Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BA English at TESU
Hey everyone,

Because I have too much time on my hands, or maybe I'm crazy (it's most likely both) I've decided to get a BA in English from TESU. Yes, I am still working toward my degree at Excelsior, as well.

The cool thing is, I had so many applicable credits that I was able to get 97 credits applied toward the degree. I have met the UL requirement.

All I need now is:

1. Information Literacy - TESU 
  2. Ethical Leadership - Completing with Sophia, almost done
  3. Survey of Literature (6cr) - Does anyone know what transfers to TESU as LIT205 and LIT206? Study.com? I only saw 1 American Literature class.
  4. Analysis & Interpretation of Literature - Study.com (Pending approval, I may already have this taken care of.)
  5. Non Western Literature - Study.com
  6. Liberal Arts Capstone - TESU
Any advice on getting #3 would be helpful! I'm just a little unsure about fulfilling that requirement. Any other cheaper/faster/wiser advice is also appreciated! Thanks!
Completed Degrees
ACE: M.Ed. Instructional Design and Technology
NAU: B.S. Public Administration

Degrees in Progress
ACE: Ed.D. Instructional Technology
TESU: B.A. English
[-] The following 1 user Likes hlg38's post:
  • Muldoon
#3 - CLEP American Literature 6 credits and hits both spots - it's FREE if you can get into a test center!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Be aware of how the rules at both schools work concerning 2nd degrees. TESU requires 24 new credits earned AFTER the first degree is awarded. I don't know what Excelsior's rules are about awarding a second degree or if they even allow it. You could really cause yourself problems if you do this wrong.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(04-07-2020, 07:25 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: #3 - CLEP American Literature 6 credits and hits both spots - it's FREE if you can get into a test center!

Do you think it will still be worth 6 credits after the catalog change in July?
(04-07-2020, 07:55 PM)maxxor6868 Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 07:25 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: #3 - CLEP American Literature 6 credits and hits both spots - it's FREE if you can get into a test center!

Yes, it should continue to be worth 6 credits for the next little while, there should be no changes to this in July. Catalog changes are for course requirements in the degree, I don't think it'll affect the change in how much credit they will grant for individual course exams. CLEP/DSST should be safe, ACE and NCCRS would be less safe in regards to these changes...

(04-07-2020, 08:55 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:

Yes, it should continue to be worth 6 credits for the next little while, there should be no changes to this in July.  Catalog changes are for course requirements in the degree, I don't think it'll affect the change in how much credit they will grant for individual course exams.  CLEP/DSST should be safe, ACE and NCCRS would be less safe in regards to these changes...

If I finish and send my credits in before July will they be sent or can ace or nccrs be effected after July do you know?
(04-07-2020, 07:29 PM)davewill Wrote: Be aware of how the rules at both schools work concerning 2nd degrees. TESU requires 24 new credits earned AFTER the first degree is awarded. I don't know what Excelsior's rules are about awarding a second degree or if they even allow it. You could really cause yourself problems if you do this wrong.

I thought about that. So far, so good. I don't plan on cross-transferring anything. Thanks for the heads up!

Interesting. My local community college offers CLEP testing, but they say the CLEP website charges $89 for a voucher and the colleges charges a $25 testing fee.
Completed Degrees
ACE: M.Ed. Instructional Design and Technology
NAU: B.S. Public Administration

Degrees in Progress
ACE: Ed.D. Instructional Technology
TESU: B.A. English
hlg38, that's right, you pay first and then you get your money back, it's all free for now! Modernstates.org is the website you want to get your learning materials and short videos, sign up for the course, complete it, get your exam voucher. Pay for your testing fee and email them for reimbursement.

(04-07-2020, 08:55 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:

Yes, it should continue to be worth 6 credits for the next little while, there should be no changes to this in July.  Catalog changes are for course requirements in the degree, I don't think it'll affect the change in how much credit they will grant for individual course exams.  CLEP/DSST should be safe, ACE and NCCRS would be less safe in regards to these changes...
 Speaking of this - is it 6 credits at COSC? I think ACE says 3?
Every school is different - Go figure - COSC is 3, but TESU is 6
It even says on their master exam or transfer guide. See below.

TESU CLEP List: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/c...am-program
COSC Master Exam List: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...s_9.19.pdf

Now for TESU, they have the exams showing as expiring in 2022/2023 for some exams, but a few are blank, including this exam. So, that is why I mentioned it should be fine as all the exams will need to be updated, these were updated in 2019. So, if you're taking the exams prior to 2022, you should be safe as they keep changing the dates and not the award of credits!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,975 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,156 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch