Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asking for a 3 credit waiver for Social Psychology at TESU?
I don't know of an Interpersonal Relations course, but there is Interpersonal Communications through UExcel or CSU-Global.

CSU-Global has Race, Gender & Ethnic Relations in the US.

U of Idaho IS has Race & Ethnicity or Social Problems.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
How about one of the DSST?
JamesIE Wrote:How about one of the DSST?

The Lifespan Developmental DSST is the same as the Human Growth and Development CLEP, and one is already required for the degree.

I was listing some courses/exams that fit the requirements TESU laid out in their email from frostedfire.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:I don't know of an Interpersonal Relations course, but there is Interpersonal Communications through UExcel or CSU-Global.

CSU-Global has Race, Gender & Ethnic Relations in the US.

U of Idaho IS has Race & Ethnicity or Social Problems.

Does TESU still accept all CBE credits from CSU-Global?

Also dfecore, what do you think of the CBE: Race, Class, and Crime
CRJ470EX (3 credits), or Introduction to Forensic Psychology
CRJ325EX (3 credits)?
frostedfire Wrote:Does TESU still accept all CBE credits from CSU-Global?

Also dfecore, what do you think of the CBE: Race, Class, and Crime
CRJ470EX (3 credits), or Introduction to Forensic Psychology
CRJ325EX (3 credits)?

Yes, TESU accepts CSU-G's CBE's.

Honestly, I have no idea which courses will work for you, I was just giving you some options that I could find that might work. You need to contact TESU to get anything pre approved for that replacement course.
I received some good news today!

"Hello frostedfire

The Ed4Credit course SOC 315: Social Psychology will apply to the remaining 3 credits in the Social Psychology requirement in your Area of Study as the equivalent to the TESU course PSY-237 "

So, for anyone who is doing the Psychology degree through TESU, you can fulfil their 6 credit Social Psychology course with study.com's Social Psychology course (that comes in UL) and Ed4credit Social Psychology course. I hope this helps anyone who might find themselves in the same predicament as I did.
Thanks for the update. I'll update my plan on the wiki page to note this
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(04-03-2017, 10:06 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I think almost every person on this forum who's gotten a Psych degree from TESU has had this issue, and all have been waived and made up for with another UL Psych course.

I am referring to this post made in 2017, to ask if my UL I/O Psychology course cannot be used instead of the second social psychology course?

I am even willing to complete SDC’s Adv social psychology, if TESU agrees to shift that course to the additional electives section. By bringing I/O Psychology in to satisfy the 3 additional credits in the social psychology section, I will have the benefit of having completed 4 upper level courses. I will just need to do one Uexcel or TECEP for the 5th.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(04-03-2017, 10:06 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I think almost every person on this forum who's gotten a Psych degree from TESU has had this issue, and all have been waived and made up for with another UL Psych course.

My degree isn't in psych, it's in social sciences and I wanted credit in social psychology (my favorite psych class), but I took the TESU Social Psychology course from TESU. It's worth 6 credits. I realize it's expensive, but I'm just throwing it out there that it is possible to get 6 credits in social psych.
(12-08-2018, 09:45 PM)cookderosa Wrote:

My degree isn't in psych, it's in social sciences and I wanted credit in social psychology (my favorite psych class), but I took the TESU Social Psychology course from TESU. It's worth 6 credits. I realize it's expensive, but I'm just throwing it out there that it is possible to get 6 credits in social psych.

True. And I think TESU is trying to push everyone in that direction. But my finances are a bit tight at the moment, and I am looking for the least expensive options. If TESU offered a TECEP for social psychology, I might consider.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 11 1,974 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Age waiver question - 18 year old jg_nuy 26 2,045 03-01-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 2,574 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 266 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,155 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP