Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Art Institute > Penn Foster > TESU
I have my transcripts out to PF, Hodges and Kaplan. Hodges accepted 16 which I suppose is better than none but haven't heard back from the others. The downside is UPower is going away. I was told if I enrolled before Feb 1st I would be fine and could stay on that path. I don't really trust it. I just saw that someone posted on here about it. More to come...
This has been some journey and I haven't even started. Hodges and Penn Foster were the only schools that accepted the credit transfer from AI. I spoke with Kaplan and it could be an interesting option but I would be starting from zero. I do like that they have been aquired by Perdue University but still haven't decided.

Penn Foster isn't cheap either but below is what transferred. I have the actual document but will only post the high level overview.

1st semester 6 credits transferring ($474 off semester)
3rd semester 3 credits ($237 off)
4th semester 6 credits ($474 off)
5th semester 6 credits ($474 off)
7th semester 3 credits ($237)
8th semester 3 credits ($237)

Still on the fence. Anyone have any experience with #Penn Foster? Pros, Cons etc... The degree would be in Business Management.

I'm going to chat with the advisor next week. I suppose what I really want to know is, can I test out and go at my own pace - meaning move faster if time permits?
Read your post #16. Do not go with Penn Foster for their degree, it's neither cheap/easy/fast or "better" than TESU.
If you want to complete your degree as cheap/easy/fast as possible and have an RA/ACBSP degree, TESU's the ticket.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
It was pointed out early on that WGU and Excelsior take NA credits, but I don't see you investigating them at all as an RA option?  WGU is also free to apply right now and with your art background it seems that the WGU’s Bachelor of Science in Marketing Management could logically fit. You could apply, send over your transcripts from the Art Institute the find out what your missing - test out as much as possible to transfer in (BEFORE) enrolling and it could be very affordable.  Plus being the you stated you had earned an associates degree from Art Institute WGU may be the best way of retaining the most credits, as they are very generous with those already holding an associates towards the general education requirements. I don't see what you have to lose by looking into it as an option - especially since so many of the business credits can be tested out of there (like TESU), as long as you take them before enrolling - which is not the same as before applying.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(02-19-2018, 04:00 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Read your post #16.  Do not go with Penn Foster for their degree, it's neither cheap/easy/fast or "better" than TESU.
If you want to complete your degree as cheap/easy/fast as possible and have an RA/ACBSP degree, TESU's the ticket.

Thanks! I really wanted to check out all the options but there is no doubt in my my mind that TESU is the the route for me. Appreciate your input. Looking forward to moving on with this already.
(02-19-2018, 04:28 PM)allvia Wrote: It was pointed out early on that WGU and Excelsior take NA credits, but I don't see you investigating them at all as an RA option?  WGU is also free to apply right now and with your art background it seems that the WGU’s Bachelor of Science in Marketing Management could logically fit. You could apply, send over your transcripts from the Art Institute the find out what your missing - test out as much as possible to transfer in (BEFORE) enrolling and it could be very affordable.  Plus being the you stated you had earned an associates degree from Art Institute WGU may be the best way of retaining the most credits, as they are very generous with those already holding an associates towards the general education requirements. I don't see what you have to lose by looking into it as an option - especially since so many of the business credits can be tested out of there (like TESU), as long as you take them before enrolling - which is not the same as before applying.

WGU did not accept my credits. AI was nationally accredited when I went there. They are now regionally but it doesn't matter. WGU said that's a no go. It seems like TESU BALS is the way forward. I do appreciate the input.
Can you clarify why they rejected the credits? They accept NA credit, so was there something unrelated to accreditation that they stated?
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
I highly recommend just going for the general education credits (and electives) up to 90 credits for the BALS or BSBA.
The 30 final credits will determine if you will go for a BALS or BSBA. Forget the transfer from NA to RA...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • HAYDENTREE77
(02-20-2018, 04:55 PM)jsd Wrote: Can you clarify why they rejected the credits? They accept NA credit, so was there something unrelated to accreditation that they stated?

It was due to the fact AI was Nationally accredited when I went there. They became Regionally accredited after I graduated. I suppose some of it is the age and that not everything lined up. They didn't go into reasons. At this point I've done more than enough fact finding. Time to decide. Thanks.
But WGU accepts national accreditation, so something doesn't make sense.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 788 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 589 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU-----Transcripts??? midnite123 6 429 12-21-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  TESU---AA ??? midnite123 15 1,098 11-16-2023, 09:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Arts Institute is no longer... And they all bite the dust... bjcheung77 1 359 10-02-2023, 08:44 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Christian Leaders Institute… Vle045 17 3,982 09-30-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Travis_CVUgrad
  StraighterLine acquires Childcare Education Institute bjcheung77 2 830 05-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: glammie83
  Sophia.org and TESU midnite123 5 1,096 02-20-2023, 04:52 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Completed BA at TESU, any free ways to earn another degree? Lightorb333 13 1,977 12-30-2022, 05:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Questions midnite123 18 1,314 12-12-2022, 02:52 AM
Last Post: midnite123