Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asking for a 3 credit waiver for Social Psychology at TESU?
(12-11-2018, 08:06 PM)Supermind Wrote:
(12-11-2018, 06:43 PM)dfrecore Wrote: You can take any BALS course that's UL for the degree - which Project Management is not (it's a business course, which won't count).

What’s a BALS course? I see there are a variety of fields to choose from. So, any UL credit from one of those fields specified?

Management related courses are part of BALS, right? Although study.com classifies project management as Bud-311, it transfers into TESU as MAN-435. I plan to ask academic advising.

Petty much any GenEd is part of BALS, and management courses typically don't qualify, with a few exceptions where there are overlapping disciplines.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
The only courses that work in Business and BALS are Comm and Psych courses (like I/O Psych, Marketing Communications, Managerial Communications, etc.), and some CIS/COS courses (Management Info Systems for example).

In general though, no MAN, MAR, ACC, FIN courses will work in the BALS.

You can ask about specific courses, but I know for certain Project Management won't work there.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thank you so much. Makes things clear.

But this is only for the AOS, right? There are no restrictions on the free electives, I suppose?
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(12-12-2018, 12:56 AM)Supermind Wrote: Thank you so much. Makes things clear.

But this is only for the AOS, right? There are no restrictions on the free electives, I suppose?

Yes, only for the AOS.  If you want to use business courses in the Free Electives area, feel free.  TBH though, those are usually longer.  I personally wouldn't do much unless you just really enjoyed a subject, or had lots of overlapping courses that made subsequent ones shorter.  Not really a ton of overlap between LL courses (and why would you want to do an UL course if you didn't have to??).
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I am not particular about UL business courses. I would definitely only like lower level courses that are easier to finish. I was just looking at the Saylor TESU equivalency list, and I just need to complete whatever has ACE credit options to ‘fill up’ remaining credits.
https://www.tesu.edu/degree-completion/o...rse-option
What does not make sense is why certain Saylor courses are not mentioned here. For example, I have completed molecular biology, and it has been accepted. Yet, it is not seen on this list.

Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 

(12-12-2018, 02:36 AM)Supermind Wrote: https://www.tesu.edu/degree-completion/o...rse-option
What does not make sense is why certain Saylor courses are not mentioned here. For example, I have completed molecular biology, and it has been accepted. Yet, it is not seen on this list.

TESU doesn't list every course - they only update once in a very great while.  They may not have updated this list ever.  But it doesn't really matter, as they couldn't possibly keep up with every course from every course provider.  Instead, they go by the ACE/NCCRS recommendations, and Molecular Biology is ACE recommended, so that's why they accepted it.
(12-12-2018, 02:36 AM)Supermind Wrote: I am not particular about UL business courses. I would definitely only like lower level courses that are easier to finish. I was just looking at the Saylor TESU equivalency list, and I just need to complete whatever has ACE credit options to ‘fill up’ remaining credits.
https://www.tesu.edu/degree-completion/o...rse-option

Probably because that isn't the Saylor course equivalency list, it is the open coursework list. Those are Saylor courses that are intended to be used for studying for TECEP exams and PLA assessments.

Almost none of Saylor's direct courses are upper level now after the changes that went into effect last summer, and as far as I know, there isn't an officially updated course equivalency list. You can use the ACE recommendation to get an idea of what it should come in as (upper vs lower and how many credits).
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Oh! I see. That link was provided by someone at TESU only. Because the list on the Saylor website shows courses that are not accepted by TESU- even though they are approved by ACE/NCCRS. For example, Intro to Psychology. I have emailed Academic advising for more info.

(12-12-2018, 04:41 AM)Supermind Wrote: Oh! I see. That link was provided by someone at TESU only. Because the list on the Saylor website shows courses that are not accepted by TESU- even though they are approved by ACE/NCCRS. For example, Intro to Psychology. I have emailed Academic advising for more info.

You will get more info here than from Academic Advising.  I'm not sure why you're bothering with them at all.

Saylor's Intro to Psych is ACE recommended for 2cr, it comes in as PSY-101.
Here is the ACE guide for Saylor: http://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseactio...CE=1008220 
Here is the NCCRS guide: http://www.nationalccrs.org/organization...or-academy

It's much easier to learn to look for things yourself than have TESU guide you, they will not be helpful.
(12-12-2018, 04:41 AM)Supermind Wrote: ... the list on the Saylor website shows courses that are not accepted by TESU- even though they are approved by ACE/NCCRS. ...

Where did you get that idea, advising again? Those guys really shouldn't drink and plan.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 11 581 4 hours ago
Last Post: jch
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 6 127 5 hours ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,566 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 615 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 536 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  Age waiver question - 18 year old jg_nuy 27 2,251 04-03-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 275 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,329 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 252 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 402 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM