are ACE-approved, so there's no point to doing this.

I still say that you should look at some other schools.  My personal preference for TESU is based on ease of getting credits, and knowing exactly what will fit where.  And price.  But I certainly wouldn't tell someone, especially someone in your shoes, that they are the best option.  Far from it.

What kind of degree do you want to get?  I think that's the best place to start.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(01-01-2018, 11:31 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(01-01-2018, 07:39 PM)HAYDENTREE77 Wrote: TESU won't accept my NA credits so I thought I would get a bunch of credits from Penn Foster and eventually transfer to TESU so I can graduate from a RA school. That's the end game. Or maybe not.

So, TESU won't accept your old credits from your NA school, and will only accept PF courses that are ACE-approved, so there's no point to doing this.

I still say that you should look at some other schools.  My personal preference for TESU is based on ease of getting credits, and knowing exactly what will fit where.  And price.  But I certainly wouldn't tell someone, especially someone in your shoes, that they are the best option.  Far from it.

What kind of degree do you want to get?  I think that's the best place to start.

I'm leaning heavily towards TESU BALS. I have an Associates in design and I've taken a few certificate courses at various schools and I'm constantly learning. Mostly on Udemy because I can focus on very specific things that are relevant to my career today. I need a very basic degree to tick the box. I would much rather learn things such as; Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, VR etc.. All the things I now do so this simply is for me to move up the corp ladder and possibly go for an advanced degree.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 788 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 590 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU-----Transcripts??? midnite123 6 429 12-21-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  TESU---AA ??? midnite123 15 1,098 11-16-2023, 09:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Arts Institute is no longer... And they all bite the dust... bjcheung77 1 359 10-02-2023, 08:44 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Christian Leaders Institute… Vle045 17 3,987 09-30-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Travis_CVUgrad
  StraighterLine acquires Childcare Education Institute bjcheung77 2 830 05-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: glammie83
  Sophia.org and TESU midnite123 5 1,098 02-20-2023, 04:52 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Completed BA at TESU, any free ways to earn another degree? Lightorb333 13 1,977 12-30-2022, 05:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Questions midnite123 18 1,319 12-12-2022, 02:52 AM
Last Post: midnite123