Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BA Biz HR and maybe…psych? Planning help
TESU has extra accreditation for the BsBA. Also EC has accreditation. UMPI has no business accreditation as far as I know, only RA.
This should help in your future plans and to get into an MBA.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kab's post:
  • Slammyelis
(05-12-2022, 11:57 PM)Kab Wrote: TESU has extra accreditation for the BsBA. Also EC has accreditation. UMPI  has no business accreditation as far as I know, only RA.

Depending on MBA plans the business program accreditation doesn't matter. I'm in an MBA program and had no problem getting into it. I'm not worrying about the business program accreditations because I'm not looking to teach. Many companies don't care about them. When one has years of work experience those things are also meaningless unless you want to become a professor.

(05-12-2022, 11:04 PM)Slammyelis Wrote: This is super helpful and timely. I was just re-evaluating my goals and what's available based on what I'm reading on this forum. I am leaning towards where you got to -- the business degree in order to be able to choose to pursue an MBA as I edge my way into upper management. If executive is where I'd wanna end up...the MBA is a no brainer! (Also the D grades at TESU thing is interesting but gets me really nowhere I'd need to be anyway, and it's maybe 6 credits so not worth TESU just for that.)

And for an MBA, I'd need the BABA vs the BLS - Mgmt because the BA is IN business with a major in management whereas the BLS is IN liberal studies with management concentration, right? (Forgive me; when I went to school in the States I never once looked into liberal studies degrees or maybe even heard of them (not sure my school/s had them?) -- I was supposed to go into medicine. HA!) Also I just went to look at the courses required and I think that validates this statement. Smile

Working on my spreadsheet for UMPI!! To be continued...

I applied to an MBA program with my BLS from UMPI and was accepted no problem. WGU accepts students into their MBA program who don't have a bachelor's in business. So does Amberton. MBA isn't the only degree to consider. A master's in management & leadership is another option. UMPI has an MAOL and WGU has an MSML. Lots of options once you have a bachelor's degree. I have friends who have bachelor's in IT, CS, and a variety of humanities who earned an MBA.
Amberton University: 
MBA - Began 2022

University of Maine at Presque Isle (UMPI): 
BLS with Management Information Systems, Project Management, and Management Minors - Graduated 2021
BA Business Administration with Marketing Concentration - Graduated 2022

(05-13-2022, 03:38 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(05-12-2022, 11:57 PM)Kab Wrote: TESU has extra accreditation for the BsBA. Also EC has accreditation. UMPI  has no business accreditation as far as I know, only RA.

Depending on MBA plans the business program accreditation doesn't matter. I'm in an MBA program and had no problem getting into it. I'm not worrying about the business program accreditations because I'm not looking to teach. Many companies don't care about them. When one has years of work experience those things are also meaningless unless you want to become a professor.

(05-12-2022, 11:04 PM)Slammyelis Wrote: This is super helpful and timely. I was just re-evaluating my goals and what's available based on what I'm reading on this forum. I am leaning towards where you got to -- the business degree in order to be able to choose to pursue an MBA as I edge my way into upper management. If executive is where I'd wanna end up...the MBA is a no brainer! (Also the D grades at TESU thing is interesting but gets me really nowhere I'd need to be anyway, and it's maybe 6 credits so not worth TESU just for that.)

And for an MBA, I'd need the BABA vs the BLS - Mgmt because the BA is IN business with a major in management whereas the BLS is IN liberal studies with management concentration, right? (Forgive me; when I went to school in the States I never once looked into liberal studies degrees or maybe even heard of them (not sure my school/s had them?) -- I was supposed to go into medicine. HA!) Also I just went to look at the courses required and I think that validates this statement. Smile

Working on my spreadsheet for UMPI!! To be continued...

I applied to an MBA program with my BLS from UMPI and was accepted no problem. WGU accepts students into their MBA program who don't have a bachelor's in business. So does Amberton. MBA isn't the only degree to consider. A master's in management & leadership is another option. UMPI has an MAOL and WGU has an MSML. Lots of options once you have a bachelor's degree. I have friends who have bachelor's in IT, CS, and a variety of humanities who earned an MBA.

I, too, am not looking to teach! Haha. Thank you! I found your UMPI BLS degree plan. I think what I like most is the flexibility that it appears to have (I think I saw 30+ credits of "whatever you want")...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slammyelis's post:
  • ss20ts

TESU's business program has the ACBSP accreditation - 2nd tier (AACSB is the highest and best).  EC's business program has IACBE, which I've never seen anyone mention - it is practically worthless.  I'd put it on par with UMPI's business program accreditation, which is zero.

The main things I ever see are AACSB MBA programs, which may require an AACSB business degree, or will take an ACBSP business degree and then add 1-3 courses you need to take first; these are VERY competitive programs, and you can't get in without a bachelor's in business.  Then, there's the AACSB MBA programs that want an AACSB or ACBSP business degree, or else will make you take 1-3 courses to get in.  But the vast majority of MBA programs will take any type of bachelor's degree, but if you don't have a business degree you'll have pre-reqs to get in (like Stats, Accounting, Finance, etc.).

So for most people, get whatever degree you want, and then get into the MBA program that will accept you.  Accreditation is not important for 99% of people.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • jsd

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Guidance in Degree Planning Needed for A new resident in USA rkotak2 20 556 6 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  need help with degree planning for son for Bachelor's in Business Admin or Finance EducationSeeker 55 1,330 06-23-2022, 07:21 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  seeking degree planning advice in Cybersecurity Bachelors for High School Student EducationSeeker 22 849 06-12-2022, 02:34 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree Planning from scratch for late career software engineer christinadq 22 648 06-07-2022, 01:58 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Need help Planning Computer Science Degree coryjunior19 12 397 05-29-2022, 02:39 PM
  Need Help With Degree Planning ErGoAZTuck 11 360 05-17-2022, 04:22 PM
  Free Degree Planning Class & Degree Plans dragonwolf 6 436 05-14-2022, 09:42 PM
Last Post: dragonwolf
  TESU transfer credits and degree planning questions Amberlinjeanne 7 261 05-07-2022, 10:00 PM
Wink Degree Planning Advice Lawmedic2824 11 468 05-07-2022, 09:47 PM
  need degree planning help indigoshuffle 4 215 05-06-2022, 12:46 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle