Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What next for me?
(08-11-2020, 12:35 PM)ChilliDawg Wrote: Do any of you know of a Bachelor or Masters program that would make maximum use of my existing accomplishments, as noted in my Sig line?  Any suggestions and ideas are greatly appreciated.

I've read the sig line, and I've read some of the other details you've given about yourself.

Perhaps there is a field of knowledge you would like to delve into. Would you be interested in humanities, or natural science?

You may be 75% of the way towards a degree in a concentration "directly" related to business or computer science, but you're probably close to 50% of the way towards degrees in very different concentrations.

What types of books or articles do you read that are outside of your chosen career field?
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
(08-19-2020, 03:12 PM)StoicJ Wrote:
(08-11-2020, 12:35 PM)ChilliDawg Wrote: Do any of you know of a Bachelor or Masters program that would make maximum use of my existing accomplishments, as noted in my Sig line?  Any suggestions and ideas are greatly appreciated.

I've read the sig line, and I've read some of the other details you've given about yourself.

Perhaps there is a field of knowledge you would like to delve into. Would you be interested in humanities, or natural science?

You may be 75% of the way towards a degree in a concentration "directly" related to business or computer science, but you're probably close to 50% of the way towards degrees in very different concentrations.

What types of books or articles do you read that are outside of your chosen career field?

Stoic,

Thank you for the thoughtful reply.

So, I am hugely interested in  Data Analytics and Big Data.  I have been a Sys Admin for most of my career.  Standard fare stuff.  Active Directory, VMWare, Hyper-V, etc.  I have had minimal exposure to SQL, but what I have had, I have REALLY enjoyed.  I also find myself in a job where I am repeatedly forced into situations where I should really know how to handle Data much better than I do.  Meaning things such as Case Management Systems that have large databases on the back end. 

I have Windows Server and Cyber Security skills down to a pretty solid skill set.  Data Analytics, not so much.

So, that sounds like a pretty easy decision, right?  I thought so too.  However, my C.O.O. at work is really pushing me to pursue an MBA.  He believes that anything less is a waste.  Maybe because he has one? 

This is where I stand.
Western Governor's University
MSCSIA - Completed 2020.  Program completed in 8 months.
Cybersecurity Scholarship Recipient
Thomas Edison State University
B.A.L.S 2019 
ASNSM - Computer Science - 2018 
Pierpont College
Board of Governor's AAS, AOE Information Systems - 2017

What about something from Upgrad? A data analytics certificate is about $300: https://www.upgrad.com/business-analytic...ification/

They also have a business analytics MBA for just over $5k: https://www.upgrad.com/mba-business-analytics-nmims/

I don't know how well they'd be recieved by your company but they do look like interesting options.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • ChilliDawg