Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attention Excelsior Business Majors!
OK all of you business majors, I need a favor....

Can you list and suggest the [SIZE="3"]TOP SIX [/SIZE]Clep/Dantes exams in order of [SIZE="3"]EASE, OVERLAP, and Non-DUPLICATION.

Please keep in mind that I HATE MATH :mad: too![/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"]THANKS!![/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]CLEP Exams[/SIZE]
Principles of Management
Financial Accounting
Introductory Business Law
Info Systems & Computer Applications
Principles of Marketing (DONE ALREADY)

[SIZE="3"]DANTES Exams[/SIZE]
Principles of Supervision
Principles of Finance
Principles of Financial Accounting
Introduction to Business
Personal Finance,
Organizational Behavior
Money and Banking
Human Resource Management
Introduction to Computing
Management Info Systems
Business Law II
Business Math (CRAP NO)
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
These were among the easiest exams for me.

Principles of Management
Organizational Behavior
Introduction to Business

The first four tests have considerable overlap and the last two are common sense and very easy to study for. Good luck!

Farmerboy
Finished in December, 2008 with my BSBA from TESC

Current events dialogue @SamRust on Twitter
Farmerboy Wrote:These were among the easiest exams for me.

Principles of Management
Organizational Behavior
Introduction to Business

The first four tests have considerable overlap and the last two are common sense and very easy to study for. Good luck!

Farmerboy

[COLOR="Navy"]Thanks!!

Now all I have to do is find study material for the DANTES exams as REA covers most of the CLEP exams.[/COLOR]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
DSST Study Guide:

http://www.petersons.com/pdf/free/DSST.pdf

-Intro to Business
-Personal Finance
-Human Resources Management
-Organizational Behavior
-Financial Accounting
-Principles of Supervision
-Business Math
-Ethics in America

I'd have to say the Principles of Management, Intro to Business, Principles of Supervision, Human Resources Management, and Organizational Behavior all have a lot of overlap. For something easy, I'd say toss in Personal Finance on top of those others.
[SIZE="1"]CLEP exams passed:
Management, Accounting, Marketing, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics

DSST exams passed:
Human Resources Management, Organizational Behavior, Statistics, Management Information Systems

Earned:
B.A. in Business Administration: Technology Management from Saint Leo University

M.S. in Leadership: Business Ethics from Duquesne University [/SIZE]
Old Rusty Pipe Wrote:I'd have to say the Principles of Management, Intro to Business, Principles of Supervision, Human Resources Management, and Organizational Behavior all have a lot of overlap. For something easy, I'd say toss in Personal Finance on top of those others.

I agree with your recommendations Old Rusty Pipe. Those first five exams are the ones I would take if I were in Shoto's shoes. They have a lot of overlap, and are relatively easy to prepare for (especially with the Official DSST book in addition to IC).

However, I don't think Personal Finance is counted as business credit. I am almost certain that it falls under Applied Professional. So I would probably substitute that sixth exam with something like CLEP Info Sys or DSST Intro to Computing, or even CLEP Introductory Business Law (Note: some have struggled with this exam, but others found it to be quite straightforward).

Hope we're helping you narrow it down Shoto,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
If Personal Finance did not count, I'd tend to favor Info Systems. I work on electronics everyday though. I find that kind of stuff second-nature at this point. You may find Business Law easier. Like many things the difficulty of that exam seems to vary from person to person.

Though if you were to do Info Systems, it would set you up nicely to also take Intro to Computing and Managment Info Systems. If you think you'll need either of those later on, you may want to knock out Info Systems. You'd be more familiar with the material later.
[SIZE="1"]CLEP exams passed:
Management, Accounting, Marketing, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics

DSST exams passed:
Human Resources Management, Organizational Behavior, Statistics, Management Information Systems

Earned:
B.A. in Business Administration: Technology Management from Saint Leo University

M.S. in Leadership: Business Ethics from Duquesne University [/SIZE]
I am looking in the excelsior business degrees book and the following say not required for an associates degree.

Business policy & strategy ( of course)
ethics
financial management
organizational behavior
production/ops mgmt (again of course)

In the book the following are the core requirements & business electives to total 21 credits.
financial accounting
managerial accounting
into to business law
computers
principles of management
principles of marketing
business electives

So you may want to not take the not required courses so you don't take extras. I know that my business math course transferred in as an elective and not a business course. You also need math at level of precalc or above, statistics, microeconomics, and macroeconomics if you didn't need them before. Also, can you not just get a second bachelors in business instead of the associates?

Hope this helps you.
Judy -
AS - Computer Science - Andover college
BS - Mgmt Information Systems -June 08
MS - Info Systems Mgmt - Start Aug 08 - UMBC
ShotoJuku Wrote:[COLOR="Navy"]Thanks!!

Now all I have to do is find study material for the DANTES exams as REA covers most of the CLEP exams.[/COLOR]

These fact sheets are endorsed by Prometric and have a list of resources for each test. I would usually get the first one on the list.

The DSST Program : Military

Hope this helps!

Farmerboy
Finished in December, 2008 with my BSBA from TESC

Current events dialogue @SamRust on Twitter
I am finishing up on my first BS in criminal justice. I have a strange inclination to get a 2nd BS in business. Any thoughts? How many credits do I need to do this?

Anyone? Would I be better getting an MBA?
ImustStudy
----------------------------------------
A.S. Liberal Arts- Excelsior College 2007
B.S. Criminal Justice- Excelsior College 2008
M.B.A.- California Coast University 2012
EdS- Liberty University 2014
EdD- Liberty University 2016

Miscellaneous graduate coursework from University of The Rockies and California InterContinental University (that did me absolutely NO GOOD whatsoever)
ImustStudy Wrote:I am finishing up on my first BS in criminal justice. I have a strange inclination to get a 2nd BS in business. Any thoughts? How many credits do I need to do this?

Anyone? Would I be better getting an MBA?

ImustStudy,

To earn a second degree, you would need 30 NEW credits beyond those credits already transcripted as part of your first degree. Also, you would need to ensure that you have fulfilled each and every requirement of your second major.

Brainstorming an MBA....

An MBA usually requires the completion of 30 (or more) graduate-level credits. Graduate credits cannot generally be tested out of by exams. Graduate credits are usually more expensive than undergrad credits. Earning an MBA would show upward educational momentum on your resume. An MBA obviously carries more prestige than a Bachelors in Business. Most MBA programs require several core business credits be completed at the undergrad level prior to beginning the MBA.

Hope that helps,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,618 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Excelsior HR Degree Progress glgamerica 6 1,801 07-31-2018, 10:44 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,131 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 1,795 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,852 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Test Out Business Degree plan Bk2Skool 13 4,610 07-23-2018, 06:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 1 1,264 07-20-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  Business Degree and Dental School Flowers12 6 2,404 07-19-2018, 03:12 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 0 943 07-19-2018, 02:06 PM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  Enrolled in the Business Capstone course for the July Term. Anybody else? camjenks 25 4,901 07-16-2018, 02:18 PM
Last Post: keokat