Engl 1101 - 3 - 1A, 1D
Engl 1102 - 3 - 1B, 2C, 4B
Intro to computing (we learned C++) - 3 - FREE ELECTIVE
Appreciation of dramatic art - 3 - 2E
Analytical geometry & calc w/ diff calc lab - 4 - 3A, 3B
Linguistics study of language - 3 - FREE ELECTIVE
Comm human soc (speech comm 1010) - 3 - 1C
Logic & critical thinking - 3 - 2A

Here's where you figure out where things fit: http://catalog.umpi.edu/content.php?cato...curriculum
Yes I’ve been using that but was hoping for confirmation — thanks so much!
I'm working hard on this at the same time as working hard not to be obnoxious here on the forum! Thanks so much for y'all's help so far.

I think I have the GEC planned out for UMPI. What do you think? The ones with the * I will need to complete, and they're listed below by the provider.

1A 3 WAYCROSS ENG COMP I
1B 3 WAYCROSS ENG COMP II
1C 3 WAYCROSS American Govt
1D English Composition I (Duplicate)
2A 3 UGA Logic & Critical Thinking
2B WAYCROSS Intro to Sociology (duplicate)
2C WAYCROSS English Composition II (Duplicate)
2D 3 *UMPI ART235 Video Production
2E 3 UGA Appreciation of Dramatic Art
3A 3 UGA Calc w/ lab
3B UGA Calc w/ lab (duplicate)
3C 4 *Study.com Biology 101L
3D 3 *UMPI? Environmental Science
3E Biology 101L (Duplicate)
4A *(Orientation course on YourPace's learning platform is taken for no credit)
4B English Composition II (Duplicate)
4C 3 *Sophia Intro to Ethics
5A 3 WAYCROSS Introduction to Sociology
5B 3 *Sophia US History II
5C 3 WAYCROSS SPANISH I
5D Intro to Ethics (Duplicate) or Ancient Greek Philosophers
5E WAYCROSS American Government (duplicate)

At Sophia:
US History II
Intro to Ethics

At SDC:
Bio w/ lab

UMPI:
ART 235 - unknown if there's an alternate credit source for this; also it is part of the PCJ minor.
Environmental Science - was thinking only if I needed more credits to take at UMPI as part of the 30.
--------------------------------------------------

Next, I would much appreciate some guidance here...

THIS IS NOT MANDATORY but something I'm very interested in/think would boost the BLS, and if I have to take a minimum of 24 UL credits and the management major only has 2...why not try for another minor? I'm trying to coordinate whether I can do a minor in Management *and* ask for permission to get an addt'l minor in Pro. Comm. & Journalism. I'm not sure, though, if it should be the other way around -- ask for permission to get the PCJ minor as my primary and then ask if I can tack on Management after? There is one course that overlaps with the Management minor, PCJ215, which I intend to transfer in COM120 from SDC. The majority of the Management minor can be completed on SDC as well, though. The courses offered for PCJ are super relevant to what I'm doing now and what I'm interested in continuing to do in my career path.

(On a far side note, as a distant consideration, it would appear that the Business Administration minor *is* now allowed to be added to the BLS Mgmt? There is just the one course overlap with the Mgmt minor -- plus one overlap with the PCJ -- and the rest could be done mostly Sophia and one at SDC. Thoughts on this too?)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

As I am trying to work it out and decide...

I find myself possibly confused on the residency 30 credits and the required UL ones. Let's say my goal is to follow bcheung77's overlap idea for the BLS Mgmt/MIS/PM and end up with only 10 courses to take at UMPI. His plan has 5 UL courses, 5 LL courses, to be taken at UMPI. I know that UMPI requires 30 credits minimum to be taken with them. And I know the BLS requires 24 UL credits to graduate...are these *outside* of the UL in the minor(s)? I believe the Mgmt minor has 6 UL credits required and the PCJ has 3 UL credits in the required plus capstone. That would put me at 10 UL credits. Would I need 14 more or 24 more outside of that? (PCJ also has the option to obtain up to 9 more UL credits in their "choose 3 courses" portion.)

I am using the search and the wiki like crazy, and now just hoping to find more clarity for my situation.

Thanks again in advance!
(10-16-2022, 03:15 PM)Slammyelis Wrote: I know that UMPI requires 30 credits minimum to be taken with them. And I know the BLS requires 24 UL credits to graduate...are these *outside* of the UL in the minor(s)?

Yes, you need 24 upper-level credits outside the minor: https://www.umpi.edu/files/academics/pro...es_BLS.pdf
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
(10-16-2022, 03:46 PM)carrythenothing Wrote:
(10-16-2022, 03:15 PM)Slammyelis Wrote: I know that UMPI requires 30 credits minimum to be taken with them. And I know the BLS requires 24 UL credits to graduate...are these *outside* of the UL in the minor(s)?

Yes, you need 24 upper-level credits outside the minor: https://www.umpi.edu/files/academics/pro...es_BLS.pdf

Right, so then I should be able to do a second minor within those 24, correct? I'd transfer in the 6 UL credits for Mgmt from SDC to complete that minor, and then use the leftovers to "add on" the PCJ and/or BA minor. Plus more, because I think I'd only "need" 7 UL credits (2 classes and a capstone) for the PCJ and BA at UMPI, so I'd be looking at adding an additional 6 UL credits to complete the majority of 24 (13 in this example).

I think this works and I'm overthinking it right now.  Huh Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 34 2,163 Yesterday, 05:21 AM
Last Post: ASenna
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 1,902 Yesterday, 12:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,106 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK
  UMPI BLS Degree planning advice, need help huiwh1998 16 534 04-08-2024, 11:27 AM
  Degree planning advice, fastest way, need help Bikingrox211 19 1,300 04-06-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Bikingrox211
  Educational Degree Planning Help nhmimi 10 386 03-29-2024, 01:55 PM
  Degree Planning- MS degree dodek101 8 466 03-28-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Captainrekt000
Big Grin Degree Planning - Longtime listener, first time caller Wiser Indigenous 10 952 03-17-2024, 01:15 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
Big Grin Degree Planning Advice - Pierpont to UMPI or WGU ElBert 11 658 03-11-2024, 07:02 PM
  Bobsleigh - Degree Planning Advice - Help Please Bobsleigh 44 3,369 03-01-2024, 08:16 PM
Last Post: Bobsleigh