Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BA Blues
Hello, (this is my 1st post so bear with me).

I recently graduated with a bachelor's degree and applied to medical school.
I received a call back telling me that I can not be accepted because I the school I went to was only nationally accredited and not regionally accredited:mad: .
Needless to say i was and still am upset that I never knew about the difference between accreditations. The medical school said they were impressed with me but can not accept me unless I have a regional BA.
Reading up on the forum I have formulated several plans but would appreciate your input.

Plan #1: Earn 120 credits

I have 40 cr from a regionally accredited college. Take 35 Fema credits, 16 NYU Language credits, 6 Eng Clep. A total of 97 +?? credits.

Plan #2: Portfolio Assesment

Have my studies at the nationally accredited college evaluated and earn my degree. Not sure how good this option is considering I need my degree by Aug.

Possible plan #3 (hybrid of plan 1 and 2):

Use the portfolio assessment to complete the 23 credits that I still need to complete. This helps me because I do not have many upper level credits and my credits would be evaluated as upper level.

I have been amazed with what some of you have come up with and would appreciate any help
One more point I still need to earn 1 more credit in either computers or math
and would like to know the simplest way to earn the credit
[SIZE="2"]What school did you graduate from?? Depending on which, you may be able to have your credits accepted at an RA school.[/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
The schhol I am applying to is pretty strict, they told me that they would not honor any credits obtained through a nationally accredited college, even if it is transfered to a regionally accredited college.
Which school did you graduate from?
what about the GRE? You can get up to 30 credits I think with the one test.
TESC BA Social Sciences (Completed Feb 09)
Up next: Masters In Education/Adult Education and Training
25 Fema Credits -done Big Grin
Cleps taken:
Human Growth & Dev - passed
Intro to Ed Psych - passed
Sociology - passed
Analyz & Int Lit-passed
English w/essay-passed
Princ of Acct-passed Smile
Organizational Behavior-passed
Intro to Computing-passed
Ethics in America DSST-passed
Intro to World Religions-passed
Technical Writing-passed
Anthropology-passed
Social Science & History-passed
Humanities-passed:eek:
Substance Abuse-passed
Civil War and Reconstruction-passed :eek:
Psychology of Women TECEP- passed
I graduated from Ner Israel Rabbinical College with a BA in talmudic law.
This sounds like a question where you'd probably get more knowledgeable response at degreeinfo.com.

One problem is, I don't know how fast you'd have to complete your degree at one of the online colleges for you to get a degree by August--i.e. there's probably at least a couple of months lag between the time you finish and submit your credits to the time you get the actual diploma.
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
vbmith Wrote:I graduated from Ner Israel Rabbinical College with a BA in talmudic law.

[SIZE="2"]Just who are they accredited by?[/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
AARTS , theological not military

CHEA • Directory of Faith-Based Accrediting Organizations

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Operation Varsity Blues Alpha 1 465 03-17-2021, 03:18 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Post Degree Blues burbuja0512 23 2,718 03-16-2014, 10:44 AM
Last Post: ryoder