Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Associate degree from UMPI
I am working on my plan (that you all helped me with!) to start UMPI this summer for a BA in accounting.  It might help on the employment side if I had an associate degree meanwhile. I saw in one of the recent posts that it might work to enroll in UMPI for the BA and then add (?) the associate degree somehow also...

Can any one give me any clarity or direction on this? 

Thanks!
You will unlikely be able to graduate with associates earlier anyway.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
(01-14-2022, 11:11 PM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote: You will unlikely be able to graduate with associates earlier anyway.

Sorry, could you explain that?  If I transfer into UMPI with 90 credits, I will still need to take 13 classes with UMPI for the degree requirements which I think will probably take me three sessions.  Wouldn't I somehow be able to get the associates faster? Am I missing something?
Yes, you can add the AALS as a second program. You need to complete at least 15 credits through them, so it would be 5 courses. If you can finish in 1 term, you would be able to get the AALS as long as those courses are accepted to "complete/finish the AALS". I suggest you focus on your Bachelors, if you need something sooner, maybe apply to get the Pierpont BOG AAS.

For graduation, I don't think they graduate each and every term. What that means is, you may finish your AALS, but can't graduate any faster than when you finish your Bachelors. I don't see a downside, as you can just complete the Bachelors and add the AALS as a second program, then forget it... as all the courses you take will "complete" that Associates without any need for extra courses.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-14-2022, 11:41 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yes, you can add the AALS as a second program.  You need to complete at least 15 credits through them, so it would be 5 courses.  If you can finish in 1 term, you would be able to get the AALS as long as those courses are accepted to "complete/finish the AALS".  I suggest you focus on your Bachelors, if you need something sooner, maybe apply to get the Pierpont BOG AAS.

For graduation, I don't think they graduate each and every term.  What that means is, you may finish your AALS, but can't graduate any faster than when you finish your Bachelors.  I don't see a downside, as you can just complete the Bachelors and add the AALS as a second program, then forget it... as all the courses you take will "complete" that Associates without any need for extra courses.

UMPI graduates students every term. Our degrees are conferred following the last term. Commencement is held once a year. 

Also keep in mind that YourPace doesn't technically have an associate degree. So while yes a handful of people have completed one, it's not the norm. Why not get the Pierpont associate degree? That would be faster than completing the one at UMPI.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Educational Degree Planning Help nhmimi 7 151 3 hours ago
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 35 657 4 hours ago
Last Post: rachel83az
  Path/degree recommendation for a 40 yr old man with no degree Freyo27 1 63 5 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree Planning- MS degree dodek101 8 343 9 hours ago
Last Post: Captainrekt000
  Potential Degree Input, Please curious 4 152 Yesterday, 06:39 AM
Last Post: curious
  Dr Tree Man - BA in Psychology - UMPI YourPace Dr Tree Man 10 209 03-27-2024, 07:24 PM
  DBA degree: online, 2-3 years, top US or UK school, accredited absamer 22 1,484 03-26-2024, 11:54 PM
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 28 1,859 03-26-2024, 06:00 AM
  Masters Degree in Texas Melhux 3 181 03-26-2024, 05:45 AM
  Almost 40 year old with foreign BA in English degree and Santa Monica College Cert KMcLean 12 959 03-25-2024, 08:12 PM