Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Associates from one/Bachelor's from Another
I didn't bother with the FEMA IS courses, since they didn't matter for any degree.

COSC: you have 52cr completed, and 12 to go (~ $1,800)
- English Comp II/Technical Writing if they won't accept Shmoop's Professional Writing there
- Speech
- a second Science course
- the cornerstone

EC: you have 52r completed, and 8 to go (~$3,300)
- any Arts & Sciences course (Gen Ed)
- Info Lit
- any Applied Professional or Arts & Sciences course (Gen Ed or Business)
- Capstone course

TESU: you have 25cr completed, and 36 to go (~ $3,400).
- English Comp II
- Speech
- World Religions or A&I Lit
- Sociology or Anthropology
- American Govt/Comparative Politics
- 3 additional Gen Ed's
- 4 additional Free Electives

I would definitely go with COSC, as it's the cheapest and you need the fewest credits.  I would probably sign up for Study.com and do English Comp II, Public Speaking, and a Natural Science course all in 1 month.  $270, although I think you can get a 20% off discount from someone on the forum who can give you a referral code.  So $40 off makes it $230.  Those courses will all work at any of the Big 3 for a Bachelor's degree as well, so it's not wasted time or money.

If money is an issue, you can take the Speech DSST exam, and then use Modern States to study for and get the English Comp II CLEP (College Comp w/Essay) and Biology, Natural Sciences, or Chemistry CLEP for free.  But I think it would be a lot easier to just do Study.com.

Attached Files
.xlsx   elbebopkid EC AA in Lib Arts.xlsx (Size: 13.72 KB / Downloads: 2)
.xlsx   elbebopkid COSC AA.xlsx (Size: 53.33 KB / Downloads: 4)
.xlsx   elbebopkid TESU AA.xlsx (Size: 26.27 KB / Downloads: 0)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I can probably use Straighterline and knock out English Comp II and the speech class easy, since I've got an account already and am familiar with the system. Can do Physics at Shmoop at no additional cost since I still have an active account for a few weeks, if that will satsify the second natural science.

COSC is the one I had my eye on from the beginning. I like what I've read on here about their customer service, and that it's a state college (unlike EC) accredited by the same body as Havard, Yale and MIT. I figure if any potential employers have questions about the validity of the college/degree, those are easy answers. If it ends up being the cheapest as well - that's icing on the cake!
At my age/experience level, it's a lot more about checking off the degree box requirement that could prevent me from being considered for jobs, rather than thinking the degree alone will get me a job. Also, lack of degree has bothered me for years. Always felt like unfinished business.

Oh, and by the way, thankyou for putting together those spreadsheets! I keep going back and forth between scribbles on a post-it and COSC/EC webpages. That's so much easier!
(05-30-2018, 02:01 PM)elbebopkid Wrote: I can probably use Straighterline and knock out English Comp II and the speech class easy, since I've got an account already and am familiar with the system. Can do Physics at Shmoop at no additional cost since I still have an active account for a few weeks, if that will satsify the second natural science.

COSC is the one I had my eye on from the beginning. I like what I've read on here about their customer service, and that it's a state college (unlike EC) accredited by the same body as Havard, Yale and MIT. I figure if any potential employers have questions about the validity of the college/degree, those are easy answers. If it ends up being the cheapest as well - that's icing on the cake!
At my age/experience level, it's a lot more about checking off the degree box requirement that could prevent me from being considered for jobs, rather than thinking the degree alone will get me a job. Also, lack of degree has bothered me for years. Always felt like unfinished business.

Oh, and by the way, thankyou for putting together those spreadsheets! I keep going back and forth between scribbles on a post-it and COSC/EC webpages. That's so much easier!

I would do it the way you stated then. 

All of the Big 3 are RA (regionally accredited) schools, and TESU and COSC are State schools, while EC is a not-for-profit (used to be a state school).  They all 3 would be just fine to get your degree from, and if it's a check-the-box degree, then by all means, get the fastest/cheapest one.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
After mulling it over, I said the heck with it and am just going to shoot for the whole bachelor's. It seems the best value for effort/money. I'm petitioning COSC to allow me an individualized concentration in Communication/Marketing, as I work in this field, and the courses would be "easiest" with my prexisting knowledge.
I plan on using Study.com for all the upper level communication and marketing credits.

Anyone got experience with individualized studies with COSC?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,678 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
Exclamation 2018/2019 Updated Associates Degree Plan Options?! Mikele8 10 2,926 08-23-2018, 09:47 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
Question Can I send CLEP/DSST scores for 2 Bachelor Degrees? elenlushk 3 1,819 08-16-2018, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Criminal Justice Associates? Mab81 5 1,761 08-13-2018, 04:21 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Second Bachelor BALS with concentration with the 24 new credits rule posabsolute 1 1,375 07-22-2018, 11:30 PM
  Cost for an Associates Mitchmcc 3 1,352 05-31-2018, 05:12 PM
  Need Help - Bachelor’s Degree BSBRose21 2 2,958 05-04-2018, 10:40 AM
  Please help with second Bachelor's degree. URGENT PLEASE! drashrafaziz 19 3,333 02-25-2018, 12:09 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Almost done, last 10% of bachelor's CamXoai 14 2,964 01-15-2018, 12:08 PM
  Excelsior 117 Transfer Bachelor Option harrypotter 2 1,515 01-11-2018, 11:17 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning