Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BA in English – Professional Communication & Journalism Concentration
Gen eds + electives are 74 credits right there. That leaves 46 credits or 16 classes at UMPI. That doesn't look too bad.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
For this program you need these courses:

Students must complete 21 credit hours of English core courses.

ENG-211: Introduction to Creative Writing

ENG-151: Introduction to Literature

ENG 259: Contemporary World Literature

PCJ 180: Intro to Professional Communication and Journalism

ENG 241: Enlightenment and Rise of Anglo-American Literatures and Cultures

EDU 242: Modern and Contemporary Anglo-American Literatures and Cultures

EDU 391: Studies in the English Language

Students must complete 25 credit hours of Professional Communication & Journalism concentration courses.

ART 108: Graphic Design

PCJ 214: Under Development

PCJ215: Business Communication

PCJ 315: Professional Communications

PCJ 316: Advanced Professional Communications

PCJ 396: Field Experience Practicum

PCJ 493: Teaching & Learning in a Proficiency-Based System

BUS 240: Change Management

BUS 260: Leadership

So I suppose I need to take these all at UMPI
COMPLETED

ASU: Human Origins (3)
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (1) Student Success (1)  The Ess. of Managing Conflict (1) Art History 1 (3) US History 1(3) Religions (3) Environmental science (3) Ancient Greek Philosophers (3) English Comp 1 (3) 
Visual communications (3) Art History 2 (3) Introduction to psychology (3) Introduction to Ethics (3) US History 2 (3) Human Biology (3) 
Communication at Work (3) Conflict resolution(3)

The institute: Ethics 312 (3)
Shmoop: Holocaust Literature (3) American National Government (3) Introduction to Drama (3)

IN PROGRESS
Sophia:    
(03-23-2021, 05:14 PM)SweetsugarNL Wrote: I think I need a minimum of 17 courses unless I can take some alternative English ul classes.

If you want to complete the English BLS at UMPI, I would just take the UL English classes at UMPI. They'll cost more at BYU. Study doesn't have any. UMPI only accepts ACE credits for alternative credit. 

Another thought is if you just want to get a bachelor's degree, they have a liberal arts degree called a BLS (bachelor's of liberal studies). You have to pick a minor and there's 4 options - education, management, project management, management information systems, or accounting. You could take whatever English courses you want at UMPI and not be locked into all of those English courses. If you went this route, I would take every class Sophia offers except English Comp 1 & 2 because they are much easier and a lot less work at UMPI. You could also take American Government, Spanish 1, and Astronomy on InstantCert. 
Thank you, i take a look again on the BLS.
COMPLETED

Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (1) Student Success (1)  The Ess. of Managing Conflict (1) Art History 1 (3) US History 1(3) Religions (3) Environmental science (3) Ancient Greek Philosophers (3) English Comp 1 (3) 
Visual communications (3) Art History 2 (3) Introduction to psychology (3) Introduction to Ethics (3) US History 2 (3) Human Biology (3) 

Shmoop: Holocaust Literature (3) American National Government (3) Introduction to Drama (3)

IN PROGRESS
Sophia:    
(03-23-2021, 05:33 PM)SweetsugarNL Wrote: For this program you need these courses:

Students must complete 21 credit hours of English core courses.

ENG 241: Enlightenment and Rise of Anglo-American Literatures and Cultures

EDU 242: Modern and Contemporary Anglo-American Literatures and Cultures

EDU 391: Studies in the English Language

Students must complete 25 credit hours of Professional Communication & Journalism concentration courses.

PCJ 214: Under Development

PCJ215: Business Communication

PCJ 316: Advanced Professional Communications

PCJ 396: Field Experience Practicum

PCJ 493: Teaching & Learning in a Proficiency-Based System

So I suppose I need to take these all at UMPI

I haven't found equivalents for the ENG courses. For PCJ215, you can try BUS113 on Study. The rest you would need to complete at UMPI. I don't see equivalents for these on Study. Sophia doesn't have them either. The Practicum and teaching courses you won't be able to do anywhere else. The advanced courses are also UMPI specific. Change Management is a really easy and fast course. I completed it in under a week including writing the Final Assessment.
I'm surprised ACE providers don't have at least half of the following.

I guess these business courses aren't usually required for business degrees (or any degrees), but they seem to have so many business, comm, and lower level courses.

You can get World Literature through SDC. Intro to Literature and Intro to Creative Writing might also be at SDC (depending on UMPI's opinions) but ss20ts says that UMPI's classes are faster and easier than SDC's offerings.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • Ideas, Pikachu
(03-24-2021, 08:23 AM)rachel83az Wrote: You can get World Literature through SDC. Intro to Literature and Intro to Creative Writing might also be at SDC (depending on UMPI's opinions) but ss20ts says that UMPI's classes are faster and easier than SDC's offerings.

If I stick to COSC, I can do these courses for a BALS.

For me, it is better to take classes at my own speed.
So UMPI is a risk.
But their programs are nice.
COMPLETED

IN PROGRESS
Sophia:    
(03-24-2021, 08:23 AM)rachel83az Wrote: You can get World Literature through SDC. Intro to Literature and Intro to Creative Writing might also be at SDC (depending on UMPI's opinions) but ss20ts says that UMPI's classes are faster and easier than SDC's offerings.

I didn't recommend them because their descriptions do not match UMPI's at all. SDC doesn't have those courses. UMPI courses are so much less work than Study. 
@SweetsugarNL - Decisions, Decisions... since both COSC/UMPI require 30 RA credits, you can work on your 90 credits through ACE sources, when you're getting there, decide on the degree/school of choice and finish the requirements according to the remaining credits. I suggest making sure all the courses you are taking will go to both schools for transfer credit.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PCJ 215 Business Communication Mom5 32 3,179 01-28-2024, 11:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  English Major Graduates ashkir 0 271 01-04-2024, 07:07 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Double majoring and adding a second concentration glutentag 5 573 11-26-2023, 10:28 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI English degree planning NJgirl 4 620 11-07-2023, 06:44 PM
Last Post: NJgirl
  SDC English Comp 2 BigJohn1975 12 687 08-22-2023, 02:26 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  CLEP English Composition counting as a RA credit? tallis 11 698 07-11-2023, 04:22 PM
Last Post: tallis
  PCS 215 Business Communication or Com 210 • Oral Communications Sara143 5 993 07-03-2023, 10:28 AM
Last Post: Sara143
  Best English Comp provider kylan11 11 1,438 06-14-2023, 08:04 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  UMPI English Degree wilsjano 2 859 03-15-2023, 02:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Yourpace English class mickey20 4 976 02-20-2023, 02:14 PM
Last Post: mickey20