Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Associates degree and unrelated Bachelor's? (and Grad school enrollment)
There is no cheaper RA school for a masters in psychology than Capella's FlexPath programs. If you make the assumption that a person didn't do his or her research, then you would be wrong. Also, the admissions requirements are different for the FlexPath programs, but they're still open enrollment. In other words, admission is not competitive. You just need to meet the minimum requirements.

Keep in mind that none of the FlexPath programs are designed for licensure. You'll likely end up getting jobs that only require a bachelors in psychology.

No one here is going to know how Capella will deal with no GPA. You have to ask them.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
dfrecore Wrote:I think the OP is planning on going through the Capella FlexPath program for the MS in Psych which is $2400/12-week term. Looks like he/she is hoping to finish the 12 courses in 2-3 terms.

wow that's pretty great!
sanantone Wrote:There is no cheaper RA school for a masters in psychology than Capella's FlexPath programs. If you make the assumption that a person didn't do his or her research, then you would be wrong. Also, the admissions requirements are different for the FlexPath programs, but they're still open enrollment. In other words, admission is not competitive. You just need to meet the minimum requirements.

Keep in mind that none of the FlexPath programs are designed for licensure. You'll likely end up getting jobs that only require a bachelors in psychology.

No one here is going to know how Capella will deal with no GPA. You have to ask them.

Hahaha....and when I wrote that I totally wondered what funny name YOU would give capella.....its almost too bad a school like striperella has some decent programs. Any good is overshadowed by their history......I would still stick them at the bottom of the pile.

Really, it's too bad. I'd drop them just like I'd drop if U if Phallus even without knowing the applicants former employer had a sweetheart deal that actually made going there attractive. Unfortunately schools like this are judged on past actions. ��
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
rebel100 Wrote:Hahaha....and when I wrote that I totally wondered what funny name YOU would give capella.....its almost too bad a school like striperella has some decent programs that would overshadow the result so much I'd stuck them at the bottom of the pile. Really, it's too bad. I'd drop them just like I'd drop if U if Phallus even without knowing the applicants firmer employer gad a sweetheart deal that actually made going there attractive. Unfortunately schools like this are judged on past actions. ��

My nickname for them has been Cahella for a couple of years. It's not as good as University of Penis, University of Phallus, or Deprive University.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:My nickname for them has been Cahella for a couple of years. It's not as good as University of Penis, University of Phallus, or Deprive University.
See, that's so simply stated, Cahella....much better than my feeble attempt.
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
I'm still unsure about the AA. After davewill's post, I have been seriously interested and looking at it in more detail. It's going to be more effort than I thought. One of the factors for me is grades. I feel that I would have a hard time accepting B grades and therefore I would be putting more effort to make an A if possible. I think that future potential employers and schools would see my GPA for the AA degree, and it would look bad having less than an A- from a junior college. This alone makes me wonder about skipping the AA.

Then again, even if I skip the AA degree, these classes could be part of my record, and I'm not sure about getting less than an A- still. I wish I had more money so I could avoid this community college completely, or possibly go to a different one. I actually would enjoy working hard on these classes, but I don't want it to delay my BSBA more. I need to be spending time on studying for the TECEP, getting other exams done, etc.

I wouldn't put lots of extra effort into an associate's, that's for sure. I could have had one at TESU if I cleared one extra course, and didn't bother.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
That AA or AS is just a nice marker of progress. Outside of vocational programs most employers will be unimpressed and the way we do things around here halfway only means 6 more months. I wouldn't stress over it unless you need the motivation of marking 60 credits.
AS in EMS August 2010

I have all the courses for the ASBA and didn't bother adding it to my graduation application. It's a waste of time, effort, and money.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
davewill Wrote:I wouldn't put lots of extra effort into an associate's, that's for sure. I could have had one at TESU if I cleared one extra course, and didn't bother.

I know everyone is jumping on board saying it's a waste. Sure it is normally, but my reason is not for gaining new employment. It's for grad school entrance (in case I don't go to Capella, which has a bad reputation) since my Bachelor's would not be in the same field.

Also, I think it might help increase my income for 1-2 years at current employer (but it's not too likely) or help me financially in another specific way.

However, it's probably not worth it anyway, for me, because this could slow me down by 2 months.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,613 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,457 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 482 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 436 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 251 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 772 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Metropolia Open UAS Failed Enrollment? MissRN 9 861 02-05-2024, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Tomas
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,179 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  College enrollment rises after pandemic lull LevelUP 0 178 01-25-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 199 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP