Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Athabasca University has an online DBA for 21 credits.
https://www.athabascau.ca/programs/summa...istration/

dunno, thought i share. never seen a DBA that needs only 21 credits.

You'll need a masters for entry though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nyvrem's post:
  • Pikachu
https://business.athabascau.ca/online-pr...ration.php

Total cost is around $60k (Canadian, I presume). That's around $48kUSD. Seems pretty reasonable for a doctorate.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Pikachu
Most DBA programs require a master's to get into the program. No financial aid for US students and there are many less expensive options for US students in the US. And by financial aid, I mean student loans. There aren't federal grants beyond a bachelor's degree which is odd since so many careers require a master's degree or doctorate. It's still a minimum of 3 years for only 21 credits which seems a bit odd. It also requires a one week on site residency every year for the first 3 years. The application fee is really high. There's a program admission fee (haven't seen one of these in ages) and it's quite a chunk of change. They have all kinds of fees tacked on too. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Pikachu
It looks like they're using a cohort model as there's only one admission (Sept) per year.  If you're considering this program you shouldn't delay your application as the deadline is in March.
they also have an EdD for 18 credits

https://www.athabascau.ca/programs/summa...education/
[-] The following 1 user Likes nyvrem's post:
  • Pikachu
(01-23-2021, 12:17 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Most DBA programs require a master's to get into the program. No financial aid for US students and there are many less expensive options for US students in the US. And by financial aid, I mean student loans. There aren't federal grants beyond a bachelor's degree which is odd since so many careers require a master's degree or doctorate. It's still a minimum of 3 years for only 21 credits which seems a bit odd. It also requires a one week on site residency every year for the first 3 years. The application fee is really high. There's a program admission fee (haven't seen one of these in ages) and it's quite a chunk of change. They have all kinds of fees tacked on too. 

The whole thing is odd. The price. The timetables. The fee structure. The credit amounts. None of it sits right with me. 

The EdD in Distance Education sounds like it could be a fun program, but the setup looks really strange. There are cheaper options for a Doctorate that make much better sense on a number of levels.
(01-24-2021, 04:37 AM)eLearner Wrote:
(01-23-2021, 12:17 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Most DBA programs require a master's to get into the program. No financial aid for US students and there are many less expensive options for US students in the US. And by financial aid, I mean student loans. There aren't federal grants beyond a bachelor's degree which is odd since so many careers require a master's degree or doctorate. It's still a minimum of 3 years for only 21 credits which seems a bit odd. It also requires a one week on site residency every year for the first 3 years. The application fee is really high. There's a program admission fee (haven't seen one of these in ages) and it's quite a chunk of change. They have all kinds of fees tacked on too. 

The whole thing is odd. The price. The timetables. The fee structure. The credit amounts. None of it sits right with me. 

The EdD in Distance Education sounds like it could be a fun program, but the setup looks really strange. There are cheaper options for a Doctorate that make much better sense on a number of levels.

What options off the top of ur head could u list that are cheaper?
(01-24-2021, 08:13 AM)Sdmj33 Wrote:
(01-24-2021, 04:37 AM)eLearner Wrote:

What options off the top of ur head could u list that are cheaper?

I can list'em, but you're probably not gonna like'em ;-)

- Virginia University of Lynchburg

- Practically the entirety of the DEAC schools

- Pretty much any EU school

- A number of UK schools like Teeside University, but expect a lot of higher "international pricing" to be common. However, even with that the tuition is usually still a lot cheaper than any RA schools in the United States.

Not all DBAs or EdDs of course, but much cheaper Doctorates are available in those places.
https://www.ucumberlands.edu/academics/graduate/programs/doctor-business-administration $500 per credit x 66 credits = $33,000

They also accept up to 18 transfer credits so if you have an MBA or master's in something related to business, you're going to transfer in some credit.

Lots of DBA options out there and most are cheaper than this program. One I love that isn't is from JWU which is a well known school in the US and around the world. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Pikachu

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gardner-Webb University: 10-12 month online MBA? PaperAssistant 7 163 7 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 9 697 Yesterday, 11:46 AM
Last Post: MichiganMax
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 22 1,811 04-15-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: klone
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,093 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  Graduate Schools that accept the most transfer credits sanantone 66 15,878 04-09-2024, 03:21 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 27 17,577 04-07-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: David1477
  Fitchburg State University - MBA in Finance Spaceghost 7 492 04-06-2024, 01:04 PM
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,288 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  New Zealand Online Degrees doyouhowdo1 1 334 03-31-2024, 10:46 AM
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 365 03-28-2024, 12:40 AM