Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aviation & Electronic Schools of America? (AESA)
Hello!

I am in the Air Force stationed at Travis. There have been e-mails sent out by AESA's president, Jim Doyle. They offer an AAS in Computer Science, and the majority of the classes grant you licenses on top of college credit, such as FCC Radar Endorsement, A+ Certification, etc.

He claims to have traveled around various military bases, teaching hundreds... Funny thing is, I can't find any information on him besides his own website and a few directory listings.

I know pursuing a degree with a non-regionally accredited school may be foolish, but I am starting his FCC Radar class next week, and TA covered all of it. I'd just like my A+ certification really, and he offers training for that as well.

Has anybody heard anything about him? I'm new to college stuff, so if anybody is kind enough to do some research, I'd be very grateful. Thank you so much!

Aviation & Electronic Schools of America
From what I understand, if a school claims to be a real school, it must have a .edu in its address.
bababooey Wrote:From what I understand, if a school claims to be a real school, it must have a .edu in its address.

Very good point... can't believe I overlooked that.
LANIER Wrote:Hello!

I am in the Air Force stationed at Travis. There have been e-mails sent out by AESA's president, Jim Doyle. They offer an AAS in Computer Science, and the majority of the classes grant you licenses on top of college credit, such as FCC Radar Endorsement, A+ Certification, etc.

He claims to have traveled around various military bases, teaching hundreds... Funny thing is, I can't find any information on him besides his own website and a few directory listings.

I know pursuing a degree with a non-regionally accredited school may be foolish, but I am starting his FCC Radar class next week, and TA covered all of it. I'd just like my A+ certification really, and he offers training for that as well.

Has anybody heard anything about him? I'm new to college stuff, so if anybody is kind enough to do some research, I'd be very grateful. Thank you so much!

Aviation & Electronic Schools of America

First. Travis, over in Fairfield area is a nice area. Hope you are enjoying that area

Second. Jim Doyle is no liar. But, there are a few things you should consider.

These guys have traveled up and down the west coast providing technical qualifications in areas like Fiber Optic Repair, and various other areas in technology. I didnt complete their course because of deployment capability didnt allow the kind of time needed to complete their course in Fiber Optics.

There course was spectacular and if I could have I would have taken it and TA would have fit the bill. They set there courses up by the hours because so much classrom time is required for TA courses and they usually are good for military members stationed in one area who have the time and wont be deploying and need the "Technical Certification" which requires hours.

For my Associates I would not have gone through them degree I would have gone( and did) elsewhere. Its too intensive to go through a program thats not going to be on par with all other nationwide schools.

My recommendation. If they have ACE evaluated courses transfer them to the school you search out to complete your degree in while obtaining certification from them. Or talk with their advisors to find out if they transfer to California State schools. If they dont you wont get very far with any school outside of California either.

All the best. And hope you can make the best use of your time.
Cool

[SIZE="2"]TESC-AS: Electronic Systems
TESC-BA: History
Phoenix College-MBA: Masters of Business Administration
Keller Graduate School-MISM: Masters of Information Systems Management
[/SIZE]

"There's always something waiting at the end of the road. If you're not willing to see what it is; you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place."

[SIZE="1"]Cleps/DSST Failed:
Intro to Psychology 45/46, Chemistry 47/50
Cleps/DSST Passed:
Analyzing/Interp Lit 48/47, Intro to Computing 64/47
Business Law 53/50, English Comp w Essay 54/50
College Mathematics 54/50, MIS 445/400
Biology 56/50, Technical Writing 59/46
Sociology 67/50, World Religions 445/400
Intro Middle East 51/47 Environment/Humanity 51/46
Human/GrowDevelop 65/50 Educational Psych 55/50
Ethics 460/400 Vietnam War 64/44
Civil War/Recon 56/47 Western Europe 59/45
US History 1 59/50 US History 2 61/50
Western Civ 2 56/50

ALEKS
Intro to Stats
Intermediate Algebra
College Algebra w Trig
PreCalculus[/SIZE]
I did the AESA thing in WA. I have the General Radiotelephone Operator License w/ Ship RADAR Endorsement and I did the Basic and Advanced Fiber Optic Courses as well. Three thing to keep in mind: Regionally accredited, ACE evaluated and does the college of your choice in the future accept these credits? Excelsior said NO. I also have three other FCC licenses.
BA Liberal Arts in 2014 from Excelsior College. (Took 25 tests)
Certificate in Writing in 2018 from University of Washington.
Current: MA in Humanities from American Public University.
Have 180 hour TEFL/TESOL Advanced Cert from TEFL HERO.
Member of World Genius Directory. IQ 148 SD 15/IQ 151 SD 16.
Hi,

I don't know whether or not the school is accredited however, my husband attended this school in 2002 and received his certificate for the training. He went and tested for his FAA Certification and passed on the first try. He said it helped him a lot. I don't think this school is an actual college or anything like that. I think what they do is, if you already have experience in the military as a powerplant repairer or an airframe mechanic, they teach you what you need to know in order to pass the FAA test. I can't vouch for who they are or their accreditation but it did help my husband.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best schools with online programs for Active Duty military ddwyer44 11 2,630 11-01-2014, 12:48 PM
Last Post: defscarlett
  Ethics in America jonvon2 11 3,937 09-06-2013, 04:51 PM
Last Post: quasarvs
  TESC Management Degree/Aviation Maintenance Degree jeff080 4 1,338 02-03-2013, 09:02 PM
Last Post: jeff080
  Ethics in America matthesf 7 1,407 12-13-2011, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Timothy8
  Army Aviation Warrant Officer transfer credits? gshelley61 9 6,973 10-03-2011, 08:50 PM
Last Post: gshelley61
  OCS and Big 3 Schools mightymouse 3 1,585 10-04-2009, 08:18 PM
Last Post: nj593
  Waiver of application fee for grad schools creationstory 0 4,824 05-18-2009, 05:51 AM
Last Post: creationstory