Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National University - Teaching Credential
Has anyone done this? The local high school is offering me a grant of $20,000 to go to a California based school to get a teaching license. Considering going to National University as their program is online, and California base thus eligible for the grant.
Hmm, Maybe do a search for a few online options that are available in California, then drop that list down to the top 2-3 choices, and decide from those two or three to see which one fits your goals. National University has made some changes over the last couple of years, such as merging their NCU into NU, dropped a few full-ride scholarships, etc, they're an OK option though, a very good backup option too if you have any other schools you're interested in, maybe research them first.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-29-2023, 12:20 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm, Maybe do a search for a few online options that are available in California, then drop that list down to the top 2-3 choices, and decide from those two or three to see which one fits your goals.  National University has made some changes over the last couple of years, such as merging their NCU into NU, dropped a few full-ride scholarships, etc, they're an OK option though, a very good backup option too if you have any other schools you're interested in, maybe research them first.

Indeed. The other option I'm looking at is CalStateTEACH 
https://www.calstateteach.net/

But their reviews are also mixed.

A lot of the bigger online schools now cost a fortune (Point Loma, La Verne, Grand Canyon). WGU isn't prepared for the 2024 changes in california licensure and is stopping Californian enrollments. I'm finding it difficult. A lot of schools that say they support California aren't actually approved by California. Our requirements are super strict.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • Vle045
Did they provide a list of schools? Are you planning to become a teacher now?
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
University of the People, which is in California and entirely online, is accepted by Washington state as a teacher license preparation course due to it being DEAC accredited. If you look at the dept of Education info it will claim only regionally accredited schools or state approved 3rd party (non-university) teacher education programs are accepted, but if you click the link to see their detailed list of qualifying accreditors DEAC is in there anyways. 

California might also say it qualifies, if you dig, especially since Washington state has a teacher's license equivalency program with most states including Hawaii and Idaho (I have already confirmed DEAC qualifies you for a teaching license in at least one more state, but haven't looked for California)

A M.Ed at Uopeople, assuming you get both primary and secondary school specializations, cost around $5,000.

If you want a more prestigious degree that's another story.
In the case of the MEd at U of People, I really like their program as it's endorsed by IB.org and it's an Advanced Teaching degree, it's the only program at U of People that interests me as it's the only unique degree they have that's not as common as the others they offer...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gardner-Webb University: 10-12 month online MBA? PaperAssistant 7 287 04-18-2024, 10:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 9 752 04-18-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: MichiganMax
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 22 1,959 04-15-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: klone
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,173 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  Fitchburg State University - MBA in Finance Spaceghost 7 507 04-06-2024, 01:04 PM
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,345 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 377 03-28-2024, 12:40 AM
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,732 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 673 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Hellenic American University MBA: Overview of $3K RA MBA PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 90 14,316 03-06-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: lidel