Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Associates Liberal Arts through JST/CLEP/Sophia
Huh If Im seeking my Associates in Liberal Arts and I have enough credit through my JST/CLEP/Sophia to get me most my credits. Will I have a GPA?  I know I still have to do a Cornerstone, literacy and a Capstone.
If you're in the US, you might want to consider https://online.snow.edu/ instead of Excelsior for an associate's degree. At $1743 per semester, finishing your associate in 1 or 2 semesters would still cost less than Excelsior. Snow does accept transfer credits but we don't know which ones they accept and from where.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(10-15-2020, 06:56 AM)rachel83az Wrote: If you're in the US, you might want to consider https://online.snow.edu/ instead of Excelsior for an associate's degree. At $1743 per semester, finishing your associate in 1 or 2 semesters would still cost less than Excelsior. Snow does accept transfer credits but we don't know which ones they accept and from where.

That's very interesting... if they accept sophia.org credits, I'd like to try that.
Not sure if they accept Sophia but it certainly doesn't hurt to ask. They don't limit how many credits you can bring in, either, but they may limit sources.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
I wonder what Snow College out of state tuition rate is
(10-15-2020, 07:49 AM)AUDACITY4U Wrote: I wonder what Snow College out of state tuition rate is

In-state and out-of-state are the same: $1743 per semester. It's the international rate that'll kill you. If you're outside the US, it's $6k+ per semester.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Thank you, I sent them a email. a hour ago.
OP - Wait, hold up. What Cornerstone, Literacy, Capstone are you referring to? And are you still an ACTIVE service member? I would highly check out the COSC Bachelors instead of an Associates degree OR an Excelsior/TESU Bachelors instead if you're still an active member. First thing to do actually is, post all your credits in a reply to this thread...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-18-2020, 01:53 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: OP - Wait, hold up.  What Cornerstone, Literacy, Capstone are you referring to?  And are you still an ACTIVE service member?  I would highly check out the COSC Bachelors instead of an Associates degree OR an Excelsior/TESU Bachelors instead if you're still an active member.  First thing to do actually is, post all your credits in a reply to this thread...

If anyone is military, they should 100% look at TESU.  There is no residency waiver if you take 24cr through TESU (and TECEP's count for residency for military only), no app fee, and it's $250/cr.  You can walk out of there with an AA for $1500, and a BA for $2700 (this is paid to TESU, doesn't count the credits you're bringing in).

If OP wants a degree plan, I'm happy to give one and suggest TECEP's to get the degree done (and free CLEP/DSST's if wanted).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are Arts & Science Electives EHC2110 4 947 11-10-2023, 12:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia Conflict Resolution Haykay 5 1,647 08-06-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Is there anything else I could fill in with Sophia? Vle045 9 2,016 07-16-2023, 09:16 PM
  List of Sophia Classes that count as UL Credit Niketay 2 1,052 07-07-2023, 11:05 AM
  Excelsior University BS in Liberal Arts Upper Credit Transfer Options Niketay 13 2,315 07-05-2023, 10:22 AM
  Need to know what UL credits will work for Liberal Arts degree AnyName 20 3,170 06-25-2023, 11:56 PM
Last Post: Kab
  English Comp Excelsior Sophia joer 17 5,312 04-14-2023, 10:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Arts, Sciences and Applied Prof Electives quetions CM1999 3 514 03-30-2023, 12:00 PM
Last Post: CM1999
  Would not accept any Sophia courses BigJohn1975 4 1,362 02-21-2023, 01:04 PM
  Excelsior Admissions: Clep/Exam Timing & Campus Requirement for International Student shoron 2 714 01-25-2023, 04:58 PM